• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks for a great weekend!

matthewg123

Thanks again everybody! I had a great time out at the pit on Saturday, even though my shooting was cut short by my work schedule. Wish I had gotten to Back Cove sooner on Sunday!

Last night I was talking to my girlfriend about her carrying. She got online and started looking at handguns and found one shes fond of. I'm not quite sure how to respond.

31301.jpg

I am glad she's found one she likes, unfortunately I don't see it as a practical carry weapon which she said was fine with her. She sees herself having her CCW to keep the gun in the car while OCing occasionally while outdoors by herself. personally, ANY gun is better than NO gun and at 375.00 it would make a pretty sweet christmas present in a couple months; along with a DVD of Dirty Harry.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
My girlfriend is going with the Sig Sauer P239 I believe

Thanks again everybody! I had a great time out at the pit on Saturday, even though my shooting was cut short by my work schedule. Wish I had gotten to Back Cove sooner on Sunday!

Last night I was talking to my girlfriend about her carrying. She got online and started looking at handguns and found one shes fond of. I'm not quite sure how to respond.

View attachment 6647

I am glad she's found one she likes, unfortunately I don't see it as a practical carry weapon which she said was fine with her. She sees herself having her CCW to keep the gun in the car while OCing occasionally while outdoors by herself. personally, ANY gun is better than NO gun and at 375.00 it would make a pretty sweet christmas present in a couple months; along with a DVD of Dirty Harry.

matthewg123

haha, well I was just posting that she obviously doesn't like the LCR because he already has one.

No, He is totally right. She is set on the large frame.. She can handle the .357 in the LCR with impressive accuracy (Shes a better shot than I am some days).

If she wants a 8 inch .357, she'll get one. I would feel better knowing that she has one she likes and wants to shoot. She thinks my LCR is more fun than my SR9C, but I think thats just because she's got a warm spot for revolvers.

(besides, I personally wouldnt mind having a full size revolver kickin' around to play with!)

Lets plan another weekend in Baldwin! I'd love to bring her and have her try out one of the ARs out there!