• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VGOF is giving away an AR-15!

VGOF

Speaking of gun toting nuts...I thought this thread would start up a little more discussion! :banana:

Blk97F150

Speaking of gun toting nuts...I thought this thread would start up a little more discussion! :banana:

Perhaps folks realize the daunting task of reaching 100,000 posts?

To put it in perspective... Grapeshot has been a member here since 2006 and he has 'only' about 14,500 posts. :eek: In other words.. maybe folks don't see the likeliood of winning an AR any time soon?

VGOF

Current Post Count is: 93763 (6237 to go)

We're averaging over 150 posts per day, so we'll hit 100k in 40 days or less. The person who posts the 100,000th is the winner.

nuc65

Activist Member
Perhaps folks realize the daunting task of reaching 100,000 posts?

To put it in perspective... Grapeshot has been a member here since 2006 and he has 'only' about 14,500 posts. :eek: In other words.. maybe folks don't see the likeliood of winning an AR any time soon?

Actually, they are at 90.737 posts... I don't think they meant individual posts... I think they meant the 100,000 post on the forum. Could be wrong, but will find out in about 9,263 more posts.

nuc65

Activist Member
Current Post Count is: 93763 (6237 to go)

We're averaging over 150 posts per day, so we'll hit 100k in 40 days or less. The person who posts the 100,000th is the winner.

In the time it took me to post that the numbers changed. I'll bet it will be more like this weekend that they will have a winner.

Blk97F150

AHH!! I got it. I misunderstood the way it was being handled. :banghead: Thanks for the clairification.

Sounds like someone is going to get a nice AR! Very cool! :cool:

VGOF

If you go to the front main page, there are two numbers reported. One at the top, which is a little higher, and one at the bottom.

I suspect one counts posts that had to be deleted for whatever reason, and the other does not. Just a guess.

TFred

TFred - you're good at this game! :)

So, the smaller count is the count of actual posts that are currently in the database. The larger count (the one we're going by for the contest) is the index value which increments by one for each and every post that's ever been saved - including the spam posts and such that have been deleted.