• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

mspgunner

Seeking Wal-Mart "Official OC Policy"

This just went into my mail box for Wal-Mart. I could not find a phone number to talk to anyone at the corporate office, so snail mail is the order of the day...... Stay tuned.

Wal-Mart
702 SW 8th St.
Bentonville, AR.
72717-8611

Dear Sirs,
There are some differences of opinion on many on line discussion forums regarding the “Official” corporate policy regarding customers and firearms. While it seems to be widely agreed that Wal-Mart recognizes that citizens with conceal and carry permits are welcome to carry their firearms in Wal-Mart stores there remains another question. In many States such as Missouri open carry of firearms is a legal option for citizens who wish to carry a firearm. Please, does Wal-Mart have an “official” corporate policy regarding the open carry of firearms by customers?

I would appreciate an email response so I might share your reply with the thousands of people who discuss such issues on numerous on line 2nd amendment forums. I have attempted to have this addressed via the Wal-Mart on line customer service web site, there has been no response via this site.

Sincerely,

mspgunner

email from Wal-Mart on firearms

Today is Oct. 19th, this is the email I just recieved from corporate Wal-Mart:
cstreply@wal-mart.com
Thank you for your message.

Dear My Name,

There is no policy against customers carrying their handgun in our stores as long as he/she is legally permitted by their state to carry the handgun.

As a private property owner, Walmart has the authority to ask customers to remove their handgun or leave the store on a case-by-case basis if customers or Walmart associates express concerns about the handgun.

For more information or further assistance, please contact your local stores management for assistance.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

Last edited:

mspgunner

note to self pizza guys tend to get a little freaked out when you open the door ocing

Actually it has been interesting, I've had ST. Louis Co. and Franklin Co. officers at my door when I had a firearm on... neither ever said a word.
Maybe they've been educated, then again I wasn't "wanted" for anything either...

xdmcompact

Cool.... sry I wasn't available for lunch.... Sunset Hills is good! Actually I was not invited... but it would have been fun.

Kind of a last minute thing, had to get her car licensed and then meet to switch cars. You are welcome anytime Marc, if I am available and can get there would have lunch with you anytime.

usmcbess

I have switched holsters

Until about two weeks ago I OC'd with my XD(m) in the paddle holster it came with. I recently bought two new holsters from UTG. I bought a universal horizontal shoulder holster and a universal thigh holster. I have begun to use the shoulder holster as my primary holster. I get alot more funny and shocked looks when I am wearing it though.

Redbaron007

OC'd to the local hardware store, TrueValue. The clerk told me her FIL was State Trooper in Minnesota and she liked being around him and his guns. I replied, congrats!

xdmcompact

Had lunch in Crestwood today, I think the mailman on his lunch break was a little uneasy. The usual looks but that's it.

Hoyt

fire call

had a tone drop for a structure today & I dont leave my hand gun in the car so it was on my side the whole time. not the first time I have taking my weapon on a fire call.

Firefighter524

fire call

had a tone drop for a structure today & I dont leave my hand gun in the car so it was on my side the whole time. not the first time I have taking my weapon on a fire call.

Heat + Ammo = probably not good. I installed a lock box on my gear rack. The only time I'm unarmed in from my rack to the scene and back.

peterarthur

OC'd in Walmart on Blue Ridge in KC. I was surrounded by a KCPD officer, the manager and 2 thuggish looking guys. They appeared suddenly and spoke to me as if I were walking naked or harrassing customers. Yes, they were "polite", but I felt as if I were being talked to like a criminal. The KCPD officer was very nice and suggested that if I had my CCW, it would make carrying in the store more convenient. I said that since I had not gotten around to asking the government for permission to exercise the rights God had given me (and I was smiling and speaking politely), I had no CCW. He calmly stated that that was OK, but that the manager requested I go and I gave him no trouble about it. Since I needed to get what I came for and it was too late at night to go elsewhere, I stowed my weapon and went back in to make my purchase. Not a single one of them made eye contact or spoke to me when I came back in...

Kudos to the officer and his excellent professional demeanor.

And shame on the night shift manager and his dangerous ideas about safety... I have come to realize that the stores could not care less about losing our business. But I still take it elsewhere as often as I can.

usmcbess

Eureka Walmart

I went to Eureka walmart to pick up some food and other stuff tuesday. After I got most of my stuff I started walkin toward the checkout. As i rounded the corner I crossed paths with a Eureka PD officer in his all black NWO NAZIesque uniform. He didnt say a word and just kept walkin. This is the kind of OC encountr I like!