• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two Democrats Face Recall Today, 16 August, 2011. Vote If You Can!

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Kim Simac of Eagle River Wisconsin is running against one of the Democrats who fled the state to keep Wisconsin in the red and avoid the budget bill.

http://www.kimsimacforstatesenate.com/

Jonathan Steitz of Kenosha, Wisconsin is running agains the other Democrat who is up for recall.

http://www.steitzforsenate.com/

Today is the election. The polls are probably open. Please vote if you can!

protias

While I'm for recalling the 14 senators who ran away and committed a felony (946.12), I have no idea what this has to do with carrying or self defense.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Johnathan Steitz Supports Constitutional Carry!

While I'm for recalling the 14 senators who ran away and committed a felony (946.12), I have no idea what this has to do with carrying or self defense.

That's the best I can do for justification. I WILL be voting for Mr. Steitz this morning and I am sure Handy and Oak will be there too.

Carry On!

Link for statute 946.12: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/946/II/12/1

Last edited:

santana

The larger the majority is in the Senate obviously makes it easier to pass future bills pertaining to the carrying of weapons or self defense. Gaining one or two seats is important.

BROKENSPROKET

We still have legislation to get through and the way it is now, either the Dems or the Reps have the voting majority depending on which way Sen. Schultz votes, so taking back atleast on seat would give us a greater majority and a better chance at future 2A and Self Defense legislation. There are things in ACT 35 that need to be fixed and AB69 won't make it to the floor until Sept.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
We still have legislation to get through and the way it is now, either the Dems or the Reps have the voting majority depending on which way Sen. Schultz votes, so taking back atleast on seat would give us a greater majority and a better chance at future 2A and Self Defense legislation. There are things in ACT 35 that need to be fixed and AB69 won't make it to the floor until Sept.

I live in the 17th district as well and am quite sick of Schultz. Anybody want to vote for Brass Magnet for Senate? :lol:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Wow...Large Lines At The Polls This Morning! Get Out And Vote People!

I was there early and there were already two lines of about 35 people each.

When I cast my ballot I was number 158. This is the largest turnout I have seen to date in the four and a half years I have been living in Wisconsin.

It would be nice to get Wirch out of there and put Steitz in. Oh, the look on my neighbors faces would be priceless if we get rid of Wirch.

Carry On!

HandyHamlet

Although Wirch voted for CC he is totally against Constitutional Carry. By discussing him here we are making his opposing views known. By voting him out we are supporting our interests and looking ahead to Constitutional Carry.

It would be nice to get Wirch out of there and put Steitz in. Oh, the look on my neighbors faces would be priceless if we get rid of Wirch.

I agree but all I see around here are Wirch yard signs. We can only hope!

Update: I was 350-something at about 1:00. There was a small line so that's a good thing. At least people are voting.

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

State Senate District 12
4% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
Jim Holperin (D / Inc.) 444 56%

Kim Simac (R) 350 44%

State Senate District 22
4% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
Jonathan Steitz (R) 1,768 53%

Bob Wirch (D / Inc.) 1,555 47%

as of 830 pm but i dont know when wkow refreshed this info

Outdoorsman1

UPDATE 8:32 p.m. — Racine County reporting some returns. Overall count now Steitz 5229; Wirch 4071.

UPDATE 8:35 p.m. — One more poll reporting. Steitz holds about same percentage margin over Wirch — 56% to 44%.

Outdoorsman1

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
As of the 8:13 pm update with 37 of 166 precincts reporting the tally is Jim Holperin 52 percent (3,774 votes) and Kim Simac 48 percent (3,433 votes).

HandyHamlet

Off Steitz's facebook page:

26% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
Jonathan Steitz (R)10,87251%
Sen. Bob Wirch (D)10,50749%

Man this is too close.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Bummer for you guys! :-( I hope you can regain some seats in November. Sounds like it was really close.

The official story and some background for those who don't know here.

HandyHamlet

10-4 Outdoorsman1.

Not surprised at the outcome. Kenosha is a suburb of Chicago. No reason to expect the idiots here to vote any differently than they do in IL. In IL they reward the worst by voting for them. That's how we have two Governors sitting side by side in jail.

Outdoorsman1

10-4 Outdoorsman1.

Not surprised at the outcome. Kenosha is a suburb of Chicago. No reason to expect the idiots here to vote any differently than they do in IL. In IL they reward the worst by voting for them. That's how we have two Governors sitting side by side in jail.

Yep....

Outdoorsman1

safcrkr

Although Wirch voted for CC he is totally against Constitutional Carry. By discussing him here we are making his opposing views known. By voting him out we are supporting our interests and looking ahead to Constitutional Carry.

Being from the other end of the State, all I know about Wirch is he's one of the handful of Dems that has always voted in favor of (shall-issue) concealed carry... going back to Doyle days.

OTOH, I know both Kim Simac and Jim Holperin on a first name basis. I've known both for more than a decade. The only thing I don't like about Holperin, is the "D" after his name, and the fact that he sided with the other "Ds" in fleeing to ILL. For that reason, I voted for Kim.

I'm not ashamed to admit that even though I voted for Kim Simac this time, I did vote for Holperin when he got elected back in 2008, just as I voted for his predecessor Roger Breske (who, BTW, was the only Dem Senator to co-sponsor both PPAs that Doyle vetoed). Holperin has always stood up for gun rights. Always. He does support constitutional carry (he was an original co-sponsor of the original SB93), just as he told me he would back in '08 before he got elected.

FWIW... I'm 61 yrs old, and have voted in every election since 1972. As far as I can recall, Breske and Holperin were the ONLY Dems I've ever voted for in all that time, and I did so ONLY because they bucked the "D" party line and stood up for CC.

Last edited: