• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Denver law...

GAMER80116

Hi there everyone! It has been a long time since I posted anything on this forum, but it is good to be back! Anywho, I open carry fairly often- except of course in wonderful Denver. My question is that I just learned about the high-capacity magazine law in Denver (no more than 20 rounds I think it was), and I just wanted to see if that applies to concealed carry (probably) and car carry. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

M-Taliesin

Hi there everyone! It has been a long time since I posted anything on this forum, but it is good to be back! Anywho, I open carry fairly often- except of course in wonderful Denver. My question is that I just learned about the high-capacity magazine law in Denver (no more than 20 rounds I think it was), and I just wanted to see if that applies to concealed carry (probably) and car carry. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Howdy Amigo!
I do not know about any such law, and would think it to be a problem when people from another jurisdiction might travel into or through city and county of Denver. As such, I would think the state's compelling interest would be superior. Then again, I thought the same thing as pertains to open carry under state preemption until the Meyer decidion, so what do I know! LOL!

The pistol I favor carrries one in the tube and 16 in the mag. I figure that'll either be enough to do the job or I likely won't need more because I've failed to survive anyhow. Then again, I do plan to have a magazine carrier made for me, so that's in my future too!

Hopefully there will be somebody along to answer your specific question, but until then, I'd just avoid Denver. Oh, wait... I already do that.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mahkagari

I believe it applies to Denver residents. I.e. you can't own and have a hi-cap magazine in the city. If you're not a resident, you have right of passage.

Gunslinger

I believe it applies to Denver residents. I.e. you can't own and have a hi-cap magazine in the city. If you're not a resident, you have right of passage.

That is part of the PDR's BS "assault rifle" ban. Purely legal to carry through Denver for non-residents--unloaded as all long guns need to be, and with a CCW full state preemption for any handgun regardless of its capacity. The subjects in Denver don't have the same rights as the rest of us do.

JamesB

That is part of the PDR's BS "assault rifle" ban. Purely legal to carry through Denver for non-residents--unloaded as all long guns need to be, and with a CCW full state preemption for any handgun regardless of its capacity. The subjects in Denver don't have the same rights as the rest of us do.

I will second this translation of Denver law. This is your answer.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Yet another outstanding reason not to have anything to do with the PDR of Denver.

I'm fine with my 16+1. Besides, I usually have another 3 mags on hand... :)