Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Thanks for a great weekend!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Portland Maine
    Posts
    22

    Thanks for a great weekend!

    Thanks again everybody! I had a great time out at the pit on Saturday, even though my shooting was cut short by my work schedule. Wish I had gotten to Back Cove sooner on Sunday!

    Last night I was talking to my girlfriend about her carrying. She got online and started looking at handguns and found one shes fond of. I'm not quite sure how to respond.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31301.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	6647

    I am glad she's found one she likes, unfortunately I don't see it as a practical carry weapon which she said was fine with her. She sees herself having her CCW to keep the gun in the car while OCing occasionally while outdoors by herself. personally, ANY gun is better than NO gun and at 375.00 it would make a pretty sweet christmas present in a couple months; along with a DVD of Dirty Harry.

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667
    My girlfriend is going with the Sig Sauer P239 I believe

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewg123 View Post
    Thanks again everybody! I had a great time out at the pit on Saturday, even though my shooting was cut short by my work schedule. Wish I had gotten to Back Cove sooner on Sunday!

    Last night I was talking to my girlfriend about her carrying. She got online and started looking at handguns and found one shes fond of. I'm not quite sure how to respond.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31301.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	6647

    I am glad she's found one she likes, unfortunately I don't see it as a practical carry weapon which she said was fine with her. She sees herself having her CCW to keep the gun in the car while OCing occasionally while outdoors by herself. personally, ANY gun is better than NO gun and at 375.00 it would make a pretty sweet christmas present in a couple months; along with a DVD of Dirty Harry.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    You might be able to sell her on a smaller revolver like the LCR.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    You might be able to sell her on a smaller revolver like the LCR.
    he owns an LCR haha... he's currently selling it.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    he owns an LCR haha... he's currently selling it.
    Nice...lol. There are a ton of small and medium frame revolvers out there suitable for carry. I am sure she'll find one, if not let her carry the big one...lol.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  6. #6
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    he owns an LCR haha... he's currently selling it.
    shane be nice!!!


    xd-over

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    shane be nice!!!


    xd-over
    haha, well I was just posting that she obviously doesn't like the LCR because he already has one.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Portland Maine
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    haha, well I was just posting that she obviously doesn't like the LCR because he already has one.

    No, He is totally right. She is set on the large frame.. She can handle the .357 in the LCR with impressive accuracy (Shes a better shot than I am some days).

    If she wants a 8 inch .357, she'll get one. I would feel better knowing that she has one she likes and wants to shoot. She thinks my LCR is more fun than my SR9C, but I think thats just because she's got a warm spot for revolvers.

    (besides, I personally wouldnt mind having a full size revolver kickin' around to play with!)

    Lets plan another weekend in Baldwin! I'd love to bring her and have her try out one of the ARs out there!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •