Thread: Ntional Gun Day & JAG Military Show - Louisville, Sept 10th & 11th, 2011.

Question Ntional Gun Day & JAG Military Show - Louisville, Sept 10th & 11th, 2011.

In reference to the National Gun Day and JAG Military show in Louisville, I've been reading alot of posts previously about problems in the the Louisville area with LEO & some places of business. I was wondering if this will effect those that carry during the show?
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

every one i have ever been to, if you were bringing a firearm they had to be checked and a cable tie was placed over the action (show rules)

It's a decent little drive for me, but I'm likely to make it there. The wife is always eager to have something to do after all.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed to whom it may concern.
    Why open carrying is a good idea: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...encounter.html

I've never ventured that far west in the state for a gun show but I hear that it's supposed to be a good one. I usually just hit the big one that comes to Lexington. I usually sling my EBR when I go to one of these shoes being on the lookout for tweaks and mods in addition for better sleeker, better components. I know that in carrying my EBR in Lexington, I've never encountered any issues even when Lexington Metro was setup at Rupp with their mobile command center, scaring the **** out of the sheeple with their "announcements" over the loudspeakers. I wasn;t sure if there might be issues with slinging the EBR at this one as well.

I knew about the checking and zip tie of the weapons upon entry and that's their rules. *LOL*

A bunch of us are looking into caravaning down for this one though and was just wondering about the atmosphere out there.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

My daughter lives in Jeffersonville In and we will visiting at that time. Where is the show? Id love to meet up. We are from SC.Pm me and maybe can get together as well tX GUYS,Frank

Quote Originally Posted by dadpharm View Post
    My daughter lives in Jeffersonville In and we will visiting at that time. Where is the show? Id love to meet up. We are from SC.Pm me and maybe can get together as well tX GUYS,Frank
    Visit this link: http://www.nationalgunday.com/

You should be able to find all the info you need to make this show. They even provide a jump link to Yahoo Maps to get driving directions: http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=us&q2=9...e%2C%20ky%20us
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    You'll see lots of Louisville Metro Police at this show. Most of them are looking for deals amongst the vendors. I'm sure you'll have no trouble with your EBR, except some LEO may try to buy it from you. If you decide to come, PM me and you, CharleyCherokee and I will try to meet up. The same goes for anyone else that wants to meet. I'd like to see all of you. Your misgiving are unfounded. I've been to hundreds of gun shows in Louisville and never seen or heard of any incidents. I've also OC'ed all over downtown Louisville's streets without a problem. There may be a few rogue cops left in Louisville, but it as OC friendly as almost any big city in the country.
    As soon as I can get everything verified, I'll do that. It would be great to get to meet and put faces to names here. *LOL* I'll be looking for items for the new EBR. *LOL* She's still kind of "naked" for the moment. *LOL*

If for some reason I can't make Lousiville on Sept. 10th, I'll for sure be in Lexington on Sept. 24th.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

I plan on attending this event with my wife. Hopefully if everything goes right with work we plan to go and pick up a new rifle, handgun, and maybe some ammo. We want to be there on Sat but might have to do it sun depending on work. What day do you guys plan on being there?

So what do you do with your magazine when they unload and ziptie it? Just put it in your pocket? I will OC here and maybe get a chance to meet some of you. Hopefully we can share some stories about OC in our state.

Ive been to this gunshow before, there will be a good number of LEO's there but they are usually just checking stuff out. Never had any issues with them.

Me and the wife are confirmed for saturday the 10th.

Anybody else?

I was originally confirmed for it but then some particularly nasty family issues arose and will apparently prevent me from making this show. My fall back plan is the Lexington show that's 2 weeks later. Hopefully by then things will be worked out and calmer.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

10 more days and im still not sure what im going to be looking for to purchase... so many things on the list.

Me and my wife will be there saturday morning for sure.

Im a big guy at 6'5 and I will be OCing my S&W and will probably be toting around a few purchases! Feel free to say hi to me.

I do tend to take pit stops in the back where the food stands are just to sit down so you might catch us there.

I will probably have my camo shooters hat on as well.

Hope to see you guys there!