Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Pacific Guns in Pacific,MO - BAN for OC listings

  1. #1
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966

    Pacific Guns in Pacific,MO - BAN for OC listings

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by mspgunner; 12-02-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: fixed
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Robertsville
    Posts
    112
    I will say, I have had the same conversation with nick and the other older gentleman at the store and got the impression that they was perfectly good with oc. I will be curious to see if they respond somehow... Its a shame I liked that store close to home friendly staff..

  3. #3
    Regular Member Tony4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florissant, MO
    Posts
    474
    Always remember this. Just because someone runs a gun store doesn't mean they 100% support right to carry. To some of them it's about nothing more than money. If I could, I would open a gun store,but I don't have the cash. I have my idea all ready,just no money to do it.

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Lets not confuse issues here.

    Support is limiting the governments ability to regulate the choice.

    Someone not making the same choice or speaking against the choice does not mean they do not support it as being a choice.

    The owner of Chevy's is not pro oc or pro ccw he chooses not to even own a gun, he however is for the RIGHT and thinks it is an individual CHOICE that should not be restricted.

    Anyone can think it is stupid and not for them as long as they are not against others having the choice, I am good with it, they can even try and talk me out of it as long as they are not for limiting my right, I respect their right to a different opinion, I am in fact only asking for equal respect for my own.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  5. #5
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    This is the response from Pacific Guns:
    Draw your own conclusions;
    Pacific Guns, Inc.
    Hey (My real name deleted). Nick here. I would like to comment. I remember this conversation very well...apparently better than your friend. Normally my daughter Krista answers our Facebook questions, but I thought I'd take this one...

    The subject of open ...carry came up in the shop, and I commented on how it was not for me. I also made mention of a "group of people" in the area who are advocates of OC and how they get with local businesses and city leaders to have open carry "get togethers" to support the cause. Marc, I think you know me well enough to know that I will support ANY 2nd Amendment advocacy group that is within the law and working toward better understanding of our cause.

    Just so we are clear here...I never meant to disparage your good name (and I say "your good name" because you were specifically one of the people I was referring to during this conversation without mentioning names). To the best of my recollection, I never commented on anyone in a negative light.

    A couple of things:
    Your friend started off with "very disappointed with the place..."
    Then he followed it up with "on top of that, one of the gentlemen there blah, blah, blah...".
    It sounds to me like your friend had an issue with my shop before we even got in to the whole OC discussion. C'mon...what's not to like about our shop. It's clean, wholesome, we have lots of inventory, and according to a whole lot of people who spend a whole lot money there...we have some stellar pricing. I would like to know what your friend could have been so disappointed in right from the start. Does he know we've only been doing this for about 5 months?

    (My Name), I'm hurt you didn't contact me directly with this rather than posting it on our page like this. Well, I guess I'm not really that hurt, I mean, it gives me a chance to go on and on and on with my opinionated diatribe......hey wait.....I can do that, because this is MY Facebook page.

    ...and another thing, I certainly hope your friend isn't "disappointed" with MY shop because I had the audacity to voice MY opinion in MY shop. Did I mention that this is MY shop? Your friend sounds like a closet Liberal who doesn't want to hear any differing opinions from anyone, and who gets all "wrapped" over it when someone disagrees with him/her. I don't remember trying to "force feed" my opinion to anyone. We were just having some polite conversation...and if your friend would have spoken up, I would have gladly debated the issue with him.

    (my name), I hope this make you feel at ease regarding mine and Pacific Guns' opinion on the topic of open carry.

    P.S. Tell your friend "Thanks" for the one compliment anyway. I'll be 50 in a few months...and I look darn good for my age. Apparently.

    Nick...out. See More
    about an hour ago • LikeUnlike
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  6. #6
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    P.S. Tell your friend "Thanks" for the one compliment anyway. I'll be 50 in a few months...and I look darn good for my age. Apparently.
    Now that's funny.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Tony4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florissant, MO
    Posts
    474
    What is it with people reading into my comments too much ? You can feel how you want about OC. Heck you can be against OC, but still support what the constitution says is a right even if you don't agree with it. I still stand by my opinion about some gun stores being against OC because of money.

    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Lets not confuse issues here.

    Support is limiting the governments ability to regulate the choice.

    Someone not making the same choice or speaking against the choice does not mean they do not support it as being a choice.

    The owner of Chevy's is not pro oc or pro ccw he chooses not to even own a gun, he however is for the RIGHT and thinks it is an individual CHOICE that should not be restricted.

    Anyone can think it is stupid and not for them as long as they are not against others having the choice, I am good with it, they can even try and talk me out of it as long as they are not for limiting my right, I respect their right to a different opinion, I am in fact only asking for equal respect for my own.
    Last edited by Tony4310; 08-14-2011 at 11:07 PM.

  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,924
    Actually, I was not commenting on your thoughts at all. Typing with one hand and that post was in response to gunner in somewhat agreement with repomaster, you just got yours done before I got mine done.

    :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    What is it with people reading into my comments too much ? You can feel how you want about OC. Heck you can be against OC, but still support what the constitution says is a right even if you don't agree with it. I still stand by my opinion about some gun stores being against OC because of money.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

  9. #9
    Regular Member cshoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , Missouri, USA
    Posts
    687
    The times I've been into Pacific Guns, I've always been impressed with the shop, the customer service, and definitely the prices. And IMO, that is saying a LOT. The vast majority of gunshops I've been in over the years, which is quite a few, are inherently poorly run. Such is NOT the case with Pacific Guns.

    I'm not sure what happened in this particular situation, but based on my previous experiences with Nick, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

  10. #10
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
    The times I've been into Pacific Guns, I've always been impressed with the shop, the customer service, and definitely the prices. And IMO, that is saying a LOT. The vast majority of gunshops I've been in over the years, which is quite a few, are inherently poorly run. Such is NOT the case with Pacific Guns.

    I'm not sure what happened in this particular situation, but based on my previous experiences with Nick, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.
    I've known Nick a long time, bought stuff from Pacific Guns, I am starting to wonder about the accuaracy of the "quote" I posted from another person.

    CONFUSED.... AT BEST
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    613
    Make sure to communicate with Nick regarding clearing of the air on this topic. He sounds all right to me and he sounds like he has support from people who know him well. OC needs all the friends it can get
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

    "The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific
    Posts
    2

    Angry pacific guns

    I have known Nick for a while and have bought most of my guns from there for a long time before he even bought the gun shop and i havent been to happy doing business there either and the local gun show was last weekend and alot of people were complaining that he had his 1911 out in the open in his holster not concealed with the hammer cocked back being irresponsable and made alot of people nervous there that has there oc but no disrespect to him he is a real nice guy but i have been thinking about taking my business somewhere else maybe to stoneledge in washington, mo
    Last edited by TIM 89; 12-25-2011 at 02:26 PM.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by TIM 89 View Post
    I have known Nick for a while and have bought most of my guns from there for a long time before he even bought the gun shop and i havent been to happy doing business there either and the local gun show was last weekend and alot of people were complaining that he had his 1911 out in the open in his holster not concealed with the hammer cocked back being irresponsable and made alot of people nervous there that has there oc but no disrespect to him he is a real nice guy but i have been thinking about taking my business somewhere else maybe to stoneledge in washington, mo
    Interesting first post. I had to read it three times to realize just how full of crap it is.

    If you throw some punctuation in the next one, I'll happily debate the issue of OC in general and specifically 1911s with you. I've no dog in this fight anyway.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Interesting first post. I had to read it three times to realize just how full of crap it is.

    If you throw some punctuation in the next one, I'll happily debate the issue of OC in general and specifically 1911s with you. I've no dog in this fight anyway.
    i kno 1911 too and even tho it has the thumb saftey for the hammer in the cocked position smart ass it doesnt mean its safe

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo., ,
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by TIM 89 View Post
    i kno 1911 too and even tho it has the thumb saftey for the hammer in the cocked position smart ass it doesnt mean its safe
    How is it "safe" for "you" then ? What would make "you" happy with him carrying it in what manner ?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo., ,
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by TIM 89 View Post
    I have known Nick for a while and have bought most of my guns from there for a long time before he even bought the gun shop and i havent been to happy doing business there either and the local gun show was last weekend and alot of people were complaining that he had his 1911 out in the open in his holster not concealed with the hammer cocked back being irresponsable and made alot of people nervous there that has there oc but no disrespect to him he is a real nice guy but i have been thinking about taking my business somewhere else maybe to stoneledge in washington, mo
    Bottom right on the keyboard. There's a . and a , in that location, and maybe that would make something I cared to read. I'm not even gonna try again, I got a headache the first 2 times.....

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by TIM 89 View Post
    i kno 1911 too ...
    fail
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  18. #18
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by TIM 89 View Post
    i kno 1911 too and even tho it has the thumb saftey for the hammer in the cocked position smart ass it doesnt mean its safe
    HUmmm... My Sig Sauer is "cocked" with one in the chamber. Thumb safety on. If I put the hammer down, it is then NOT SAFE and will not fire with the safety off.
    Pull, release safety, fire!
    As far as Nick goes, I've bought a firearm and accessories there on a number of occassions.
    He might be a bit of a push for sales, but that's the way it is.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    south central MO, USA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    How is it "safe" for "you" then ? What would make "you" happy with him carrying it in what manner ?
    Somehow, I think the response your going to get is going to either be in a condition 2, condition 3, or not at all. Which, I guess is an opinion that is well within his right to have.

    But if you even get a response, more than likely it will confirm my opinion than he KNOS just enough about the 1911 platform to be a complete idiot about in which manner it was designed to be carried. Making it a very dangerous weapon for TIM to be in possession of.

    As far as Nick goes, he has it right.
    Last edited by Freedom 1st; 12-25-2011 at 06:29 PM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member usmcbess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Labadie, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    195
    Nick has always been fair to me and friendly on top of it.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Robertsville
    Posts
    112
    I don't have a dog in this fight just like the previous poster from out of town. I don't know the 1911. I seen Nick on Sunday and for added measure to put into perspective. Nick was carrying I'm assuming the 1911 in a tightly secured leather holster with thumb safety intact on the holster. I talked to him in passing and he never made a jesture that would make me run from the show with my 2 small children and others in my party. I was more worried about the gentleman setting the firearm in the trashcan as he was trying to hit on the lady at the food place , or the man pulling the 38 out of his pocket trying to get everyone to buy it because none of the dealers wanted it.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Robertsville
    Posts
    112
    Oh and to the Op. Welcome to the forum.

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by TIM 89 View Post
    I know the 1911, too, and even though it has the thumb safety for the hammer in the cocked position, Smart Ass, it doesn't mean it's safe.
    Let me guess. You'd "feel" much safer with something like a Springfield Armory XD or a Walther PPQ...
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-26-2011 at 01:03 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florissant, Mo
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Lets not confuse issues here.

    Support is limiting the governments ability to regulate the choice.

    Someone not making the same choice or speaking against the choice does not mean they do not support it as being a choice.

    The owner of Chevy's is not pro oc or pro ccw he chooses not to even own a gun, he however is for the RIGHT and thinks it is an individual CHOICE that should not be restricted.

    Anyone can think it is stupid and not for them as long as they are not against others having the choice, I am good with it, they can even try and talk me out of it as long as they are not for limiting my right, I respect their right to a different opinion, I am in fact only asking for equal respect for my own.
    Great point... the main issue is to support the rights to choose to carry or not... to buy or not... to own (gun) or not. Its just a bit hurtful when the assume person/company that supplies you with your; protecton, hobby, etc... is basically against what you fight for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •