Thread: Pardons

Pardons

On the subject of Pardons for permit disqualifying crimes. I got a pardon in May of 2006 or 2007. I did it absolutely free and now have a permit. I have encouraged and assisited 3 others in the process. If you know anyone that would like their rights reinstated, please encourage them to start the pardon process. Do not be fooled by websites stating the only way to do it is by paying a lawyer. 3 friends and myself can attest that it can be done for free!! (well almost free...i think it's $50 for State Police records check.) It will take some legwork tracking down documents from local courts, police etc. My experience is 4 for 4. If denied, one can try a year later and I would probably recommend counsel. It is truly refreshing to have a second chance.
    I don't particularly care if cops are comfortable with armed citizens or not. It's well established by now that a cop will in all likelihood not be coming to your rescue should you run into serious trouble. Assume that the police will arrive just in time to cordon off the crime scene. You are the first (and often last) line of defense when it comes to your own survival.

PM me your email if you can. I get plenty of questions on this process and I could use a resource.

PM'd
    I don't particularly care if cops are comfortable with armed citizens or not. It's well established by now that a cop will in all likelihood not be coming to your rescue should you run into serious trouble. Assume that the police will arrive just in time to cordon off the crime scene. You are the first (and often last) line of defense when it comes to your own survival.

Rather than be redundant.....

Maybe the three of us can get together for coffee some night and go through all of this.

I have probably many of the same questions Rich does and I'd like to add a page to my site on the process and what you have done.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.