• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

BionicRooster

Bionic, Let me know when and where you'd like to meet. Most any time except noon till six p.m. is fine with me. James

Hell, I could meet right now, anytime tomorrow, or, I plan on going to Crossfire sometime on Wednesday, so yeah, I am pretty much open anytime.

So whenever is most convenient for you.

osmanobma

OC'ed in St. Charles County for dinner tonight, tried out a new burger place. Not a bad burger, now just hope we get one down towards the city so I don't have to drive so far for a good burger! Got the usual stares and gave some info to a friend of my wife's about CCW and OC that she was unaware of.

hey do you now if you need a ccw permit inorder to open carry in St. Charles, St. Peters, or for that matter anywhere in the St. Louis area. i am under the impression, that if i open carry in places where it is legal, like St. Peters then i dont even need a ccw permit. is this correct?

HighFlyingA380

hey do you now if you need a ccw permit inorder to open carry in St. Charles, St. Peters, or for that matter anywhere in the St. Louis area. i am under the impression, that if i open carry in places where it is legal, like St. Peters then i dont even need a ccw permit. is this correct?
Search is your friend. There is a plethora of threads on OCing in the STL area.

MainelyGlock

I've been carrying everywhere I go for the last few months, and have been CC'ing since I got my permit a month ago. I bought an IWB holster from an eBay store that custom makes them, and my gun fell out of it today. Been using it for awhile and it's the first time anything like this has happened. I think it was positioned in such a way that maybe the momentum from my moving leg pushed it out of the holster? I can say it was 100% secure when I put it on in the morning. Best part was it happened while I was grocery shopping! Only two people seemed to notice though, and even then they went back to looking at bourbon. So, now I'm in the market for a new IWB holster, because that really shouldn't happen..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've been carrying everywhere I go for the last few months, and have been CC'ing since I got my permit a month ago. I bought an IWB holster from an eBay store that custom makes them, and my gun fell out of it today. Been using it for awhile and it's the first time anything like this has happened. I think it was positioned in such a way that maybe the momentum from my moving leg pushed it out of the holster? I can say it was 100% secure when I put it on in the morning. Best part was it happened while I was grocery shopping! Only two people seemed to notice though, and even then they went back to looking at bourbon. So, now I'm in the market for a new IWB holster, because that really shouldn't happen..

Active retention does have advantages over passive/ snug fit alone.

Can't imagine my pistol rising up enough to clear the holster/fall out and my not noticing something was amiss first. What size, model gun were you carrying and in what holster?

MainelyGlock

Active retention does have advantages over passive/ snug fit alone.

Can't imagine my pistol rising up enough to clear the holster/fall out and my not noticing something was amiss first. What size, model gun were you carrying and in what holster?

I have been CC'ing my Taurus 709 almost exclusively. It's a cheap leather IWB holster that I found on eBay; I'll post a picture after class. Though it was said to have been "custom made" to fit my gun, it certainly does not fit in the holster 100%. It's never come close to falling out though, so I'm kind of baffled at how it happened. Definitely going to be trying out my pocket holster a little more often now.

40cal8040F

My first week of OC

Hello everyone. I have been reading this thread for a while but this is my first week ocing. Tuesday I went to Price Chopper in Lee's Summit with my 13 year old daughter. I have to tell you I definitely felt the stares. I felt like all eyes were on me but maybe it was all just me since it was my first time out carrying. But we spent about 45 minutes getting our groceries and as we were leaving 3 leo's were on the way in. Not one person said a word the whole time we were there. After that we stopped at Quick Trip up the road I paid for gas, pumped it with no problems at all. Thursday we went to Aldi in Lee's Summit and the store was packed and so was I. I got lots of looks like the first day but I wasn't nervous like I was then. One employee made a special trip to the back of the store and took a good look at my weapon. We were
There for about an hour and no one said a word to me about carrying. I will be carrying everywhere it is legal to from now on and if I am given any trouble about it I will take my business elsewhere. I do most of my business in Lee's Summt and Independence so I hope to run into some other OCers sometime.

Last edited:

HighFlyingA380

Hello everyone. I have been reading this thread for a while but this is my first week ocing. Tuesday I went to Price Chopper in Lee's Summit with my 13 year old daughter. I have to tell you I definitely felt the stares. I felt like all eyes were on me but maybe it was all just me since it was my first time out carrying. But we spent about 45 minutes getting our groceries and as we were leaving 3 leo's were on the way in. Not one person said a word the whole time we were there. After that we stopped at Quick Trip up the road I paid for gas, pumped it with no problems at all. Thursday we went to Aldi in Lee's Summit and the store was packed and so was I. I got lots of looks like the first day but I wasn't nervous like I was then. One employee made a special trip to the back of the store and took a good look at my weapon. We were
There for about an hour and no one said a word to me about carrying. I will be carrying everywhere it is legal to from now on and if I am given any trouble about it I will take my business elsewhere. I do most of my business in Lee's Summt and Independence so I hope to run into some other OCers sometime.
I know just how you feel. I'm on about 4 months OCing now, and I'm now just getting really comfortable about it. Once in a while I notice people looking, but I just don't think much about it anymore.

Will you be joining us for our next meetup? http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?101947-May-KC-Side-Meet

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

You are under the wrong impression, St Peters in fact requires a CCW to OC as does O Fallon and Lake St Louis USED to but it seems they may have changed their minds as it is no longer a listed ordinance.

The problem is exactly what you are asking, no one knows for sure, it is up to local governing bodies and it can and does change monthly.

40cal8040F

Mike OC Kimber

OC in Belton/Raymore

I've currently been carrying my Kimber as my OC weapon and I conceal my S&W Bodyguard 380 when I go places with my wife. She is still nervous about me being public about it. :eek: She is coming around though. I have been a CCW holder for less than a month and just found this site.

Hope to meet up with some fellow 2nd amendment advocates soon. :banana:

HighFlyingA380

I've currently been carrying my Kimber as my OC weapon and I conceal my S&W Bodyguard 380 when I go places with my wife. She is still nervous about me being public about it. :eek: She is coming around though. I have been a CCW holder for less than a month and just found this site.

Hope to meet up with some fellow 2nd amendment advocates soon. :banana:
It's good to see that more people are OCing! We're having our next monthly meeting in a couple of weeks; hope you can make it! http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?102025-Warrensburg-Missouri-meet

Mike OC Kimber