Thread: Should LEO's be the only ones armed in public?

Should LEO's be the only ones armed in public?

The California Police Chiefs Association and the Peace Officers Research Assocation of California, claiming to represent the law enforcement community at large in the Golden State, have spoken out against the Open Carry Movement. Do they really even have a leg to stand on?

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...armed-public-1

Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    The California Police Chiefs Association and the Peace Officers Research Assocation of California, claiming to represent the law enforcement community at large in the Golden State, have spoken out against the Open Carry Movement. Do they really even have a leg to stand on?

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...armed-public-1
    Hey Dale,

Good article.

In a police state, it is best for the people not to be armed. Police are afraid of people who can fight back; police need defensless poeple to brutalize. Beaurocrats always think that the people are lost without their brains and stewardship leading the helpless sheeple. Police Chiefs are worst.

markm

Arrow Got Locked before

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBofRAdvocate View Post
    Hey Dale,

Good article.

In a police state, it is best for the people not to be armed. Police are afraid of people who can fight back; police need defensless poeple to brutalize. Beaurocrats always think that the people are lost without their brains and stewardship leading the helpless sheeple. Police Chiefs are worst.

markm
    Howdy, maybe not, http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1593020

For all those that question the integrity and or loyalty to Open Carry, you have never been to the Capitol with him. You have never been to any of many open carry events, or seen the countless hours each week he puts forth for us.

HE lives and breaths for us to be able to carry.

The reason he does not chat here often is because he is busy DOING behind the senses stuff to help us. To help all gun rights in CA.

I will say this once, and only once. For those that do not like Chau posted his articles here.

GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND DO HALF AS MUCH AS HE DOES, THEN WE WILL TALK.

Yes, he writes for the Examiner, he was asked to write for them by Mike. That is just one of the ways he can help us get the message out to the people that do not belong to this site. That do not belong to any of the OC groups on Facebook.

Thank you Mark.
    Good to see that your still around.

Centurion

Should LEO's be the only ones armed in public?

HELL NO!

I hope my response wasn't too wordy or hard to understand!

Howdy Folks!
    When only the cops are armed, we are no longer citizens, but subjects.
    I actually took time to read the entire article provided in the OP.
    All I can say is wow. Is there really any question about whether citizens should be armed?

Here in Colorado, we can exercise our right to open carry. My pistol is ever on my side, and the mag always full and the chamber never empty.
    We don't have gunfights on the streets and it ain't the wild west around these parts. Our LEOs and LEAs (for the most part) recognize our rights and do not abuse us.

I wish the same for California. I'd love to visit California one day, but am not inclined to visit without proper means of self defense.
    One of these days, Californians will rise up to demand their rights under the Constitution, and they'll win them.
    But until that day, I'm perfectly content to enjoy my rights here in Colorado and other western states where my permit, if not my basic uninalienable rights, are recognized.

Come on California... get yourself a taste of liberty and secure your rights.
    I'm sure you're fighting the good fight. But until there is freedom for everyone in California, it remains a place I'd love to visit, but wouldn't want to live there!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Even if it were possible to wave a magic wand & make all guns not owned by LEAs or the military disappear,
    I'd still say it would not be good for only LEOs to be armed.
    That way lies far far too much state control over subjects.

Now if that magic wand would disarm only people with bad intent, THAT is something I could agree with.

Be interesting to see how many elected reps suddenly find their safe or pocket empty,
    and how many LEOs of whatever flavor are left trying to explain to their department that no, they're not drunk or using confiscated illegal substances stolen from the property room, their weapon really did just disappear out of the holster.