• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free doughnuts anyone?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Wow is all I have to say about this thread...

1. I'm typically pro-cop as long as they are not like the one in Ohio that is a proctologists dream. But seriously the whole doughnut thing is way too cheesy for doing a remembrance event.

2. Speaking of Cheese; was the call that involved a cheese argument including "government cheese" and if so did someone call the feds? Just saying.....

3. I would submit the worst part about being a cop is wearing the vest all day especially when it is hot outside. Hot, wet, and stinky after a shift...yuck

4. I submit that a well informed LEO that is polite and non-intrusive is welcome. Unfortunately there have been a lot of bad apples lately around the USA and if we would see more reaction to these apples from the agency, union, and their boss's then maybe the public would buy more doughnuts.

1. I liked the making light of ones profession with the old donut shop correlation to officers, are we really to serious to find humor in things we do?

3. The worse part of being a cop is wearing a vest? Really, it wouldn't be seeing a someone killed as a child in a car accident? A rape victim after being brutally beaten? I can think of a lot things worse then minimizing the hardest thing in their job is to wear a vest.

4. Out of how many officers in the U.S. and how many reports of unlawful acts conducted by the bad ones, and if you want to add a small percentage for those who have not been caught, it still is heavily favored to the good I suspect.

amzbrady

1. I liked the making light of ones profession with the old donut shop correlation to officers, are we really to serious to find humor in things we do?

3. The worse part of being a cop is wearing a vest? Really, it wouldn't be seeing a someone killed as a child in a car accident? A rape victim after being brutally beaten? I can think of a lot things worse then minimizing the hardest thing in their job is to wear a vest.

4. Out of how many officers in the U.S. and how many reports of unlawful acts conducted by the bad ones, and if you want to add a small percentage for those who have not been caught, it still is heavily favored to the good I suspect.

Yeah really, View attachment 6654

Dave_pro2a

People who see those same sort of things:

Witnesses
Medics
Nurses
Doctors
Family members
Friends
Counselors
Attorneys
Taxi drivers
Bus drivers
Soldiers
PUD workers
Even prisoners see beaten rape victims
Et cetera.

Seeing such events doesn't mean the job imbues one with specialness.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
People who see those same sort of things:

Witnesses
Medics
Nurses
Doctors
Family members
Friends
Counselors
Attorneys
Taxi drivers
Bus drivers
Soldiers
PUD workers
Even prisoners see beaten rape victims
Et cetera.

Seeing such events doesn't mean the job imbues one with specialness.

Since we were talking about police officers, well I was keeping it on topic but Dave_pro2a it is clear you just want a P*ss*ng match.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Yep, that's right, "BigDave." Kinda sad in a way that you'll never know what it's like to be be part of something that's bigger than one person, part of something that stands for something, part of something where you can count on those you work alongside, share a camaraderie that few will ever know, and come home from work every day knowing that you've made a difference, helped people and served your community.

:rolleyes: give me a break. Putting yourself up on a pedestal I see. Many enjoy those same feelings they are called street gangs. You are nothing more than a public employee and need to remember that. You are lower on the totem pole than the Pimply faced kid who barely speaks English taking an order at a fast food chain. I don't mean to be harsh but really get tired of this self importance some police give themselves, maybe you have to though to justify all the unconstitutional liberty stomping things you do. No offense meant but when you choose to work for tax payer dollars you choose to be the "servant". And when you choose to be a cop, you choose to be part of an unjust system.

Again I'm gonna have to defer to Dave on this one... if society and government broke down, and there no long WAS any law enforcement, the citizens WOULD learn to behave and protect their own. It'd be an ugly few years getting to that point, but we've been there before (ie the "old west), we could figure it out again. If there's some Katrina-esqe disaster out here, it's not my neighbors I'm worried about, I know I can keep them at bay... it's the police that concern me.

The lawless Wild West was actually less violent and safer before, public governments and law enforcement entered the picture. Another interesting point is many cities that have higher LEO per capita have higher crime rates? One reason is that the community feels responsible and tend to police their own quicker and better, instead of shrugging it off and passing the buck to some public employees.

I didn't quote another point you made but even without police and prosecutors our system allows us to take those who have committed crimes to court ourselves, and for the first hundred years or so most of U.S. did just that. So they really are not needed much for that. All that really is "needed" is a Sheriff or a magistrate. We could even create a public constable position again that is elected and directly answerable to the people, with no political ties to mayor or large police unions or to a police force and their "camaraderie".

A free society shouldn't have a multitude of laws that 'need' to be enforced. If we take this seriously we could drastically reduce the amount of police involvement in our lives and wouldn't have cops feeling so indignant every time someone mentions how not needed they are, because the few we would have would be performing a very valuable service.

jsanchez

I went.

I went to the event open carrying. I got there about 830am. The media was just setting up. I stood in line for about 5 minutes. I don't like maple or chocolate bars, that were free, so I bought a glazed donut, and put some money in the fundraiser jar. Talked to a few people in line and while I was eating my donut and then I left. They seem to have a good turnout.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I went to the event open carrying. I got there about 830am. The media was just setting up. I stood in line for about 5 minutes. I don't like maple or chocolate bars, that were free, so I bought a glazed donut, and put some money in the fundraiser jar. Talked to a few people in line and while I was eating my donut and then I left. They seem to have a good turnout.

This thread has gone completely off- topic. How dare you try to revive it?!?!?

J/K- Thanks for sharing. Glad you didn't run into any issues. How was the overall turn out when you were there?

BigRed

I can only imagine it must be as difficult as it apparently is for you to use halfway decent spelling and grammar.

You can keep believing in the benevolence and protectiveness of the almighty State, if you please. Similarly, hundreds of thousands of children this year will continue believing in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. You sir, are in good company.

/thread

ooohhh, that hurts. i could give a crap less about UR opinion TROLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

CEM

I've been watching this thread for a bit and I don't want to get into the whole debate but need to say a few things.

1st: I don't see how donuts and a fundraiser have to do with open carry and the 2nd amendment. Isn't that the focus of why we are on here? (And their donuts are not all that special.)

Second: to SVG (just in regards to your statement on some feeling more important), I agree that just because someone is an officer/LE they are not more important (any hard working moral person is important). An example for myself has to do with having a CPL. By law I don't have to have one due to my job but I don't feel that's right. I always keep my CPL current and follow the law just like anybody else (only exceptions have to do if I am on duty). I want to put out there that as a public servant they aren't less important either. I work for the state and I work damn hard. I put in my 40 hrs a week (and then some without overtime. Were supposed to get OT but if you put it in you get in trouble, so I work for no OT pay. I'd rather finish a job then let it lapse just because of OT pay. And I know that isn't all but it is some) and I am very grateful to be able to work for the people of this state. I hear a lot about how all state employees are lazy, we should be grateful to tax payers, we get paid to much, ect. Yes, some state employees are lazy. Yes, the unions are apart of the problem (I believe in the old concept of a union in protecting workers and having an advocate. I think they have been so twisted they don't serve that purpose anymore). Tax payers are important, they ARE the state of WA. Is there waste in government, OH YES!! (I would yell that from the rooftops. A huge part is all the management, we have to many! All the higher ups network with each other and make up new jobs for themselves that really aren't needed. They do nothing and earn insane pay. I could go on and on about that but thats another thread). And (i hope this doesn't sound pompous) I am happy/grateful to have a part in protecting the people of this state (and i say A PART as i concur that all should have a role in protecting themselves. However I am glad to help those who can't protect themselves, don't know how, ect. I've read a few comments from others that if someone doesn't protect themselves then why should others. I'm going to just politely disagree on that and some other topics that have come up). I have lived here all my life and I am blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the county, over all people r very friendly here.

I want to stop this post before it gets to long so I am going to keep my first reason listed above at the forefront of my mind and my actions.

OrangeIsTrouble

<br><br>Man, a little friendly advice... when your post is composed like an uneducated teenager on a cell phone, it kinda takes any validity away from your point... 

whoa whoa whoa, you watch it there. :p

I'm saddened that only one person (according to this thread) came out for free donuts. Old fat white dudes with guns should know better than to pass up free donuts and argue on the webz. wtf guys.