• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

xdmcompact

Being fairly new to OC, I would like to hear about everyones carry experiences good and bad. I will post my most recent from last night. I took a walk thru Unincorporated St. Louis County and Bella Villa without any problems. I walked past one county car on the other side of the street, and turned a corner putting my firearm in full view to them. Either they were preoccupied or just didn't see it. Now I know about Unincorporated St. Louis County, and at no time did I go onto or into any private property requiring me to ask to be there. Bella Villa is OC with permit. I see other states on here with carry experiences and thought we need some posted for Missouri. Lets hear em guys and gals, good bad or otherwise.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I did not OC at all today. Wearing light running shorts so it was CCW pocket 380 for me. It will likely be the same through tomorrow night as I have the kids for tonight and Saturday and Richie is just too curious and lacks the capacity to understand the danger. I will likely do so Saturday evening here around the house and to the store. Not sure if we are going to eat out or not.

The areas will be lake st louis, ofallon, st peters, wentzville, beyond that I do not know.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
Walked downtown in Lees Summit with my little girl, eat at Five Guys for dinner, did some shopping at HyVee, then got some Yogurt at Orange Leaf, and went home. No problems, no issues, as usual.

Richieg150

Went to this little place on Truman Road in Kansas City to get my wife some food for lunch, it was about 10:30. Its a family owned bussiness that has many LEO's eating there at various times. Pulled into the parking lot, 4 KCMO cruisers parked. Went over in my mind what I would try to say when confronted, and went inside.I walked inside, said hello to all the women who work there, as I have been going there for 20+ years,stood there and gave them my order. I looked to my right and there were 3 tables full LEO's, made eye contact, tried to act normal,if there is such a thing,hands kinda clasped in front of me, makeing my level 2 Serpa holster in plain view.Then waited...........chit chatted with the waitresses about what they and I had been up to, 5 minutes later my food was ready, paid, told all the gals bye and walked out the door.Not one word from the LEO's, not followed out the door, and no one waiting for me outside.....Pleasantly surprised.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
funny story after I replied to this thread I went out for a walk and went the gas station I go to 3-4 times a day LOL then walked downtown, I didnt even think hey its bar night, I ran into a couple cops and after passing them and saying hi, they turned around and stopped me they ran my ID, but then they started in on the lecture, I told them ccw and OC both have there ups and downs I prefer OC and there opinion doesnt matter. they told me they will stop me everytime they see me, i told them will I carry 24-7 and you havent stopped me in a year.

The one that asked for ID new me and said he stopped me at the park last year (the last time) I asked then why do you "need" to run my ID. "I might be a felon"

He then claimed he could get me on impersonating a officer for wearing blue jeans, a black shirt and black hat as I do everyday LOL I then called him out and told him his dumb intimidation was pathetic and I asked if I could go.

oh and Richieg150 you got mentioned, the other cop told me he see me all the time in my camo pant at QuickTrip I laughed at him, said "thats not me, he carries a rugar" LOL

needless to say it was late and bar night so I could understand the contact but once again LEO ignorance at work.

it was nice to bitch at them it released a little tension, the reason I was out walking LOL

phator

I carried my Glock 17 9mm gen 4 in a IWB holster @ 5 o'clock with 17 hornady TAP hollows while I walked witu my girlfriend and our Chihuahua. been more apt to of after attempted B & E the other night at 3 a.m. neighborHOOD isn't like it used to be

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Called the Stone County sherrif's dept. and confirmed that it was legal to OC throughout Stone County (but not in the city limits of Branson, which is in the next county, but since its a regular destination for many in the area, the lady at the sherrif's dept. wanted me to know and understand that I could only CC in Branson). So I went to Wal-Mart with my kids, spent 30min outside in the playgrounds while waiting for my parents to pick the kids up for a weekend sleepover before school starts, and wandered around Wal-Mart for around the same length of time.

Oh yeah, extremely new to OC (and guns in general). Carried my Sig Pro sp2022, but my wife has claimed it as hers so I've got to find another gun for myself lol. Going up to the gun show in Springfield later today to find one that feels right in my hands.

Marc

at xdmcompact

bro all u need to do iss go back through this forum several pages and you will find plenty of OC experiences both good and bad posted on here. We have all had them and they have been discussed at length you just have to go thru the past as this forum is over a hundred pages long. And welcome to OCDO, Carry safe and carry on. :)

Jim40Cal

Yesterday I carried in:

Sladek Hardware
K-Mart
Apple Market
Landmark Dodge
Metro Ford
Quik Trip while an Indep police officer was standing by his car as a Brinks truck was unloading/loading money. Only the guard inside the store looked at me.

Richieg150

He then claimed he could get me on impersonating a officer for wearing blue jeans, a black shirt and black hat as I do everyday LOL I then called him out and told him his dumb intimidation was pathetic and I asked if I could go.

oh and Richieg150 you got mentioned, the other cop told me he see me all the time in my camo pant at QuickTrip I laughed at him, said "thats not me, he carries a rugar" LOL

Thats has to be one of the stupidist things I have heard one of Lees Summits finest say, wearing blue jeans and a shirt makes you impersonating a cop......If he sees me all the time, he hasnt stopped or made any contact with me, but looks like he needs some education on Missouri Statutes and the oridinances of Lees Summit....

xdmcompact

Bro all u need to do is go back through this forum several pages and you will find plenty of OC experiences both good and bad posted on here. We have all had them and they have been discussed at length you just have to go thru the past as this forum is over a hundred pages long. And welcome to OCDO, Carry safe and carry on. :)

Thanks Marc old threads do not have recent events. I can look at all the times people carried in the past but that does not convey current issues in the different municipalities. I have been looking thru all the old posts and reading good and bad encounters, just thought it would be good to hear some new ones. As more and more people OC we need to keep current on where the problem areas are at. Again thanks Marc I will continue to read old threads and post my new OC experiences.

lordmorpheus

Today: just to the pool supply store and to the O'Reilly Auto Parts store where I begin work Monday. Nothing said at either location.

Yesterday: Supermarket at night, where the local PD has an officer working security, who was actually bagging groceries because they were slow. I went through that lane, and talked to the officer briefly about her bagging groceries. My strong side was facing the officer in plain view, and she didn't have any kind of reaction.

xdmcompact

OC'ed today in Kirkwood at a used sporting goods store got a few looks. Then again in Bella Villa at QT, one employee did a triple take while he was mopping the floor. No one else seemed to notice.

peterarthur

OC'd ...everywhere today!!! :)

Adavnced autoparts, 87th and Blue ridge (3 times)
QuickTrip 87th near 435 (at least 4 times)
On the Border mexican restaurant, Chipman and 50, Lees Summit
Jacob Turk's (Congressional candidate, ran against Cleaver 3 times) yard sale, Lees Summit
Starbucks on 291, home of the infamous "ASH TRAY" man and flying beetle attack
Empty parking lot where my daughter broke down (where Bannister Mall used to be, explaining trips to Advanced)
Office Max on 291 near "Ash Tray" man Starbucks.

Not a single comment and only a couple of strange looks, mostly at Starbucks :)