Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: well need help writing a letter to emagin in canton

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252

    well need help writing a letter to emagin in canton

    Hello oc world, today I decided to get myself an audio recorder and boy I’m glad I did. First the day started with me ocing to radio shack for a recorder that cost $41 and a mic that cost 25. When I went to pay I noticed that the prices were missed tagged for 19 and 18. “Winning” they gave me the items for that price.
    Now on to Emagine theater in canton. As I entered the theater I scanned for a sign that said it is Pfz/ no weapons allowed. I did not see any of them. I was able to by my ticket and make my way to the concession stand before a manager approached me. As he approached me he told me I was breaking the law, being that the theater seats more than 2500 people. I explained to him that it was not against the law to Oc w/Cpl. He stated that he was unsure of the law so I handed him a tri fold. He looked it over before saying he would have to call the police to verify the information I gave him was correct. I then asked him if he wanted me to leave because he was concerned that I was breaking the law or because it was private property. He said because he thinks I’m breaking the law. I ensured him I was not breaking the law but if he wanted me to leave because of his private property rules I could not stop him. He then said well it’s because of private property rules. He refunded my money and told me to call his dm to get this handled the correct way: this is because I informed him that there must be a weapons free sign post at the front entrance of the movie’s. As I left I was stopped by another manager who said that I was wrong and to look at the law, he looked up mcl28.425o I explained to him that Mcl 28.425o and Mcl 750.234d sec 2-c works together. He said ok and returned back inside.

    All and all it went ok. I’m glad I was able to leave without the police being called.

    I need help loading the audio it’s too staticy is there a program that can extract just the talking.

  2. #2
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448
    Try Audacity (audio manip) -- free download
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Near Lapeer (Hadley), Michigan, USA
    Posts
    932
    I wonder why it has so much static. My voice recorder generally records crystal clear. I don't use a mic, I wonder if there is a problem with your mic. Unless the static is from wind noise.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

    I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252
    i fixed it now the problem im haveing is converting it ffrom wav to mp3.. or a web site that lets me upload wav

  5. #5
    Regular Member Badger Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    He refunded my money and told me to call his dm to get this handled the correct way: this is because I informed him that there must be a weapons free sign post at the front entrance of the movie’s. As I left I was stopped by another manager who said that I was wrong and to look at the law, he looked up mcl28.425o I explained to him that Mcl 28.425o and Mcl 750.234d sec 2-c works together. He said ok and returned back inside.
    Good report and glad to see you got a recorder to use when OC-ing.

    But...

    1. I'm opposed to 'informing' these managers on how to make their theater or place of business a GFZ. Why tell them how to prevent others from coming in and maybe prevent CC-ing? Let them figure it out and don't HELP THEM. Sheesh.

    2. The second manager stopped you on the way out. STOPPED YOU? He's not a LEO. IGNORE HIM. Instead you helped him. Why? They're a-holes who won't defend the constitution which people have died to defend. Stop helping these morons.

    otherwise ok.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

    Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Good report and glad to see you got a recorder to use when OC-ing.

    But...

    1. I'm opposed to 'informing' these managers on how to make their theater or place of business a GFZ. Why tell them how to prevent others from coming in and maybe prevent CC-ing? Let them figure it out and don't HELP THEM. Sheesh.

    2. The second manager stopped you on the way out. STOPPED YOU? He's not a LEO. IGNORE HIM. Instead you helped him. Why? They're a-holes who won't defend the constitution which people have died to defend. Stop helping these morons.

    otherwise ok.
    this was my first time being turned around, over all it went well. now i will start writeing a letter to them to try to get them to allow oc/cpl.. any info that will help me when writeing this please all do share.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Good report and glad to see you got a recorder to use when OC-ing.

    But...

    1. I'm opposed to 'informing' these managers on how to make their theater or place of business a GFZ. Why tell them how to prevent others from coming in and maybe prevent CC-ing? Let them figure it out and don't HELP THEM. Sheesh.

    2. The second manager stopped you on the way out. STOPPED YOU? He's not a LEO. IGNORE HIM. Instead you helped him. Why? They're a-holes who won't defend the constitution which people have died to defend. Stop helping these morons.

    otherwise ok.
    Seriously? Really?

    Regardless of why, an agent of the propertry owner has requested an individual to leave. Refusing to do so is trespass. If the manager calls the cops they probably (this is thankfully not Canton, Ohio, home of the cop that threatened to execute somebody while being recorded by his own dash camera) will want the manager to repeat the request to leave before arresting him for trespass.

    Opposing the legal request of the manager to leave the property is not how "we" go about educating the public that those that open carry are law-abiding, responsible citizens who present no reason to be feared merely for openly carrying a handgun.

    I agree that "we" should not make it easier for folks to set up GFZs by citing the law that they must abide by in order to do that. Far better to let them continue to fail to meet the legal requirement(s).

    A letter to the dm (district manager?) explaining why you and your family will no longer patronize the place, and why you will encourage everyone you know not to patronize it, is more effective than telling the dm his theater does not comply with the law and how to bring it into compliance.

    Whether or not you like the idea, you are an "ambassador" for the OC movement (whatever that is) every time you are out in public. Please do not be an Ugly American http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ugly_American .

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Please pardon my manners. I was so worked up that I forgot to welcome you to OCDO.

    No, I am not the official Welcome Wagon hostess. It's just good manners to say "Welcome" to someone who seems to have just recently arrived.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Seriously? Really?

    Regardless of why, an agent of the propertry owner has requested an individual to leave. Refusing to do so is trespass. If the manager calls the cops they probably (this is thankfully not Canton, Ohio, home of the cop that threatened to execute somebody while being recorded by his own dash camera) will want the manager to repeat the request to leave before arresting him for trespass.

    Opposing the legal request of the manager to leave the property is not how "we" go about educating the public that those that open carry are law-abiding, responsible citizens who present no reason to be feared merely for openly carrying a handgun.

    I agree that "we" should not make it easier for folks to set up GFZs by citing the law that they must abide by in order to do that. Far better to let them continue to fail to meet the legal requirement(s).

    A letter to the dm (district manager?) explaining why you and your family will no longer patronize the place, and why you will encourage everyone you know not to patronize it, is more effective than telling the dm his theater does not comply with the law and how to bring it into compliance.

    Whether or not you like the idea, you are an "ambassador" for the OC movement (whatever that is) every time you are out in public. Please do not be an Ugly American http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ugly_American .

    stay safe.
    i keep replaying this in my head, and thinking what i could of done to better the issue.. over all only thing i think i should of did diff was not tell him how to ban me. i would like to upload the audio as well , he says his company follows the state law. at that point should i had left because he was misinformed? he was allowing me to take my seat while he called the police, i told him i would just leave over bring the police in to the situation..

  10. #10
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Good report and glad to see you got a recorder to use when OC-ing.

    But...

    1. I'm opposed to 'informing' these managers on how to make their theater or place of business a GFZ. Why tell them how to prevent others from coming in and maybe prevent CC-ing? Let them figure it out and don't HELP THEM. Sheesh.

    2. The second manager stopped you on the way out. STOPPED YOU? He's not a LEO. IGNORE HIM. Instead you helped him. Why? They're a-holes who won't defend the constitution which people have died to defend. Stop helping these morons.

    otherwise ok.
    I second everything written here. I think you did fine up until the point you mentioned that, although what you were doing was in fact legal, you gave advice as to how to totally avoid the issue of its legality. My concern is that, reading what was written about the incident, it could appear that you wanted to be asked to leave. I don't think that this is the case; after all, what could be gained? My only suggestion is that if something like this happens again, end the discussion when you are ahead.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 08-15-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  11. #11
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    i fixed it now the problem im haveing is converting it ffrom wav to mp3.. or a web site that lets me upload wav
    One possibility:

    http://media.io/
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I second everything written here. I think you did fine up until the point you mentioned that, although what you were doing was in fact legal, you gave advice as to how to totally avoid the issue of its legality. My concern is that, reading what was written about the incident, it could appear that you wanted to be asked to leave. I don't think that this is the case; after all, what could be gained? My only suggestion is that if something like this happens again, end the discussion when you are ahead.
    yea i did not wnat to leave i was taking my wife out on a date.. i live in romulus and was in canton, so it was a lil drive. i called before comming in and asked if they had a policy and they said it was to follow state law.. i guess when i should up they had a policy "the one in his head." even after looking over there rules there is no mention of this

  13. #13
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    yea i did not wnat to leave i was taking my wife out on a date.. i live in romulus and was in canton, so it was a lil drive. i called before comming in and asked if they had a policy and they said it was to follow state law.. i guess when i should up they had a policy "the one in his head." even after looking over there rules there is no mention of this
    I understand the belief that a telephone call avoids the possibility of ruining an evening out; as you found out, asking didn't help.
    What many here have found is that it is often better to go about your business as you normally would. I never call ahead, look up firearm policies on line, or look for signs prohibiting firearms. Why would I want to receive notice and bolster a charge of trespassing, no matter how remote that possibility is?

    Like I said, I do understand the motive and remember how, as a person new to OC, I thought everyone's eyes were on me and my pistol. What I soon discovered is that many people seldom even notice that I am carrying a pistol.

    PS. Please excuse my rudeness in not welcoming you. In all honesty, I'm using my phone to write this and can't see how many previous posts you have. For some reason, your on-line name seemed familiar and I thought you'd been here a while. Also, if you don't want to reinvent the wheel, do a little reading here and you will probably find an example of a letter that has been used for situations such as yours. Also, feel free to PM me if you would like someone to proofread your letter.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    yea i did not wnat to leave i was taking my wife out on a date.. i live in romulus and was in canton, so it was a lil drive. i called before comming in and asked if they had a policy and they said it was to follow state law.. i guess when i should up they had a policy "the one in his head." even after looking over there rules there is no mention of this
    First.. welcome! Stick around, ask questions, take advantage of all the knowledge and info on the site..... and don't let those who nay say or are obnoxious get under your internet skin.

    One of the things folks miss about what I highlighted in blue in your post is....

    There are many aspects of "State Law"... firearms laws are just one aspect... there are also laws that govern the private property right to "trespass" people the property owner/owner's representative decides should not be allowed on the property. And, aside from a few protected classes of people.... race being one of them... a property owner can be following State Law and require someone to leave. If they don't immediately leave the property owner can follow State Law and have them arrested for trespassing.

    Hence... a policy of following State Law does NOT automatically mean the State's firearms laws are the only one's being followed.

    The full text of the following State Law can be read here:

    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(e34...light=trespass


    THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
    Act 328 of 1931

    750.552 Trespass upon lands or premises of another; violation; penalty.Sec. 552.
    (1) A person shall not do any of the following:
    (a) Enter the lands or premises of another without lawful authority after having been forbidden so to do by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.
    (b) Remain without lawful authority on the land or premises of another after being notified to depart by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.

    A word to the wise... when reading a law pay careful attention to the wording used.... and the legal definitions of words that are used. Such as the word "premises"... "premises" could mean every inch of property that property entails including the buildings, the lawn, and even a parking lot if there is one.

    The full definition of "premises" can be found here:

    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/premises

    premises n.

    1) in real estate, land and the improvements on it, a building, store, shop, apartment, or other designated structure.

    Disclaimer:
    I am not now, nor have I ever been, and I do not aspire to be, an attorney. Hence the above is most assuredly NOT legal advice!
    Last edited by Bikenut; 08-15-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  15. #15
    Michigan Moderator Shadow Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Seriously? Really? , Skidmark?!? Read the post you replied to and the OP. The second manager stopped the open carrier AS HE WAS LEAVING! The first manager asked him to leave so that's what he was in the process of doing! Why in hell should the OP stop to talk to a second manager harassing him, when he was ALREADY COMPLYING with the first manager's request to leave?
    Oh, good, I thought it was just me that noticed that....

    If you want me to leave, don't invite me to stay, not even for a second.

    Unless, of course, the sneaky bastige of a manager wanted to get security camera footage of the OP not leaving IMMEDIATELY to bolster a charge of trespassing......

    Once asked, leave immediately. I wouldn't even stick around for a refund; just not worth it. Call them the next day for the refund.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

    'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

  16. #16
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Oh, good, I thought it was just me that noticed that....
    LOL, and here I was doing some research trying to find out if being asked to stay (2nd manager) negates the request to leave (by the 1st manager).
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  17. #17
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    i keep replaying this in my head, and thinking what i could of done to better the issue.. over all only thing i think i should of did diff was not tell him how to ban me. i would like to upload the audio as well , he says his company follows the state law. at that point should i had left because he was misinformed? he was allowing me to take my seat while he called the police, i told him i would just leave over bring the police in to the situation..
    This is what many people new to OC don't seem to realize: they can ban you and your firearm and follow state law at the same time. For example, my local Walmart has banned me if I carry my firearm in their store, despite claiming to follow state law. I personally know others who have carried there with no issues, and many on ocdo thought that if I contact Walmart, they will surely correct this manager. Well, I did, they won't. They say that they "follow state law" yet reserve the right to "ban" anyone they decide to, as long as doing so doesn't violate state or federal civil rights law. Even though, before the incident, I spent at least 300 dollars there per month on groceries, firearms, ammo, etc., I've been told I am welcome to shop there, but must lock my pistol in the car. Therefore, I refuse to shop at any Walmart...ever again.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252
    hey guys thanks for all the great advice it is well needed, i have been oc for abotu 8 months and have never had this happen to me. o learned from it, i was unsure how to handle the 2nd manager so i just spoke with him and gave him a tri fold.

    I will be writeing the dm, should i use this letter to educate him on the oc laws, or to enform him that he has lost a very loyal paying customer.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    First.. welcome! Stick around, ask questions, take advantage of all the knowledge and info on the site..... and don't let those who nay say or are obnoxious get under your internet skin.

    One of the things folks miss about what I highlighted in blue in your post is....

    There are many aspects of "State Law"... firearms laws are just one aspect... there are also laws that govern the private property right to "trespass" people the property owner/owner's representative decides should not be allowed on the property. And, aside from a few protected classes of people.... race being one of them... a property owner can be following State Law and require someone to leave. If they don't immediately leave the property owner can follow State Law and have them arrested for trespassing.

    Hence... a policy of following State Law does NOT automatically mean the State's firearms laws are the only one's being followed.

    The full text of the following State Law can be read here:

    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(e34...light=trespass


    THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
    Act 328 of 1931

    750.552 Trespass upon lands or premises of another; violation; penalty.Sec. 552.
    (1) A person shall not do any of the following:
    (a) Enter the lands or premises of another without lawful authority after having been forbidden so to do by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.
    (b) Remain without lawful authority on the land or premises of another after being notified to depart by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.

    A word to the wise... when reading a law pay careful attention to the wording used.... and the legal definitions of words that are used. Such as the word "premises"... "premises" could mean every inch of property that property entails including the buildings, the lawn, and even a parking lot if there is one.

    The full definition of "premises" can be found here:

    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/premises

    premises n.

    1) in real estate, land and the improvements on it, a building, store, shop, apartment, or other designated structure.

    Disclaimer:
    I am not now, nor have I ever been, and I do not aspire to be, an attorney. Hence the above is most assuredly NOT legal advice!



    i understand what is being said.. i wish i was able to get the audio loaded

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    LOL, and here I was doing some research trying to find out if being asked to stay (2nd manager) negates the request to leave (by the 1st manager).
    IIRC there is something I read that could be used to argue this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    This is what many people new to OC don't seem to realize: they can ban you and your firearm and follow state law at the same time. For example, my local Walmart has banned me if I carry my firearm in their store, despite claiming to follow state law. I personally know others who have carried there with no issues, and many on ocdo thought that if I contact Walmart, they will surely correct this manager. Well, I did, they won't. They say that they "follow state law" yet reserve the right to "ban" anyone they decide to, as long as doing so doesn't violate state or federal civil rights law. Even though, before the incident, I spent at least 300 dollars there per month on groceries, firearms, ammo, etc., I've been told I am welcome to shop there, but must lock my pistol in the car. Therefore, I refuse to shop at any Walmart...ever again.
    I had a similar experience in the Waterford School District. Although legal to OC at a school with a CPL, I am the only one who has been barred from exercising my rights, simply because I tried to educate them about the law. So, like DrTodd, I dont go there anymore.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    OP, try using windows movie maker, I am assuming here you have windows, to create a video, use some picture or text for the backdrop, then you can upload it to youtube, and post the link.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 08-15-2011 at 05:51 PM.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    OP, try using windows movie maker, I am assuming here you have windows, to create a video, use some picture or text for the backdrop, then you can upload it to youtube, and post the link.
    will do to night

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252
    used you tube to get this up, its hard to hear . i bought my self a mic as of today, its also becase it was loud in there


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz9b3k27Yy4
    Last edited by rvd4now; 08-15-2011 at 07:09 PM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    down river
    Posts
    252

    email to them what do you think before i press send

    operations@emagine-entertainment.com <operations@emagine-entertainment.com>




    To:Chris Brandt




    From: Demetrius k***




    Hello, my name is Demetrius K*** I have been a long time customer of Emagine-entertainment




    On 8/14/11 I was a paying customer who was stopped at the concesssion stand by Scott Largent. Scott explained himself to me as the manager on duty. Scott informed me that it was agginst the law to carry a pistol in an entertainment facilty seating over 2500 or more. I explained to him that it was against the law to carry a concealed pistol, but not to carry one openly. I also explained that a person may not know that emagine theaters are considered an entertainment facility because is does not have a sign stating that it seats 2500 people. I also explained to him where he could find the michigan law that would require him to put up one inch lettering at every enterance (Mcl 28.425 section 1 letter f). I also explained to him that in michigan a person may opencarry in a restrited area if they have a concealed pistol licence (Mcl 750.234d section 2 letter c). I was asked to leave because I was on private property and I complied but I would like more clarification on emagine entertainment's policy and procedures on firearms.




    Does Emagine entertainment comply with michigan state law, or does emagine entertainment have a policey that can be viewed and supplied to the public so that this inconvenience does not happen to another paying customer.




    At this time I would like to thank you and emagine entertainment for the time and effort put into helping clearing up this misunderstanding, I can be reached at:




    Demetrius K***

    rvd4****@yahoo.com

    313-595-****




    Once again I look forward to speaking with you to get this issue resolved

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    operations@emagine-entertainment.com <operations@emagine-entertainment.com>




    To:Chris Brandt




    From: Demetrius k***




    Hello, my name is Demetrius K*** I have been a long time customer of Emagine-entertainment




    On 8/14/11 I was a paying customer who was stopped at the concession stand by Scott Largent. Scott explained himself to me as the manager on duty. Scott informed me that it was against the law to carry a pistol in an entertainment facility seating over 2500 or more. I explained to him that it was against the law to carry a concealed pistol, but not to carry one openly. I also explained that a person may not know that emagine theaters are considered an entertainment facility because is does not have a sign stating that it seats 2500 people. I also explained to him where he could find the Michigan law that would require him to put up one inch lettering at every entrance (Mcl 28.425 section 1 letter f). I also explained to him that in Michigan a person may open carry in a restricted area if they have a concealed pistol license (Mcl 750.234d section 2 letter c). I was asked to leave because I was on private property and I complied but I would like more clarification on emagine entertainment's policy and procedures on firearms.




    Does Emagine entertainment comply with Michigan state law, or does emagine entertainment have a policy that can be viewed and supplied to the public so that this inconvenience does not happen to another paying customer.




    At this time I would like to thank you and emagine entertainment for the time and effort put into helping clearing up this misunderstanding, I can be reached at:




    Demetrius K***

    rvd4****@yahoo.com

    313-595-****




    Once again I look forward to speaking with you to get this issue resolved
    Spell checked it for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •