• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open-carry puts Auburn shoppers on edge

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It was discussed above for MOCA to have a presence at the Balloon Festival.

Understand, will leave the post on thread.

Did anyone from MOCA attend? Yourself perhaps? Missed a good opportunity if not - shouldn't let these events slip away, the are high visibility and offer a great chance to educate the general public about OC and RKBA.

Maine CWP Training

Not sure if MOCA will be there as an organization. I am packing to represent the NRA and Maine CWP Training at the Augusta Armory tomorrow and have range exercises on Sunday at Western Maine Fish & Game.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not sure if MOCA will be there as an organization. I am packing to represent the NRA and Maine CWP Training at the Augusta Armory tomorrow and have range exercises on Sunday at Western Maine Fish & Game.

Any reason for you to not promote MOCA at the same time?

Maine CWP Training

I have written permission from the Chief of the Capitol Police for an unloaded .308 Ruger Gunsight Rifle to be raffled of as firearms are strictly prohibited on properties owned, leased under the control of the State of Maine in Augusta.
RULE

Attempted to repeal it but it failed in the Senate. PUBLIC LAW CHAPTER 394 did make some headway.

Concealed and OC are prohibited at the Augusta Armory as if falls under the aforementioned rule.

WGME reporting 100,000 expected to attend the Balloon Festival!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have written permission from the Chief of the Capitol Police for an unloaded .308 Ruger Gunsight Rifle to be raffled of as firearms are strictly prohibited on properties owned, leased under the control of the State of Maine in Augusta.
RULE

Attempted to repeal it but it failed in the Senate. PUBLIC LAW CHAPTER 394 did make some headway.

Concealed and OC are prohibited at the Augusta Armory as if falls under the aforementioned rule.

WGME reporting 100,000 expected to attend the Balloon Festival!

Understand your points, but what does any of that have to do with promoting MOCA by word, literature and deed. You will have a captive audience it would seem and MOCA needs your support.

Maine CWP Training

I do discuss OC when the opportunity arises. Bare in mind I was asked to represent the NRA and Maine CWP Training by Beast Feast Maine in October 2010 and my plate is already overflowing. I am provided an 8' table where I could fill up a 20'x20' area with the material I have now.

Shane should solicit space for 2012 if he desires to have MOCA represented.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I do discuss OC when the opportunity arises. Bare in mind I was asked to represent the NRA and Maine CWP Training by Beast Feast Maine in October 2010 and my plate is already overflowing. I am provided an 8' table where I could fill up a 20'x20' area with the material I have now.

Shane should solicit space for 2012 if he desires to have MOCA represented.

It's a shame he has to carry the ball by himself - many hands do make light work. Oh well, we all have our priorities.

carry for myself

wow. thats all i can say.........this article is horse doo. what is the author talking about a CCW holder shooting an OC'er? that would NEVER happen........in order to have a CCW you need to take a CCW course, which outlines when it is acceptable to draw.........wich does NOT include on a man with a legally carried HOLSTERED weapon.....

i think the person who wrote this piece of garbage is the same guy we all encounter while out and about who believes our weapon is just going to spontaniously "jump" out of the holster and randomly shoot people...........hey guy! if my gun shoots people your pencil mis-spells words...........ugh..

matthewg123

wow. thats all i can say.........this article is horse doo. what is the author talking about a CCW holder shooting an OC'er? that would NEVER happen........in order to have a CCW you need to take a CCW course, which outlines when it is acceptable to draw.........wich does NOT include on a man with a legally carried HOLSTERED weapon.....

i think the person who wrote this piece of garbage is the same guy we all encounter while out and about who believes our weapon is just going to spontaniously "jump" out of the holster and randomly shoot people...........hey guy! if my gun shoots people your pencil mis-spells words...........ugh..

link?

PWC_Glock

It's a shame he has to carry the ball by himself - many hands do make light work. Oh well, we all have our priorities.

I grew up in the Congress/Brighton Stevens Ave/St John street area. And I could not agree more. One of many reasons I moved to Virginia.

Heck I provided back office support for the current DA's campaign 20+ years ago

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Link to what? The original article is referenced in the OP.

There is no other publication quoted nor statute law quoted.

"CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc. "
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules