• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks chief says no more money to politicians!

Dave Workman

Remember that company that DIDN'T shut its doors last year to the OC movement?
Their boss is making headlines again:

Starbucks CEO declares financial war on politicians

Northwest gun rights activists looking for a way to get the attention of politicians might follow the lead of Howard Schultz, CEO of the Seattle-based Starbucks Coffee, which last year stood up to anti-gun demagoguery by not barring armed customers from its shops around the country.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/starbucks-ceo-declares-financial-war-on-politicians

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I agree with his idea in regards to giving money to current politicians. I will continue to give money to potential future polititians who support my right to carry how I choose.

Lovenox

I agree with his idea in regards to giving money to current politicians. I will continue to give money to potential future polititians who support my right to carry how I choose.

I thought the same but I have to take the total package when making an assessment of the candidate. Supporting the right to carry is a keystone for me, however, if he opposes ten other things that I mark with high regards then perhaps he isn't the choice for me. He has to be multi-deminsional in regards to rights.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I thought the same but I have to take the total package when making an assessment of the candidate. Supporting the right to carry is a keystone for me, however, if he opposes ten other things that I mark with high regards then perhaps he isn't the choice for me. He has to be multi-deminsional in regards to rights.

Of course, I didn't mean to imply that it was the only issue I care about. Just one of the major ones.

amlevin

I will continue to give money to potential future polititians who support my right to carry how I choose.

How can you be sure they really support your rights? Because they say so? All to many profess to be in favor of the 2nd amendment but once they get your money, vote, and get into the office they were running for, things change in a hurry.

They all hope that people have the traditional "short memory".

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
How can you be sure they really support your rights? Because they say so? All to many profess to be in favor of the 2nd amendment but once they get your money, vote, and get into the office they were running for, things change in a hurry.

They all hope that people have the traditional "short memory".

Good point indeed. We'd be hard pressed to be worse off than we already are. 16% Congress approval rating, 95% re-election rate. Guess I I'm looking for "Yes We Can!" and "Change!" Dammit I forgot where those got us. Most of the folks I am interested in have some kind of voting record on the state or local levels. If not, I'll give the noobs one and only chance to prove themselves.

amlevin

Most of the folks I am interested in have some kind of voting record on the state or local levels.

Even so, they are all prostitutes and will sell their vote to the highest bidder. Such is the world of politics. Those who supported "your" rights in State and Local government will be "counseled" by the establishment leaders when they arrive in Congress. The advice will be simple, go along or nothing you propose will ever see the light of day.

The "Change" I am hoping for is a complete turnover of all those long term Senators and Representatives. The longer they stay in Washington DC the less they represent us. A fresh batch every 6 years would be great. Then, they would actually be able to do OUR business rather than all that fund raising for their reelection.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Even so, they are all prostitutes and will sell their vote to the highest bidder. Such is the world of politics. Those who supported "your" rights in State and Local government will be "counseled" by the establishment leaders when they arrive in Congress. The advice will be simple, go along or nothing you propose will ever see the light of day.

The "Change" I am hoping for is a complete turnover of all those long term Senators and Representatives. The longer they stay in Washington DC the less they represent us. A fresh batch every 6 years would be great. Then, they would actually be able to do OUR business rather than all that fund raising for their reelection.

I would definitely support term limits for all members of Congress. Obviously, we can't depend on voters to get the bad ones out.