Thread: Obama Administration Resorts to Mob Tactics

Obama Administration Resorts to Mob Tactics

http://townhall.com/columnists/wayne...to_mob_tactics

Obama Administration Resorts to Mob Tactics

There’s your busted windshield, Mr. Law-Abiding American Gun Owner. Now the Obama administration expects you to surrender your gun rights so something like this never happens again.

BATFEIEIO " forced American gun shops to illegally sell guns to people they knew would cross the border and put those guns in the hands of violent Mexican drug lords"?

I was under the understanding that they merely told FFLs to disregard suspicions that sales were not kosher, not that they overtly compelled FFLs to complete sales that failed the NICS check. Did I miss something? If so, could you point out what/where/when, please?

No, the above comments are not directed specifically at the OP but at the author of the article. They are directed at the OP for suggesting that the article's author is correct.

And just for giggles and grins, please tell me how BATFEIEIO would "compel" a FFL to make a sale.

Yeah, there are lots of reasons to think these guns that got "walked" across the border were allowed to get there for purposes that had nothing to do with busting drug cartels. As Yogi is supposed to have said, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    And just for giggles and grins, please tell me how BATFEIEIO would "compel" a FFL to make a sale.

By threatening to pull their FFL certifications if they didn't comply, or went public with their actions.

And apparently it worked...

And it has also come out that BATFE, FBI, and DEA have also been involved in HAND-DELIVERING firearms to cartels in Miami and other East Coast cities as part of F&F.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 08-18-2011 at 01:37 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    BATFEIEIO " forced American gun shops to illegally sell guns to people they knew would cross the border and put those guns in the hands of violent Mexican drug lords"?

I was under the understanding that they merely told FFLs to disregard suspicions that sales were not kosher, not that they overtly compelled FFLs to complete sales that failed the NICS check. Did I miss something? If so, could you point out what/where/when, please?

No, the above comments are not directed specifically at the OP but at the author of the article. They are directed at the OP for suggesting that the article's author is correct.

Yeah, there are lots of reasons to think these guns that got "walked" across the border were allowed to get there for purposes that had nothing to do with busting drug cartels. As Yogi is supposed to have said, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

stay safe.
    America's Watchtower which also details the involvement of the Washington Post with the Ops GunRunner and Fast&Furious

The Blaze which uses the words "express insistance of the ATF" ... and with a FFL at stake, you DO what the ATF tells you!

FoxNews Holder on the hotseat

there were many more when I googled "Gun store forced to sell guns under operation gun runner"
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Quote Originally Posted by okboomer View Post
    America's Watchtower which also details the involvement of the Washington Post with the Ops GunRunner and Fast&Furious

The Blaze which uses the words "express insistance of the ATF" ... and with a FFL at stake, you DO what the ATF tells you!

FoxNews Holder on the hotseat

there were many more when I googled "Gun store forced to sell guns under operation gun runner"
    If it flies and quacks chances are it's a duck. I think you have made your point quite well. To think some gun store owner is going to not do what the SS would like--when they hold the sword of his FFL over his head, is ridicules.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

This will be buried and Holder will get away with it. Obama will not even be mentioned as the culprit which we all know he is.