Thread: Two Democrats Face Recall Today, 16 August, 2011. Vote If You Can!

Centurion

Two Democrats Face Recall Today, 16 August, 2011. Vote If You Can!

Kim Simac of Eagle River Wisconsin is running against one of the Democrats who fled the state to keep Wisconsin in the red and avoid the budget bill.

http://www.kimsimacforstatesenate.com/

Jonathan Steitz of Kenosha, Wisconsin is running agains the other Democrat who is up for recall.

http://www.steitzforsenate.com/

Today is the election. The polls are probably open. Please vote if you can!

While I'm for recalling the 14 senators who ran away and committed a felony (946.12), I have no idea what this has to do with carrying or self defense.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thumbs up Johnathan Steitz Supports Constitutional Carry!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    While I'm for recalling the 14 senators who ran away and committed a felony (946.12), I have no idea what this has to do with carrying or self defense.

That's the best I can do for justification. I WILL be voting for Mr. Steitz this morning and I am sure Handy and Oak will be there too.

Carry On!

Link for statute 946.12: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...es/946/II/12/1
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 08-16-2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: grammar
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

We still have legislation to get through and the way it is now, either the Dems or the Reps have the voting majority depending on which way Sen. Schultz votes, so taking back atleast on seat would give us a greater majority and a better chance at future 2A and Self Defense legislation. There are things in ACT 35 that need to be fixed and AB69 won't make it to the floor until Sept.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    We still have legislation to get through and the way it is now, either the Dems or the Reps have the voting majority depending on which way Sen. Schultz votes, so taking back atleast on seat would give us a greater majority and a better chance at future 2A and Self Defense legislation. There are things in ACT 35 that need to be fixed and AB69 won't make it to the floor until Sept.
    I live in the 17th district as well and am quite sick of Schultz. Anybody want to vote for Brass Magnet for Senate?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Exclamation Wow...Large Lines At The Polls This Morning! Get Out And Vote People!

I was there early and there were already two lines of about 35 people each.

When I cast my ballot I was number 158. This is the largest turnout I have seen to date in the four and a half years I have been living in Wisconsin.

It would be nice to get Wirch out of there and put Steitz in. Oh, the look on my neighbors faces would be priceless if we get rid of Wirch.

Carry On!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Although Wirch voted for CC he is totally against Constitutional Carry. By discussing him here we are making his opposing views known. By voting him out we are supporting our interests and looking ahead to Constitutional Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post

It would be nice to get Wirch out of there and put Steitz in. Oh, the look on my neighbors faces would be priceless if we get rid of Wirch.
    I agree but all I see around here are Wirch yard signs. We can only hope!

Update: I was 350-something at about 1:00. There was a small line so that's a good thing. At least people are voting.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 08-16-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Voted in Silver Lake WI about 5:45 PM..was # 570 ...real small town...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    State Senate District 12
    4% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
    Jim Holperin (D / Inc.) 444 56%

Kim Simac (R) 350 44%

State Senate District 22
    4% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
    Jonathan Steitz (R) 1,768 53%

Bob Wirch (D / Inc.) 1,555 47%

as of 830 pm but i dont know when wkow refreshed this info
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

UPDATE 8:32 p.m. — Racine County reporting some returns. Overall count now Steitz 5229; Wirch 4071.

UPDATE 8:35 p.m. — One more poll reporting. Steitz holds about same percentage margin over Wirch — 56% to 44%.

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

Don't screw with my emotions Outdoorsman1.

Are you sure?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

As of the 8:13 pm update with 37 of 166 precincts reporting the tally is Jim Holperin 52 percent (3,774 votes) and Kim Simac 48 percent (3,433 votes).
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Off Steitz's facebook page:

26% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
    Jonathan Steitz (R)10,87251%
    Sen. Bob Wirch (D)10,50749%

Man this is too close.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Well, it's still 17-16.

We will kick their ass in the next regular elelction, just like we did in the last.

Bummer for you guys! :-( I hope you can regain some seats in November. Sounds like it was really close.

The official story and some background for those who don't know here.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Don't screw with my emotions Outdoorsman1.

Are you sure?
    Yep...(at the time) my post was copied and pasted from here....

http://www.westofthei.com

Same site offers step by step updates AFTER my post that shows... well you know...

Moot point now...as the site has video of "his" victory speech....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 08-17-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Outdoorsman1

10-4 Outdoorsman1.

Not surprised at the outcome. Kenosha is a suburb of Chicago. No reason to expect the idiots here to vote any differently than they do in IL. In IL they reward the worst by voting for them. That's how we have two Governors sitting side by side in jail.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

10-4 Outdoorsman1.

Not surprised at the outcome. Kenosha is a suburb of Chicago. No reason to expect the idiots here to vote any differently than they do in IL. In IL they reward the worst by voting for them. That's how we have two Governors sitting side by side in jail.
    Yep....

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Although Wirch voted for CC he is totally against Constitutional Carry. By discussing him here we are making his opposing views known. By voting him out we are supporting our interests and looking ahead to Constitutional Carry.

Being from the other end of the State, all I know about Wirch is he's one of the handful of Dems that has always voted in favor of (shall-issue) concealed carry... going back to Doyle days.

OTOH, I know both Kim Simac and Jim Holperin on a first name basis. I've known both for more than a decade. The only thing I don't like about Holperin, is the "D" after his name, and the fact that he sided with the other "Ds" in fleeing to ILL. For that reason, I voted for Kim.

I'm not ashamed to admit that even though I voted for Kim Simac this time, I did vote for Holperin when he got elected back in 2008, just as I voted for his predecessor Roger Breske (who, BTW, was the only Dem Senator to co-sponsor both PPAs that Doyle vetoed). Holperin has always stood up for gun rights. Always. He does support constitutional carry (he was an original co-sponsor of the original SB93), just as he told me he would back in '08 before he got elected.

FWIW... I'm 61 yrs old, and have voted in every election since 1972. As far as I can recall, Breske and Holperin were the ONLY Dems I've ever voted for in all that time, and I did so ONLY because they bucked the "D" party line and stood up for CC.
    Last edited by safcrkr; 09-02-2011 at 02:53 PM.