Thread: Thanks for a great weekend!

Thanks for a great weekend!

Thanks again everybody! I had a great time out at the pit on Saturday, even though my shooting was cut short by my work schedule. Wish I had gotten to Back Cove sooner on Sunday!

Last night I was talking to my girlfriend about her carrying. She got online and started looking at handguns and found one shes fond of. I'm not quite sure how to respond.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31301.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	6647

I am glad she's found one she likes, unfortunately I don't see it as a practical carry weapon which she said was fine with her. She sees herself having her CCW to keep the gun in the car while OCing occasionally while outdoors by herself. personally, ANY gun is better than NO gun and at 375.00 it would make a pretty sweet christmas present in a couple months; along with a DVD of Dirty Harry.

Accomplished Advocate
    My girlfriend is going with the Sig Sauer P239 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by matthewg123 View Post
    Thanks again everybody! I had a great time out at the pit on Saturday, even though my shooting was cut short by my work schedule. Wish I had gotten to Back Cove sooner on Sunday!

Last night I was talking to my girlfriend about her carrying. She got online and started looking at handguns and found one shes fond of. I'm not quite sure how to respond.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31301.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	6647

I am glad she's found one she likes, unfortunately I don't see it as a practical carry weapon which she said was fine with her. She sees herself having her CCW to keep the gun in the car while OCing occasionally while outdoors by herself. personally, ANY gun is better than NO gun and at 375.00 it would make a pretty sweet christmas present in a couple months; along with a DVD of Dirty Harry.

You might be able to sell her on a smaller revolver like the LCR.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    You might be able to sell her on a smaller revolver like the LCR.
    he owns an LCR haha... he's currently selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    Nice...lol. There are a ton of small and medium frame revolvers out there suitable for carry. I am sure she'll find one, if not let her carry the big one...lol.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

shane be nice!!!

xd-over

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    shane be nice!!!

xd-over
    haha, well I was just posting that she obviously doesn't like the LCR because he already has one.

haha, well I was just posting that she obviously doesn't like the LCR because he already has one.

No, He is totally right. She is set on the large frame.. She can handle the .357 in the LCR with impressive accuracy (Shes a better shot than I am some days).

If she wants a 8 inch .357, she'll get one. I would feel better knowing that she has one she likes and wants to shoot. She thinks my LCR is more fun than my SR9C, but I think thats just because she's got a warm spot for revolvers.

(besides, I personally wouldnt mind having a full size revolver kickin' around to play with!)

Lets plan another weekend in Baldwin! I'd love to bring her and have her try out one of the ARs out there!