Thread: First pisto arrives tomorrow...question.

First pisto arrives tomorrow...question.

My first pistol, Springfield .45 compact, should be arriving tomorrow at my FFL. I'm eager to start OC'ing. Would it be bad form to load the magazine in the parking lot (in my car) and slap it on my hip right away?

I'm guessing I should wait until I get home.
    Last edited by spiderjohn; 08-14-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    My first pistol, Springfield .45 compact, should be arriving tomorrow at my FFL. I'm eager to start OC'ing. Would it be bad form to load the magazine in the parking lot (in my car) and slap it on my hip right away?

I'm guessing I should wait until I get home.
    I don't think it would be bad form if it wasn't a new gun. With any new gun, you should take it apart, clean up any excess packing oil/grease and check it for proper functioning and take it to the range. Once you're sure everything is good to go, then start carrying it. Congrats and nice choice on your first pistol by the way. What holster are you going to use?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I don't think it would be bad form if it wasn't a new gun. With any new gun, you should take it apart, clean up any excess packing oil/grease and check it for proper functioning and take it to the range. Once you're sure everything is good to go, then start carrying it. Congrats and nice choice on your first pistol by the way. What holster are you going to use?
    Yeah, I was kinda posting tongue in cheek. Have studied up on breaking it down and cleaning and am planning on doing that first.

I've gotten the following:

Blackhawk Serpa
    2 extra 13 round mags
    Amish Leather belt (GREAT belt btw! Been wearing it for a couple days and love it!)
    Gunvault GV1000C-STD Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe
    10 action Trainer Dummy rounds (for practicing malfunction drills, gun handling skills, etc) Got them from here
    250 live rounds...just waiting to go to the range.

Grats on the first purchase spiderjohn.

Be safe, shoot straight, and God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderjohn View Post
    Yeah, I was kinda posting tongue in cheek. Have studied up on breaking it down and cleaning and am planning on doing that first.

I've gotten the following:

Blackhawk Serpa
    2 extra 13 round mags
    Amish Leather belt (GREAT belt btw! Been wearing it for a couple days and love it!)
    Gunvault GV1000C-STD Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe
    10 action Trainer Dummy rounds (for practicing malfunction drills, gun handling skills, etc) Got them from here
    250 live rounds...just waiting to go to the range.
    Sounds like a good setup. I also carry my XD in a Serpa. Glad to here you are prepared. I figured I'd give you the advice since it was your first pistol. Congrats again!!
    Last edited by thebigsd; 08-14-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."