• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

Richieg150

Open carried today to QT in Lees Summit a couple times, Orielys 4 times, Caseys in Grain Valley, Neighborhood Restraunt in Less Summit, Dairy Queen In Less Summit, nothing out of the ordinary a few double takes but that was it.But I wasnt wearing blue jeans, a dark shirt,or a black hat so I figured I was going to be ok..

Coach Ike

Casey's gas station in Osage Beach on way to Ozark to see my daughter and her husband's new house they are buying. HyVee in Osage Beach on way back home. No problems, don't even think anyone noticed. (yes, I have my ccw as "required" in Ozark)

Jim40Cal

QT Rd Mize and 291 Independence. Cathys Espress on 24 Hiway for rice for supper. The owners son who I have watched grow up waited on me and he ask me what I would do if he put up a no gun sign. I said after about 15 years of stopping there at least once a week I would take my money somewhere else. He then wanted to know about open carry. I guess it's possible I may have scared him with my Blue Jeans and gray t-shirt and my ever lovin Black hat...

Last edited:

xdmcompact

Tonight I took an even longer walk thru Unincorporated St. Louis County and then back Thru Bella Villa. Had one gentleman not from the area stop me and ask where the nearest police station was, said he had been left there by someone and was trying to find a ride home. He knelt down as he was talking to me his eyes right at gun level, don't think he ever saw it. I explained to him where the department was and that there was nobody there, told him to go to the QT where there is almost always an officer there. Thanks for all the carry stories from everyone and keep them coming. Every day you OC brings Open Carry further into the limelight.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yesterday: Supermarket at night, where the local PD has an officer working security, who was actually bagging groceries because they were slow. I went through that lane, and talked to the officer briefly about her bagging groceries. My strong side was facing the officer in plain view, and she didn't have any kind of reaction.

Am I the only one who thinks that the line choice had nothing to do with confrontation but was more related to the total hotness of the cop?

:)

No OC at all yesterday and an unexpected trip to the hospital had me disarm completely for a few hours. Today will depend upon how we dress if I oc to walmart and dierbergs. I do not expect it will be any different oc or cc because I have been carrying out here for several months with very few comments or even noticed by most folks.

I think what ya got in missouri is about 100 to 200 folks who open carry and about 50 who whine about it, it is only when those two groups see each other that it becomes any sort of issue.

lordmorpheus

Am I the only one who thinks that the line choice had nothing to do with confrontation but was more related to the total hotness of the cop?

:)

Lol, The officer in question isn't unattractive, but since I was buying beer, and didn't see an employee at the self check-out terminals, I didn't want to wait 10 minutes for someone to come along and approve the sale. Thus, I chose the one open check-out lane. :p

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Lol, The officer in question isn't unattractive, but since I was buying beer, and didn't see an employee at the self check-out terminals, I didn't want to wait 10 minutes for someone to come along and approve the sale. Thus, I chose the one open check-out lane. :p

I duuuunnooo, looks like code words for "I tried to buy the hottie a beer cause the person running the self check out was 90 years old" hmmmmmmm, trying to pick up the ladies while OC are ya?

:p

Just playing, glad our shopping experience went well.

I believe the reality of it is a vast majority of the police are cautious about it but not nuts, the few that do go nuts go so far nuts it is scary. While I have been asked why I video if I am not looking for a confrontation, I carry video for the same reason I carry a firearm, for protection. All one has to do is look at the philly thing last month to see why you need video. I would say it is likely far less than 5% are nuts with another 5% that are too totalitarian and 5 to 10% are real good and the middle 80% are cautiously neutral on it.

Last edited:

xdmcompact

OC'ed this evening to Smugala's Pizza in Crestwood Mo, had some good pizza with my wife and son. There was only one person who seemed like he could not stop looking at my firearm, looked like he was in his early twenties. Either he liked it or didn't know what to think of someone OC'ing.

After getting home from dinner I took another OC walk thru Unincorporated St. Louis County/Affton, then continued into St. Louis City where I CC'ed. I was back in the county OC'ing when a lady came out of her house to let her dogs into the backyard, and one of them ran into the street and over to me. Now mind you the street is half in the county and half in the city, I had to cover up to return her dog back to her(she is in the city me and the dog were in the county). There were three of them and every time she tried to come get him the others tried to follow her into the street. Another positive night OC'ing in Unincorporated St. Louis County.

Last edited:

lancers

Then again in Bella Villa at QT, one employee did a triple take while he was mopping the floor. No one else seemed to notice.

Just FYI, that QT is in unincorporated STL County, not Bella Villa. How you have not been stopped by those power tripping 4th district county cops is a mystery to me.

xdmcompact

OC'ed at Kirkwood walmart and Crestwood shop & save today, the usual looks but nothing said. Thinking about another walk tonight, might have more to go with this in an hour or two.

Took another OC walk in Unincorp. Stl. County, with no problems.

Last edited:

peterarthur

Honestly, I carry ALL over the KC area everyday, and posting updates when nothing happens, which is 99% of the time, seems funny :D

Verd

Campaign Veteran
The other day I OC'ed at Walmart, Dollar General, and McDonalds. No problems at any of those places.

To be honest, I dont think most people even realize I have a gun strapped to my side, and honestly wonder if they think its just some 1980's era cell phone :lol:

HYRYSC

Went out to eat at McDonald's last night with the fam and then we all went to a movie. A few odd looks by some folks, but nothing really out of the ordinary. Thought that the movie ticket taker was going to ask me about it, but then seemed to think better of it and just directed us to the theater.

Richieg150

Honestly, I carry ALL over the KC area everyday, and posting updates when nothing happens, which is 99% of the time, seems funny :D

I think the reason for posting good as well as bad, is to maybe encourage those who are just starting to Open Carry and have the Open Carry JITTERS. Letting them see that most of the time Open Carrying in uneventful, as well as what some go thru.Im thinking its like positive reinforcement, or something along those lines.

xdmcompact

I think the reason for posting good as well as bad, is to maybe encourage those who are just starting to Open Carry and have the Open Carry JITTERS. Letting them see that most of the time Open Carrying in uneventful, as well as what some go thru.Im thinking its like positive reinforcement, or something along those lines.

+1

Porchdog

OC'd all over St. Charles, St. Peters, and Cottleville today on my motorcycle. No hassle, no questions, don't think anyone even noticed my .357 on my hip. Was in an auto re[air shop, grocery store and computer store ... no problems anywhere. (and I always pick the check out lane with the hottest cashier, lol)