• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meet in Ogden 11/13

ThatOneChick

OC meet in Ogden 11/12

This is my first time trying to set up any meets or anything so, if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Recently, the owner of the Golden Corral @ 988 Washington Blvd (Just north of 12th street) has informed one of the managers, who then informed my fiance, that my weapon didn't fall under his version of "family values".

I would like to set up an OC meet at this GC and hope to change the opinion of the owner, and anyone else who has concerns, for the better.

The date I've picked would be 6pm on November 12th (Saturday) -- one year anniversary of Aung San Suu Kyi's latest release from house arrest. I hope that's enough notice to anyone far away to make it.

A large turnout would be fantastic as I, in my personal experience, haven't seen a whole lot of OC in my area. Please let me know if you would be attending. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

ThatOneChick

Odd reason to choose a date. ;)

Awe, why is it odd? I think it's good to celebrate people who fight oppression. :)

While I personally have no objections to dinner on a Sunday, many others will, including my wife. :(

I'm not sure what the consensus would be for a different date. If you, or anyone else, has a better idea on what a good day for a meet would be, I'm all ears. Like I said, this is my first time trying to set up anything--totally new territory for this whole social butterfly crap. :p

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
Awe, why is it odd? I think it's good to celebrate people who fight oppression. :)

I'm not sure what the consensus would be for a different date. If you, or anyone else, has a better idea on what a good day for a meet would be, I'm all ears. Like I said, this is my first time trying to set up anything--totally new territory for this whole social butterfly crap. :p

I agree it is a good reason to celebrate, but if you want others to share the celebration with you, the night before may work better. :D

HOVERER, you do realize that being a "social butterfly" means that you are now obligated to let others take photos of you in public, and post them on social media sites, right? ;)

ThatOneChick

I agree it is a good reason to celebrate, but if you want others to share the celebration with you, the night before may work better. :D
Solid copy. Moving the date to Saturday, November 12th. Thank you for the suggestion. I never can figure out when people like to hang out.

HOVERER, you do realize that being a "social butterfly" means that you are now obligated to let others take photos of you in public, and post them on social media sites, right? ;)
:eek: I hate you sometimes.

cdrhoad

I like it. Have you informed the Owner that there is a crowd of 50 to 60 plus that would like to have a "family friendly" meet-up at their resturant that night? That may help his opinion on OC.

ThatOneChick

I like it. Have you informed the Owner that there is a crowd of 50 to 60 plus that would like to have a "family friendly" meet-up at their resturant that night? That may help his opinion on OC.
Not yet, no. With not having a head count and still having 2 months before the planned date, I don't want to burn bridges so early.

jpm84092

Members of the "predominant faith" in Utah are somewhat reticent to visit businesses that are open on the "Sabbath". And some members are deeply committed to family matters on the Saturday before. You may wish to consider a luncheon (noon-ish) gathering for this Open Carry Event. This may be the best chance for the best attendance.

steelhawk

The wife and I would be interested, although I can't commit without looking at her calendar. She is much more organized than I am.

I've eaten there before 3 or 4 times. My "family values" handgun was concealed, though so the owner couldn't see the evil gun.

However, if he is going to be "anti-gun", the large group I go with twice a year might eat somewhere else.

Last edited:

goosemama

Golden Corral in Ogden 11/13

You know, my husband and I have been in there many times (far too many it seems) and they have never said a single word to me about my weapon. Very Interesting. Right2Carry and I have it on the calendar. Can Gladys come? I promise she won't hog all the steak this time.

ThatOneChick

Thanks for the sticky! =) I got scared for a second because I couldn't find the post. I was all, oh noes! They deleted it because I haven't been around! Sorry about that, life kinda got in the way.

Steelhawk: Would be great if you and your wife could make it! If not, then we'll just have to have fun without you. ;)

Goosemama: I've been back to GC many, many times since the incident, of course still OCing. No signs, no managers yelling at me, nothing. Oddly enough, the manager that spoke to my fiance about my weapon made a joke about it the other day so, maybe they've changed their minds?

Saw a gentleman OCing at the GC. (If you guys are here, my fiance is the silly boy who thought it was a flashlight. Yep, he still needs learnin'.)

Regardless if they're alright with OC or not, still holding the OC meet since, *Excited squeal*, this is my first time setting anything up so, I'm all proud of myself. =)

Thank you everyone for the support and patience with me.

ThatOneChick

Just got home from the meet. Thank you everyone who came out and I really appreciate you guys being patient and understanding of my lack of social butterfly-ism lol. Really great crowd and it was so nice talking with all of you. I hope you guys got home safely and to those that couldn't make it, you sure missed a great time! ;)