Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO Interaction...

LEO Interaction...

So...Today I pull into a convenience store in Alma just as the Chief of Police pulls his nice black shiny new Dodge Charger RT into a parking spot near by. I pull out my shiny full size 1911 out of the case in plain view of said officer, load a mag, rack the slide and holster it. He looks over at me, smiles and waves, says; "your lights are on." Continues on into the store.

I liked that.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    So...Today I pull into a convenience store in Alma just as the Chief of Police pulls his nice black shiny new Dodge Charger RT into a parking spot near by. I pull out my shiny full size 1911 out of the case in plain view of said officer, load a mag, rack the slide and holster it. He looks over at me, smiles and waves, says; "your lights are on." Continues on into the store.

I liked that.
    Nice!!! That's the way it should go!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Crazy to think that your actions there would have you zip tied and treated like a terrorist in another corner of the country.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

I liked that.
    You are lucky I missed my keyboard. I was expecting something bad. I started laughing so hard.

I know what that's like in my county, but I don't know if I would expect that YOUR county. Yah, it's YOUR county.

McX
    your lights are on.............love it...i would have said; not yet, racked one, and then said': yep, now they're on heh-heh. glad to see a good encounter.
    Last edited by McX; 08-16-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelllllllllllllllllllllling

You shouldn't leave your headlights on! That'll drain your battery. Good thing the officer was there to let you know so you didn't get stuck.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    cant ask for anything more well maybe a HHHMMMM....
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

It nice to know that after Nov. 1st that you will not have to go to the trouble of uncasing it and loading it.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    It nice to know that after Nov. 1st that you will not have to go to the trouble of uncasing it and loading it.

amen to that
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

That's pretty much the way it should go.
    You're not doing anything wrong, the Nice Officer is friendly & helpful.

After the burglary, I sent a nice letter to Chief Flynn commending the officer who came to my house for his calm almost non-reaction to my being armed.
    ("Is that a pistol?" Yes. "Oh. Just making sure.")

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz
    Crazy to think that your actions there would have you zip tied and treated like a terrorist in another corner of the country.
    Heck, other parts of the state! (Madistan, Killwaukee...)

I liked that.
    That's awesome! Glad to hear it went well

Wink Lights...

If you have a new(er) Charger then the lights shouldn't matter. They should have Auto-Off...

Was there something else going on..??

Quote Originally Posted by Lthrnck View Post
    If you have a new(er) Charger then the lights shouldn't matter. They should have Auto-Off...

Was there something else going on..??
    hardballer does not drive a Charger. The Charger was a police vehicle.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias
    hardballer does not drive a Charger. The Charger was a police vehicle.
    Oh, dear! Don't drive anything that could possibly be mistaken for a police car.
    Joseph can tell us all about that...

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Oh, dear! Don't drive anything that could possibly be mistaken for a police car.
    I'm lost. Could you point me in the right direction so I can figure out what that is referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow62988 View Post
    I'm lost. Could you point me in the right direction so I can figure out what that is referring to?
    So, you don't know about the incedent that sparked the large Open Carry Protest at State Patrol Headquarters in Waukesha County?

I am sure some could dig up that thread if it's not on the old website.

I drive whatever I can afford and will do to it what I please. This is America is it not? Last I check, we live free no matter how much they want to infringe upon our lives, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow62988 View Post
    Watch the video and then read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    So, you don't know about the incedent that sparked the large Open Carry Protest at State Patrol Headquarters in Waukesha County?

I am sure some could dig up that thread if it's not on the old website.
    It took me a while, but I found the thread and updated it in my video.

I don't see the link to the thread.

Too cool. Thank you Hardballer, you represent us well.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I don't see the link to the thread.
    If you click on the video, it takes you to the YouTube page. Hit the "Show More" bar, which leads you to http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ce-interaction

No car pics in that thread... post'em here?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    No car pics in that thread... post'em here?

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If you click on the video, it takes you to the YouTube page. Hit the "Show More" bar, which leads you to http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ce-interaction
    I see, I didn't go to YouTube the first time. I just watched in the post.

I see, I didn't go to YouTube the first time. I just watched in the post.
    Quit slacking off!

("Is that a pistol?" Yes. "Oh. Just making sure.")
    With those amazing powers of observation he'll be sure to make detective in no time.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast