Thread: Stopped by The Big Rapids Library Today...

Stopped by The Big Rapids Library Today...

To ALL Whom it May Concern:

I Stopped by The Big Rapids Library Today to Inquire about as to whether or not They are Continuing to Enforce Their Preempted Firearms Policy.

They Told Me that Michigan Codified Law 123.1102 Stopped Them from Enforcing any such Policy as to Firearms, but that They would Continue to Enforce The NO WEAPONS Policy for all other Non-Firearm Weapons.

Success!

aadvark

so, they will not allow a folding knife under 3"? we need a knife preemption.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    To ALL Whom it May Concern:

I Stopped by The Big Rapids Library Today to Inquire about as to whether or not They are Continuing to Enforce Their Preempted Firearms Policy.

They Told Me that Michigan Codified Law 123.1102 Stopped Them from Enforcing any such Policy as to Firearms, but that They would Continue to Enforce The NO WEAPONS Policy for all other Non-Firearm Weapons.

Success!

aadvark
    Good work!

And another unit of government is required to stop violating the law........ as it should be for all units of government from dogcatcher to President.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 08-16-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Nicely Done! Kudos!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricianLU58 View Post
    so, they will not allow a folding knife under 3"? we need a knife preemption.
    where did you read that?

the op indicated the libraries only prohibit weapons. I don't know what kind of pocketknife you carry, but mine is not a weapon.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

mine is not a weapon either. i never go anywhere without it.

Banned
    good news.

I'll have to admit, when I saw the thread title, I thought, "Great, here we go again".