• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First pisto arrives tomorrow...question.

spiderjohn

My first pistol, Springfield .45 compact, should be arriving tomorrow at my FFL. I'm eager to start OC'ing. Would it be bad form to load the magazine in the parking lot (in my car) and slap it on my hip right away? :uhoh:

I'm guessing I should wait until I get home. :lol:

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
My first pistol, Springfield .45 compact, should be arriving tomorrow at my FFL. I'm eager to start OC'ing. Would it be bad form to load the magazine in the parking lot (in my car) and slap it on my hip right away? :uhoh:

I'm guessing I should wait until I get home. :lol:

I don't think it would be bad form if it wasn't a new gun. With any new gun, you should take it apart, clean up any excess packing oil/grease and check it for proper functioning and take it to the range. Once you're sure everything is good to go, then start carrying it. Congrats and nice choice on your first pistol by the way. What holster are you going to use?

spiderjohn

I don't think it would be bad form if it wasn't a new gun. With any new gun, you should take it apart, clean up any excess packing oil/grease and check it for proper functioning and take it to the range. Once you're sure everything is good to go, then start carrying it. Congrats and nice choice on your first pistol by the way. What holster are you going to use?

Yeah, I was kinda posting tongue in cheek. Have studied up on breaking it down and cleaning and am planning on doing that first.

I've gotten the following:

Blackhawk Serpa
2 extra 13 round mags
Amish Leather belt (GREAT belt btw! Been wearing it for a couple days and love it!)
Gunvault GV1000C-STD Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe
10 action Trainer Dummy rounds (for practicing malfunction drills, gun handling skills, etc) Got them from here
250 live rounds...just waiting to go to the range.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yeah, I was kinda posting tongue in cheek. Have studied up on breaking it down and cleaning and am planning on doing that first.

I've gotten the following:

Blackhawk Serpa
2 extra 13 round mags
Amish Leather belt (GREAT belt btw! Been wearing it for a couple days and love it!)
Gunvault GV1000C-STD Mini Vault Standard Gun Safe
10 action Trainer Dummy rounds (for practicing malfunction drills, gun handling skills, etc) Got them from here
250 live rounds...just waiting to go to the range.

Sounds like a good setup. I also carry my XD in a Serpa. Glad to here you are prepared. I figured I'd give you the advice since it was your first pistol. Congrats again!!

Last edited: