• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6 dead, 1 arrested in knife attack on British isle

TOF

"The Safest Place in the Western World"!!! Wow

Approx, 100,000 residents and 4,554 crimes per year. Who could possibly need arms for protection in that location.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I thought that carrying knives was outlawed in the UK.

They are. It's a highly effective law, provided you're only looking at those who actually follow the law. That's the principle failure of all legislators - assuming that just because they pass a law, everyone, including the criminals, will follow it.

Homer Simpson said it best: DOAH!

Meanwhile, year after year, Homer-like Congresspeople continue to propose similarly nonsensical laws that would be equally ineffective as the UK's laws prohibiting knives.

Last edited:

sccrref

I think that this article is hog wash. There is no way that a person could stab another person or persons with a knife. It is illegal to own one there as I understand it. Therefore, it never could have happened.

Last edited: