• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's really do something about Fry's Electronics

Phxbluesman

Maybe I am dreaming that we could pull it off but...

I know that as soon as someone finds a business that doesn't support 2A rights the first choice is as an individual not patronize said business. Well as satifying as it may be indivudually I don't feel it has any result in changing the policy of said business. What we need is strength in numbers. Perhaps if we could get a group of us that will respond with emails, phone calls and even protest.

I went to Fry's Electronics last week and found this greeting me at the door.
frysnoguns.jpg

Now that is wrong on a couple levels...first because they aren't supporting 2A rights and second because it a sign meant for a bar! (A.R.S. 4-229 )

Well this is what I would like to send to the manager at the Tbird location. If we could get a half dozen or so to particpate it just might work.

Dear,

I wanted to discuss the no firearms sign you have posted. While I understand the reasoning that may have led to you posting that sign I submit to you that that although it may seem counter intuitive, your sign has no effect on deterring crime and actually may encourage it, in addition you are losing business dollars from many law abiding citizens.

Criminals make a living by guess what? Breaking the law and therefore will ignore your sign. Law abiding people will turn around and take their business elsewhere as well as telling other to not patronize your business. Also posting a sign infers that there has been trouble at your business before and that it is an unsafe place.

To a criminal a no firearms sign looks like this…
nocarry.png

Here is a list of major retailers that support citizen’s constitutional rights

Fry’s Food Stores
Starbucks
Home Depot
Wal-Mart
Sam’s Club
Albertson’s
Jack In the Box
Chase Bank
Desert Schools Credit Union
Lowes
Valley Metro Bus/Light Rail
Auto Zone
Walgreens
Radio Shack
And many more.

There has not been the shootout at the OK corral in these businesses and in fact in one confirmed instance it actually prevented a crime.

From the Atlanata Examiner

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw#ixzz1UqzzHs1y
"Matt Brannan and J.P. Mitchell were dining in the Wafflehouse on Barrett Parkway at I-575 in Kennesaw at 4:45 in the morning recently when a scout for an armed robbery crew entered the restaurant to case it. At the time, Matt and J.P. thought he looked a little suspicious, as he was wandering around the small restaurant like he was looking for someone. Unknown to Matt and J.P., two cars full of armed robbers were parked behind the restaurant waiting for the scout's report.

The scout saw that two of the customers were wearing holstered pistols, and he immediately turned and left the store.

Meanwhile, conscientious Cobb County Police Officer D. Lowe had noticed suspicious cars sitting behind the restaurant in the dark and decided to investigate. He caught men with masks and rifles who had been preparing to rob the Wafflehouse. The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers and were waiting for Matt and J.P. to leave. Ironically, the police car was pulling in to the parking lot just as Matt and J.P. were driving away. In other words, had Matt and J.P. not been armed, the robbery probably would have occurred before the police intervened."

In addition the sign you do have posted is intended for a business that sells alcohol for onsite consumption i.e. bars. The statute A.R.S. 4-229 is for bars and restaurants that serve liquor and specifically refers to people with concealed carry permits. Does Fry’s even have a liquor license?

This letter is the first attempt to persuade you to please remove your sign. Fry’s Electronics on Tbird is still currently on the list of friendly businesses on sites such as http://www.friendorfoe.us/ but I am waiting to submit it as non-friendly until I hear back from you. If you choose not remove the sign, myself and other members of Open Carry Forum plan use social media to network as well as contact the TV media in order to organize a protest along Thunderbird Rd. with signs stating:

Fry’s Electronics does not support the constitution.

Respectfully

Last edited:

Phxbluesman

Revision

Okay , thought I would hold of on the whole protest thing right off the bat. Also, can anyone can add to the list of major retailers that are 2A friendly?

Dear,

I wanted to discuss the no firearms sign you have posted. While I understand the reasoning that may have led to you posting that sign I submit to you that that although it may seem counter intuitive, your sign has no effect on deterring crime and actually may encourage it, in addition you are losing business dollars from many law abiding citizens.

Criminals make a living by guess what? Breaking the law and therefore will ignore your sign. Law abiding people will turn around and take their business elsewhere as well as telling other to not patronize your business. Also posting a sign infers that there has been trouble at your business before and that it is an unsafe place.

To a criminal a no firearms sign looks like this…

nocarry.png

Charlie Chip /Fry's Electronics Mascot...what' that on his hip????
attachment.php

Starbucks
Home Depot
Wal-Mart
Sam’s Club
Albertson’s
Jack In the Box
Chase Bank
Fry’s Food Stores
Lowes
Auto Zone
Walgreens
Radio Shack
And many more.

The sky has not fallen nor has there has not been the shootout at the OK corral in these businesses and in fact in one confirmed instance it actually prevented a crime.

From the Atlanta Examiner

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...#ixzz1UqzzHs1y
"Matt Brannan and J.P. Mitchell were dining in the Wafflehouse in Kennesaw at 4:45 in the morning recently when a scout for an armed robbery crew entered the restaurant to case it. At the time, Matt and J.P. thought he looked a little suspicious, as he was wandering around the small restaurant like he was looking for someone. Unknown to Matt and J.P., two cars full of armed robbers were parked behind the restaurant waiting for the scout's report.

The scout saw that two of the customers were wearing holstered pistols, and he immediately turned and left the store.

Meanwhile, conscientious Cobb County Police Officer D. Lowe had noticed suspicious cars sitting behind the restaurant in the dark and decided to investigate. He caught men with masks and rifles who had been preparing to rob the Wafflehouse. The criminals informed the police that they had changed their mind upon discovering armed customers

In addition the sign you do have posted is intended for a business that sells alcohol for onsite consumption i.e. bars. The statute A.R.S. 4-229 is for bars and restaurants that serve liquor and specifically refers to people with concealed carry permits. Does Fry’s have a liquor license?

This letter is the first attempt to persuade you to please remove your sign. Fry’s Electronics on Thunderbird is still currently on the list of friendly businesses on sites such as http://www.friendorfoe.us/ but I am waiting to submit it as non-friendly until I hear back from you. If you choose not remove the sign, I will post your location as a non-friendly 2 amendment business on http://www.friendorfoe.us/ as well as www.opencarry.org/ and other social media.

Respectfully

attachment.php

VW_Factor

Its funny. My wife and I went to Fry's today. Looking at some different vacuums.

I had a button up shirt on, however it only partially covers my pistol. Its very busy there on a Saturday afternoon. No one said a word about it. Our Fry's however, does not have any signs.

28kfps

I have been in our Las Vegas Fry’s OCing many times. There is no signs. This may be some fall out of the Tucson shooting.

I would like to see a push on business to post signs that say, only legally carried open or concealed firearms allowed. This would be a reminder to the would be bad guy their gun is illegal and not allowed (if that matters to them) most of all informing them there is a good chance he does not have the only weapon.

My though is hopefully satisfying the business owners need to put up some kind of gun control sign while allowing them and the legally carrying to benefit from the additional protection of legally carried firearms. It boggles my mind how anyone can believe putting up a sign informing a constant lawbreaker not to break the law does any good.

Last edited:

28kfps

In addition the sign you do have posted is intended for a business that sells alcohol for onsite consumption i.e. bars. The statute A.R.S. 4-229 is for bars and restaurants that serve liquor and specifically refers to people with concealed carry permits. Does Fry’s have a liquor license?

Respectfully

attachment.php

Nevada has a similar NRS not directed at liquor establishments however does for the most part and as a very short version say no firearms allowed per a NRS whatever the number is. The problem is in the text of the NRS it only refers to concealed firearms.

Some of our motor vehicles offices have such signs posted. I believe it is the only NRS on the books that address no firearms. Because there is no other, no-gun NRS it would appear several places post this NRS in hopes to buffalo those that carry open not to enter with their firearm. Most of us enter past such posting while OCing anyways. There has been the occasional security guard that will receive some schooling from a knowledgeable OCer. Up in northern NV. some of the DMVs after not successful trying to intimidate the OC customer to leave with a incorrect NRS are moving the customer OCing to the head of the line to get them out quicker.

Last edited:

Phxbluesman

Is there a cafe in the Tbird Fry's? There is one in the Las Vegas NV store. If there is a cafe, do they sell liquor? I believe the Las Vegas store does sell liquor/beer, but I'm not 100% sure.

I do love the fact that you found their mascot and it is wearing a toy gun. Classic!

That's no toy...it's a .90 caliber wheel gun!

I have been in our Las Vegas Fry’s OCing many times. There is no signs. This may be some fall out of the Tucson shooting.

I would like to see a push on business to post signs that say, only legally carried open or concealed firearms allowed. This would be a reminder to the would be bad guy their gun is illegal and not allowed (if that matters to them) most of all informing them there is a good chance he does not have the only weapon.

My though is hopefully satisfying the business owners need to put up some kind of gun control sign while allowing them and the legally carrying to benefit from the additional protection of legally carried firearms. It boggles my mind how anyone can believe putting up a sign informing a constant lawbreaker not to break the law.

The Fry's at Thunderbird has had a NO FIREARMS sign since before the Tucson shootings -- hence why I don't ever shop there.

28kfps

The Fry's at Thunderbird has had a NO FIREARMS sign since before the Tucson shootings -- hence why I don't ever shop there.

With that said may be the Arizona Fry’s just does not like firearms. I can understand not shopping there. The one in Las Vegas has no problem. I am not the only one that OCs there. Fry’s Electronics in Las Vegas does have some kind of Café. I do not believe they sale liquor. However, in Nevada the only liquor restrictions while carrying a firearm is if your blood alcohol level is 0.10 or above. Legally carrying and having a beer or two is legal. Ironically, the level is higher if you are carrying a deadly weapon than driving one. For DUI it is 0.08 or above.

greengum

I OC at Las Vegas fry's all the time and never really had an issue. I also OC'ed at a fry's in Anaheim California, pretty sure I saved myself from a good pepper spraying or worse with my dangerous unloaded gun, as I left I saw 3 cop cars pull up...uhg California

I OC at Las Vegas fry's all the time and never really had an issue. I also OC'ed at a fry's in Anaheim California, pretty sure I saved myself from a good pepper spraying or worse with my dangerous unloaded gun, as I left I saw 3 cop cars pull up...uhg California

You're braver (or more foolish) that I, sir. I wouldn't even OC an unloaded firearm (as is required, if I recall correctly) in CA. CA guns laws are one reason I don't even ever consider visiting the state.

sharkey

Snip.

Fry’s Food Stores
Starbucks
Home Depot
Wal-Mart
Sam’s Club
Albertson’s
Jack In the Box
Chase Bank
Lowes
Auto Zone
Walgreens
Radio Shack
And many more.

Jack in the box is on your list of supporters? I just ate at one in Tempe with a no firearms sign. I know, I know, I was concealed and hungry. Anyways, should I send a letter or do franchises act different than corporate?

Last edited:

jeremy05

Just a heads up for your email, the OK corral has a NO WEAPONS sign on the window. I just thought that was funny. Most the restaurants in Tombstone are Gun Free Zones. I just LOL and go in anyways.

OldCurlyWolf

Jack in the box is on your list of supporters? I just ate at one in Tempe with a no firearms sign. I know, I know, I was concealed and hungry. Anyways, should I send a letter or do franchises act different than corporate?

A franchisee has a few options about corporate policies. If a franchisee wants to ban firearms on his property, the franchisee actually owns the property and building, he is perfectly within his rights to do so. If a manager of a company store wants to do so and corporate policy is not to do so, then the manager better not or he/she can get fired.

Badger Johnson

You have to be pretty darn hungry to eat at a Jack-in-the-Box. It's the one "restaurant" where I ate one time and walked out to the car and immediately barfed up the whole meal. Never again for me...I can't recall the last time I ate at a fast food joint. :(

sharkey

You have to be pretty darn hungry to eat at a Jack-in-the-Box. It's the one "restaurant" where I ate one time and walked out to the car and immediately barfed up the whole meal. Never again for me...I can't recall the last time I ate at a fast food joint. :(

I was starving! I rarely eat fast food and the big chicken sandwhich or whatever I ate was nasty, but their bacon ultimate cheeseburger, steakmelt and oreo cookie shakes are awesome. Oooh, I'll bet they have pumpkin shakes out again now.

ETA. Their funnel cake is good too, or is that Del Taco Funnel Fries I'm thinking of?

Last edited:

Phxbluesman

Next draft

I will remove Jack in The Box from the list as I did notice that on the outside of the ones I have visited there is a no trespassing and no firearms sign, usually around the sides and not easily visible...you really have to look for it Still there is no sign at the entrances as I have OCed many times there. Their tacos are definitely a food group all their own! LOL

I am looking for some responses from other companies regarding their policy regarding firearms that I can add them to the letter. Specifically ones where they state "ACME follows state laws and regulations regarding firearms" I have seen a few posts regarding Lowes etc. where after an incident the company responded with something like that. I think there is a vid of a Starbucks exec stating something similar. I just need to do some searching to find them again. any links would be appreciated.

Again, I believe we need to band together to have a more effective response. Like I said, as satisfying as it may be to the individual to simply not patronize a particular business I don't think it will ever get them to change their policy. If we all want to normalize the sight of every day citizens OCing and eliminate gun buster signs then we have to take a unified approach. I believe Starbucks and Culvers are just two companies that have decided to adhere to state law regarding firearms. I think that is a key phrase, as it takes the responsibility away from the company and puts it on the state. Maybe an online petition in addition to a letter and a few phone calls to a store might just do the trick?

I will post the next draft as soon as completed.

Let's normalize the sight of everyday citizens OCing...Carry On!!!

Last edited: