• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pacific Guns in Pacific,MO - BAN for OC listings

repomasterstl

I will say, I have had the same conversation with nick and the other older gentleman at the store and got the impression that they was perfectly good with oc. I will be curious to see if they respond somehow... Its a shame I liked that store close to home friendly staff..

Tony4310

Always remember this. Just because someone runs a gun store doesn't mean they 100% support right to carry. To some of them it's about nothing more than money. If I could, I would open a gun store,but I don't have the cash. I have my idea all ready,just no money to do it.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Lets not confuse issues here.

Support is limiting the governments ability to regulate the choice.

Someone not making the same choice or speaking against the choice does not mean they do not support it as being a choice.

The owner of Chevy's is not pro oc or pro ccw he chooses not to even own a gun, he however is for the RIGHT and thinks it is an individual CHOICE that should not be restricted.

Anyone can think it is stupid and not for them as long as they are not against others having the choice, I am good with it, they can even try and talk me out of it as long as they are not for limiting my right, I respect their right to a different opinion, I am in fact only asking for equal respect for my own.

mspgunner

This is the response from Pacific Guns:
Draw your own conclusions;
Pacific Guns, Inc.
Hey (My real name deleted). Nick here. I would like to comment. I remember this conversation very well...apparently better than your friend. Normally my daughter Krista answers our Facebook questions, but I thought I'd take this one...

The subject of open ...carry came up in the shop, and I commented on how it was not for me. I also made mention of a "group of people" in the area who are advocates of OC and how they get with local businesses and city leaders to have open carry "get togethers" to support the cause. Marc, I think you know me well enough to know that I will support ANY 2nd Amendment advocacy group that is within the law and working toward better understanding of our cause.

Just so we are clear here...I never meant to disparage your good name (and I say "your good name" because you were specifically one of the people I was referring to during this conversation without mentioning names). To the best of my recollection, I never commented on anyone in a negative light.

A couple of things:
Your friend started off with "very disappointed with the place..."
Then he followed it up with "on top of that, one of the gentlemen there blah, blah, blah...".
It sounds to me like your friend had an issue with my shop before we even got in to the whole OC discussion. C'mon...what's not to like about our shop. It's clean, wholesome, we have lots of inventory, and according to a whole lot of people who spend a whole lot money there...we have some stellar pricing. I would like to know what your friend could have been so disappointed in right from the start. Does he know we've only been doing this for about 5 months?

(My Name), I'm hurt you didn't contact me directly with this rather than posting it on our page like this. Well, I guess I'm not really that hurt, I mean, it gives me a chance to go on and on and on with my opinionated diatribe......hey wait.....I can do that, because this is MY Facebook page.

...and another thing, I certainly hope your friend isn't "disappointed" with MY shop because I had the audacity to voice MY opinion in MY shop. Did I mention that this is MY shop? Your friend sounds like a closet Liberal who doesn't want to hear any differing opinions from anyone, and who gets all "wrapped" over it when someone disagrees with him/her. I don't remember trying to "force feed" my opinion to anyone. We were just having some polite conversation...and if your friend would have spoken up, I would have gladly debated the issue with him.

(my name), I hope this make you feel at ease regarding mine and Pacific Guns' opinion on the topic of open carry.

P.S. Tell your friend "Thanks" for the one compliment anyway. I'll be 50 in a few months...and I look darn good for my age. Apparently.

Nick...out. See More
about an hour ago • LikeUnlike

Tony4310

What is it with people reading into my comments too much :banghead: ? You can feel how you want about OC. Heck you can be against OC, but still support what the constitution says is a right even if you don't agree with it. I still stand by my opinion about some gun stores being against OC because of money.

Lets not confuse issues here.

Support is limiting the governments ability to regulate the choice.

Someone not making the same choice or speaking against the choice does not mean they do not support it as being a choice.

The owner of Chevy's is not pro oc or pro ccw he chooses not to even own a gun, he however is for the RIGHT and thinks it is an individual CHOICE that should not be restricted.

Anyone can think it is stupid and not for them as long as they are not against others having the choice, I am good with it, they can even try and talk me out of it as long as they are not for limiting my right, I respect their right to a different opinion, I am in fact only asking for equal respect for my own.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Actually, I was not commenting on your thoughts at all. Typing with one hand and that post was in response to gunner in somewhat agreement with repomaster, you just got yours done before I got mine done.

:p

What is it with people reading into my comments too much :banghead: ? You can feel how you want about OC. Heck you can be against OC, but still support what the constitution says is a right even if you don't agree with it. I still stand by my opinion about some gun stores being against OC because of money.

cshoff

The times I've been into Pacific Guns, I've always been impressed with the shop, the customer service, and definitely the prices. And IMO, that is saying a LOT. The vast majority of gunshops I've been in over the years, which is quite a few, are inherently poorly run. Such is NOT the case with Pacific Guns.

I'm not sure what happened in this particular situation, but based on my previous experiences with Nick, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

mspgunner

The times I've been into Pacific Guns, I've always been impressed with the shop, the customer service, and definitely the prices. And IMO, that is saying a LOT. The vast majority of gunshops I've been in over the years, which is quite a few, are inherently poorly run. Such is NOT the case with Pacific Guns.

I'm not sure what happened in this particular situation, but based on my previous experiences with Nick, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

I've known Nick a long time, bought stuff from Pacific Guns, I am starting to wonder about the accuaracy of the "quote" I posted from another person.

CONFUSED.... AT BEST

peterarthur

Make sure to communicate with Nick regarding clearing of the air on this topic. He sounds all right to me and he sounds like he has support from people who know him well. OC needs all the friends it can get :)

TIM 89

pacific guns

I have known Nick for a while and have bought most of my guns from there for a long time before he even bought the gun shop and i havent been to happy doing business there either and the local gun show was last weekend and alot of people were complaining that he had his 1911 out in the open in his holster not concealed with the hammer cocked back being irresponsable and made alot of people nervous there that has there oc but no disrespect to him he is a real nice guy but i have been thinking about taking my business somewhere else maybe to stoneledge in washington, mo

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I have known Nick for a while and have bought most of my guns from there for a long time before he even bought the gun shop and i havent been to happy doing business there either and the local gun show was last weekend and alot of people were complaining that he had his 1911 out in the open in his holster not concealed with the hammer cocked back being irresponsable and made alot of people nervous there that has there oc but no disrespect to him he is a real nice guy but i have been thinking about taking my business somewhere else maybe to stoneledge in washington, mo

Interesting first post. I had to read it three times to realize just how full of crap it is.

If you throw some punctuation in the next one, I'll happily debate the issue of OC in general and specifically 1911s with you. I've no dog in this fight anyway.

TIM 89

Interesting first post. I had to read it three times to realize just how full of crap it is.

If you throw some punctuation in the next one, I'll happily debate the issue of OC in general and specifically 1911s with you. I've no dog in this fight anyway.

i kno 1911 too and even tho it has the thumb saftey for the hammer in the cocked position smart ass it doesnt mean its safe

Festus_Hagen

Bottom right on the keyboard. There's a . and a , in that location, and maybe that would make something I cared to read. I'm not even gonna try again, I got a headache the first 2 times.....

mspgunner

i kno 1911 too and even tho it has the thumb saftey for the hammer in the cocked position smart ass it doesnt mean its safe

HUmmm... My Sig Sauer is "cocked" with one in the chamber. Thumb safety on. If I put the hammer down, it is then NOT SAFE and will not fire with the safety off.
Pull, release safety, fire!
As far as Nick goes, I've bought a firearm and accessories there on a number of occassions.
He might be a bit of a push for sales, but that's the way it is.

Freedom 1st

How is it "safe" for "you" then ? :confused: What would make "you" happy with him carrying it in what manner ?

Somehow, I think the response your going to get is going to either be in a condition 2, condition 3, or not at all. Which, I guess is an opinion that is well within his right to have.

But if you even get a response, more than likely it will confirm my opinion than he KNOS just enough about the 1911 platform to be a complete idiot about in which manner it was designed to be carried. Making it a very dangerous weapon for TIM to be in possession of.

As far as Nick goes, he has it right.

Last edited: