• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Did You Carry Today And How Did It Go

xdmcompact

Stopped in the Eureka Walmart for a few things on my way to the Pacific OC dinner. A gentleman in walmart said he thought it was illegal to open carry in walmart. I explained that walmart follows state law and Missouri is an OC state. I went on to explain about the CCW preemption and that OC was not preempted, and that municipalities can and do ban OC. I also invited him to the OC Dinner but he politely declined. Left walmart and headed to Deangelo's pizza in Pacific for dinner with a final count of 7 OCer's.

HighFlyingA380

Stopped in the Eureka Walmart for a few things on my way to the Pacific OC dinner. A gentleman in walmart said he thought it was illegal to open carry in walmart. I explained that walmart follows state law and Missouri is an OC state. I went on to explain about the CCW preemption and that OC was not preempted, and that municipalities can and do ban OC. I also invited him to the OC Dinner but he politely declined. Left walmart and headed to Deangelo's pizza in Pacific for dinner with a final count of 7 OCer's.
Pretty funny the difference in people's opinions/knowledge on the laws. I bought an AR15 from a guy a while back and we met in that Walmart's parking lot. I was OCing my pistol too. A guy collecting carts came over to chat, and also called a manager out to take a look. They were into guns and we hung out and shot the sh!t for a while. The manager didn't mind one bit.

Griz

Pretty funny the difference in people's opinions/knowledge on the laws. I bought an AR15 from a guy a while back and we met in that Walmart's parking lot. I was OCing my pistol too. A guy collecting carts came over to chat, and also called a manager out to take a look. They were into guns and we hung out and shot the sh!t for a while. The manager didn't mind one bit.

Pretty nice! I imagine the private business conducted in Walmart parking lots is only exceeded by commuter lots.

Open carried at Mobil in Bridgeton. But it was dark, the store wan't open (pumps still operate, tho), and i don't think anybody saw me. Does it count? Feel kinda like the tree in the woods, thing.

mspgunner

Pretty nice! I imagine the private business conducted in Walmart parking lots is only exceeded by commuter lots.

Open carried at Mobil in Bridgeton. But it was dark, the store wan't open (pumps still operate, tho), and i don't think anybody saw me. Does it count? Feel kinda like the tree in the woods, thing.

Bridgeton has long been OC friendly, we held a 911 anniversary bar-b-q in a Bridgeton City Park.
Been told the police chief is pro-2A and OC.

Oramac

Definitely still counts.

I regularly OC when I get gas, which is about twice a week (damn 60 mile per day commute!). Typically nobody notices since I just stand by my car and pump gas, but once in a while I have to go inside. It's almost always at Quik Trip in LSL or Ofallon, and there's usually cops in there too. Nobody has said anything yet either.

mspgunner

Definitely still counts.

I regularly OC when I get gas, which is about twice a week (damn 60 mile per day commute!). Typically nobody notices since I just stand by my car and pump gas, but once in a while I have to go inside. It's almost always at Quik Trip in LSL or Ofallon, and there's usually cops in there too. Nobody has said anything yet either.

The LEOs there know the law, you should have no problems, just like it should be every where.

Boba Fett

I now have a CCW so right now I'm CCing about 60% of the time, since the only times I go into town are for school or church. I prefer CC at church, and not having to take off my holster when I get to school is easier. I still OC whenever my schedule looks good, although I hardly leave my house, maybe 3 times a week.

I have been OCing every time I've gone over to my latest favorite restaurant, Rolls n' Bowls, on the SW side of Springfield. First time the workers were super nice and the food was awesome. The second time I went by there was a different server/cashier and when she was showing me to my table she jokingly said "He's got a gun!". haha I laughed a little and smiled. She never said anything else about it though. A lady I asume was the owner was there "supervising" both times when I paid at the counter, and she was nice and smiled too. I think the place is really OC friendly, and I wouldn't mind having a meet-up there sometime. Food was awesome and from the looks of things they need more business (I was there 11:30-12:30 both times and there were only two other customer the whole time).

I have been regularly OCing at my barbershop, and the new staff seem friendly enough, although OC hasn't come up in our conversation since the last time we discussed it (see my last post).

Another plus to having a CCW now is that I can OC in Fair Grove. Makes things much easier for me!!!!! I've been to my gas station twice, but happened to be CCing both times.

Carry on brothers and sisters.

mspgunner

OK is going very well with thenew OC law

Great reads on the OK site, they just went OC legal Nov. 1st and their posts are great! I'll head down there is a couple of weeks just for feeling of freedom! I'll post my visit on their forum and meet soem folks who are enjoying their new found freedom. Still Bambi hunting.... Hunter two, bambi one (Too fast for this old guy!)

WCEarp

Went to Quick Trip in Oak Grove to get some coffee and the Thanksgiving newspaper for the wife. I think there were more employees there than customers. Uneventful, as it should be.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

crazycamoguy

I live in pleasant hill, mo. I Oc'd all day today while i was out running errands with no problems. Got gas at a local gas station, went in to price chopper, then on to lees summit where i was in Bed bath and beyond (christmas shopping), then on to wal mart in harrisonville, all with no problems. Im new to the site, but been around guns all my life, hunting, etc.. I plan to OC as much as possible.

Richieg150

Was out wed night buying a firearm at bass pro in indep.,lots of lookers and question about open carrying, handed out 12 or so cards. Went back to bass pro friday morning to return my previously bought firearm after taking it out of the box to clean it and noticed in had been shot....ALOT. It was supposed to be new, but wasnt. They exchanged it with no questions or problems. I had several lookers, the store was packed out, and was able to pass out a couple more cards.I was surprised to hear one of the counter guys chime in as I was talking to another customer that he knew open carry was legal, the customer I was talking to said his CCW instructor told him that open carry was a nono, against the law, ect... I politely informed him that that instructor was incorrect, and gave him a card, told him to check out the site.

WCEarp

Richieg, apparently I missed you by a few hours. I was there looking for my first holster, to the shagrin of my boys. I just can't get out of that place in under two hours. :rolleyes:

It would have been nice to see a person OCing. There was a KCPD officer there that was looking at gear. Don't think that counts though.

mspgunner

Was out wed night buying a firearm at bass pro in indep.,lots of lookers and question about open carrying, handed out 12 or so cards. Went back to bass pro friday morning to return my previously bought firearm after taking it out of the box to clean it and noticed in had been shot....ALOT. It was supposed to be new, but wasnt. They exchanged it with no questions or problems. I had several lookers, the store was packed out, and was able to pass out a couple more cards.I was surprised to hear one of the counter guys chime in as I was talking to another customer that he knew open carry was legal, the customer I was talking to said his CCW instructor told him that open carry was a nono, against the law, ect... I politely informed him that that instructor was incorrect, and gave him a card, told him to check out the site.

I missed something... What "cards" were you passing out?
I will PM you, please catch it and answer.

mspgunner

I'm assuming he's talking about these, which we pretty much all have over here (sorry about the poor quality, I'm away from my scanner, so I just took a picture): View attachment 9595

That is what I was talking about. I have the name and phone # of the printer and will call them Monday.
The Flag is also being actively sought. (OC Flag)

Directions to Ria’s from the Capitol in Jefferson City:
From the Capitol take a right on Hwy 50. Go about 2 miles till you get to the 179 exit. Take the ramp, then head left under the highway. Keep going until the stop light at Edgewood (about a mile or less), then turn right on Edgewood. Go about a mile (actually I recall it was a bit further) and it is on the right. Can’t miss it!

Last edited: