Thread: VGOF is giving away an AR-15!

VGOF is giving away an AR-15!

Virginia Gun Owners Forum (VGOF) is giving away an AR-15 custom built by Sterling Arsenal. The rifle will be given away to the person who posts the 100,000th forum post (pending eligibility to pass background check, etc).

For more information: http://vagunforum.net/announcements/...gof-t9770.html
    Last edited by VGOF; 08-18-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Cool

What?. You bunch of gun-toting wingnuts are giving away a scary black rifle????.

Very cool!.

Speaking of gun toting nuts...I thought this thread would start up a little more discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by VGOF View Post
    Speaking of gun toting nuts...I thought this thread would start up a little more discussion!
    Perhaps folks realize the daunting task of reaching 100,000 posts?

To put it in perspective... Grapeshot has been a member here since 2006 and he has 'only' about 14,500 posts. In other words.. maybe folks don't see the likeliood of winning an AR any time soon?

I discussed, but on the VGOF forum.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Current Post Count is: 93763 (6237 to go)

We're averaging over 150 posts per day, so we'll hit 100k in 40 days or less. The person who posts the 100,000th is the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Perhaps folks realize the daunting task of reaching 100,000 posts?

To put it in perspective... Grapeshot has been a member here since 2006 and he has 'only' about 14,500 posts. In other words.. maybe folks don't see the likeliood of winning an AR any time soon?
    Actually, they are at 90.737 posts... I don't think they meant individual posts... I think they meant the 100,000 post on the forum. Could be wrong, but will find out in about 9,263 more posts.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Current Post Count is: 93763 (6237 to go)

We're averaging over 150 posts per day, so we'll hit 100k in 40 days or less. The person who posts the 100,000th is the winner.
    In the time it took me to post that the numbers changed. I'll bet it will be more like this weekend that they will have a winner.

AHH!! I got it. I misunderstood the way it was being handled. Thanks for the clairification.

Sounds like someone is going to get a nice AR! Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    In the time it took me to post that the numbers changed. I'll bet it will be more like this weekend that they will have a winner.
    It is now at 93768 (6232 to go).

Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    It is now at 93768 (6232 to go).

Statistics

Total posts 92636

I am confused....
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Statistics

Total posts 92636

I am confused....
    Me too, Current Post Count is: 93787 (6213 to go).

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Statistics

Total posts 92636

I am confused....
    If you go to the front main page, there are two numbers reported. One at the top, which is a little higher, and one at the bottom.

I suspect one counts posts that had to be deleted for whatever reason, and the other does not. Just a guess.

TFred

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    If you go to the front main page, there are two numbers reported. One at the top, which is a little higher, and one at the bottom.

I suspect one counts posts that had to be deleted for whatever reason, and the other does not. Just a guess.

TFred
    TFred - you're good at this game!

So, the smaller count is the count of actual posts that are currently in the database. The larger count (the one we're going by for the contest) is the index value which increments by one for each and every post that's ever been saved - including the spam posts and such that have been deleted.