Thread: Florida Preemption with teeth

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Florida Preemption with teeth

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news...squashing.html

$5,000 fine if local governments don't comply. Something Michigan needs.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned
    Thats what Im talking about, trouble is, getting the legislature to hold a local .gov accountable is tough. Something like the way cops and criminals dont like to snitch each other out.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    nice!
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    Id like to see ours with another decimal. Teeth are nice, fangs are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news...squashing.html

$5,000 fine if local governments don't comply. Something Michigan needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    This is a new law; it will be interesting how this is played out when a city or county tries to circumvent it.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

5,000 seems way to low, thats nothing at all to a city like say Miami, or Jackson couty. 50,000 is better but still, 5'gs is way to low. It however is a great idea, in theory, now lets see how it plays out in fact.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

we need this.

Banned
    .How about if the 50,000$ fine was to be paid to a pro gun organization of the complainants choice. Organizations such as MOC, MGO, MRCGO or the nra.

That would really burn them up.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 08-13-2011 at 01:27 AM.

stainless1911,

I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    .How about if the 50,000$ fine was to be paid to a pro gun organization of the complainants choice. Organizations such as MOC, MGO, MRCGO or the nra.

That would really burn them up.
    Now sir you have simply gone to far! This sort of talk should be used only in the face of those right wing gun yahoo's that want good common sense laws and who want to play "cowboy, or girl" whichever the case may be by toteing pistols all over the place in anyplace they see fit! Stop it man before you bring shame unto yourself!

But really something like this wouldn't ever get through, but I could see that the dollar, may have a good chance! They do so love to punish our wallets! By Forceing us the "common folk " to pay 3 times the parking violations when the absolutley know that no good parking can be found for miles around!

Yup that was my rant, I haven't had one for awhile and think I am due and if a livonia council person can rant then so can I, HA!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!