• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Message about GPal from County of Sonoma DA

Onnie

Received this in the mail today

gpal.jpg
gpal.jpg

Last edited:

Onnie

Who has the money then? The cc processing companies? How come the money has not been either returned to the card holders or forwarded onto the intended recipients?

if i understand what the prosecutor is saying its the Credit card companies who started the problem by taking an absorbent amount of money in fees and processing charges causing basically an money flow shortage for gun pal. Plus the fact that the person in charge has little to no experience in financial matters compounded the problem by not being able to properly keep enough money flowing to the customers.

in 2005 I had a merchant account with a bank out of North Dakota. I had the account from 2000.

One month I opened my statement and noticed that I OWED them 350.00 for the last 30 days of transactions. Problem was I only took in 75.00 in sales (a very slow month)

they hit me with every fee they could find to charge me with. I had never noticed this before because up until this point my web business was doing good and to be honest and the charges seemed to go along with what I was bring in.

I immediately cancelled the account. I lost money, the bank kept all my money, I never seen a penny, but the web business brought in enough money, that I was still able to send out my product to those who had paid for it.

I went to paypal and have never had a problem since.

his problem is he cant get you the product, which is donated money the banks are apparently keeping.

I doubt we will ever see any of it.

sue them sure, but if the company shuts down, you get a judgement and that's about it

\I don't see gun pal around much longer, Id never use them again

Last edited:

TheQ

Those guys who did the charge backs to get their money back out -- who were they again?

They don't seem so stupid or anti-cause now. Their money actually reached its destination, I think.

Onnie

Those guys who did the charge backs to get their money back out -- who were they again?

They don't seem so stupid or anti-cause now. Their money actually reached its destination, I think.

I was one, but the uproar and flack i got over it, i stopped the request with my bank, I am and so is MOC out 30 bucks towards the defense fund. I don't believe we will ever see a penny of that money.

As Ernie would say......"its Long gone......"

TheQ

I was one, but the uproar and flack i got over it, i stopped the request with my bank, I am and so is MOC out 30 bucks towards the defense fund. I don't believe we will ever see a penny of that money.

As Ernie would say......"its Long gone......"

I was the other. I paid $130 to MOC directly to make up for the charge back plus my original donation. MOC now has $130 more in the legal fund because the $30 they were charged for the chargeback has been offset by the massive amount that was stolen/lost.

scot623

At this point it is a VERY generous and patient MOC member who is out $2500. He covered the loss out of his own pocket. It's all our hope GPal will pay out so he can recover his money.