• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

HighFlyingA380

It's unfortunate that I will be on vacation from the 5th thru the 18th. I will keep checking back for the next one though! Thanks for the info and quick response.
Just keep your eye out for the location of the next one. They are usually the second Saturday of the month at 5:00pm. Location changes, and we try to set it at the prior meeting, but once in a while it's not nailed down until a day or two before. Have fun on vacation!

Mike OC Kimber

Just keep your eye out for the location of the next one. They are usually the second Saturday of the month at 5:00pm. Location changes, and we try to set it at the prior meeting, but once in a while it's not nailed down until a day or two before. Have fun on vacation!

Cool thanks! I will have fun. I hope I stay safe since I will be disarmed. Flying overseas. First for me. :)

Marc

I just wish we could get more folks around St. Joe. My neighbor OCs and is even a member of one of our facebook groups but as far as i know still has not joined OCDO. And i still have not seen anyone besides him and my brother Ocing in this town. I know one person does it has been well documented I have just never run into him. The others on here i have never seen and one has been absent from the forum for quite awhile. So even tho this town allows OC i dont think the message is spreading at all here.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
All over Springfield this past Saturday.

Places of note:

Discovery Center during their free Earth Day event (lots of kids and adults, no one said a word about my cz 75 on my hip)
Hong Kong Gardens (I think thats the name), which is where a guy stopped me as I was leaving to ask me is open carry was legal in missouri. I told him it was in 95% of the cities, or thereabouts. And most importantly, it is legal in Springfield.

Big Boy

Had kind of an opposite encounter the other day. I had someone come into my work place, and after helping him I noticed an empty Blackhawk Serpa on his hip. I asked him if he normally OC'd. He said yes. I told him next time he comes in that he did not have to disarm. He said, ok, but that he normally just does it anyway. He seemed a little bit nervous, might have been newer to open carry.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Starbucks in OFallon meet up.

Discussed the sate of Missouri politics with interested parties, non-event for the most part.

Fyermn

I think the biggest factor on having a bad experience OCing is how the person carrying looks. I OC nearly everyday everywhere in Springfield, MO. I have the advantage of being raised in the south by a strict mother. I brush my teeth to just go to the gas station to grab a coke. My hair is short and neat, usually a collared shirt tucked in, tactical style pants and duty boots. However I'm also on call for work so its just easier to always be presentable so chief does not get upset with us. By looking responsible and being confident in yourself has a drastic effect on how people perceive you. I also work nights downtown and I will OC to and from work. I have never gotten any negative feedback minus the occasional stare from someone who in my own opinion looks a little sketchy in the first place. Even the PD downtown greet me and act no differently towards me. This might be from the fact I have had a lot of face time with them with my job and they know me.

Wbinsk

Had to run into town to get my hair cut for work. My normal barber was closed...was 5 minutes late. Went to a new place, walked in with my Glock on my hip and my boy holdin my hand. Got an interesting look from a mother with 4 kids. Barber took a good look at it and asked what I wanted. Cut well, recieved tip, and went on my way. May have found a new barber.

usmcbess

In Washington washing bedclothes at the laundry right now. Stoped at the BP here in town and the Gamestop before coming here. Saw a classmate from school working at Gamestop.

In Washington washing bedclothes at the laundry right now. Stoped at the BP here in town and the Gamestop before coming here. Saw a classmate from school working at Gamestop.

Did you OC and if so did you get permission to do so from the one?

Last edited:

Fyermn

So last night, I had to make a hardware run at 10 pm for barrel fuses. First stop was the Walmart on south Campbell. I asked an employee for help trying to find the size I needed(zero help btw). He jokingly said he would help as long as I don't shoot him. I told him that is too much paperwork. After I told the employee I would be fine on my own, a group of high school girls walked by the aisle. They came back and asked if I was undercover. I just laughed and said I would be terrible if I was and explained in layman's terms what I was doing. Needless to say I left Walmart with only a couple good laughs and no fuses. I stopped at the Rapid Roberts on the way home and found my fuses. No problems there, granted I OC there nearly every day getting gas and a coke. Then today I stopped off at Lowe's to pick up flowers to plant with my mother on Mother's day. Had several people say Hi, and plenty of employees asking to help me and not the other shoppers around me.

osmanobma

kylemoul

okay im new to open carry. i havent yet done it but im planning on doing so shortly.
i was wondering if you guys know if I need a ccw permit inorder to open carry in St. Charles.
From reading the ordinances, I am under the impression that you need no permit inorder to open carry. is this correct?
here is the ordinance: http://z2codes.sullivanpublications.com/sullivan/Z2Browser2.html?showset=stcharlesset

sorry to not answer your question just yet, but it seems they have re-written their city ordinance to make it way more clear in wording than before, and also it looks like the "public assemblage met for any purpose" has been taken out!

In saint charles city you can OC with no permit (do not walk into a school OC'ing). You can also OC with no permit in saint charles county.

osmanobma

sorry to not answer your question just yet, but it seems they have re-written their city ordinance to make it way more clear in wording than before, and also it looks like the "public assemblage met for any purpose" has been taken out!

In saint charles city you can OC with no permit (do not walk into a school OC'ing). You can also OC with no permit in saint charles county.

thanks, i know not to carry in a school. but im not sure you are correct about all of st. charles county. because im 99.9% sure St. Peters is part of st. charles county. and their ordinance says you have to have a ccw in order to open carry.

HighFlyingA380

thanks, i know not to carry in a school. but im not sure you are correct about all of st. charles county. because im 99.9% sure St. Peters is part of st. charles county. and their ordinance says you have to have a ccw in order to open carry.
St. Peter's is a municipality within St Charles County. It's legal in the county, but St. Peter's may prohibit it.

osmanobma

St. Peter's is a municipality within St Charles County. It's legal in the county, but St. Peter's may prohibit it.

hey do you like your truglo sights. i was thinking about getting some for my glock 17. but im hesitant because i heard they might break? do you think they are pretty durable? also do you have any recommendation for the sight being green/green or yellow/green.?

BOOMcat12B

Oced both in Rolla and St. James tonight. Went to a local gas station in Rolla to get some more copenhagen, then went to Country Mart in STJ to get some stuff for a BBQ we had and had no problems at either place. Later went to the local Mobile gas station to get some energy drinks and once again no problems. All in all a good night

Griz

Windly Hill Farm Supply on Hwy B in Cedar Hill. Go there frequently. They are always nice and willing to help.

Couldn't find any online information of OC in Cedar Hill. Anyone gotta link?

wolfgangmob

Wal-Mart, McDonalds, and Philips 66 in Rolla

I decided to try OC in day light today in Rolla, I went by Wal-Mart to pick up a magazine holder (mine went missing after last going home) and a couple value packs of Winchester buckshot, the associate saw the pistol and had no issues. I then went to McDonalds to grab something for supper, decided to be lazy tonight, and workers were fine, a couple customers got big eyed when they saw it. Then about 10 minutes ago I walked to the Phillips 66 at 72 & O to get a couple things quick, nothing at all.