• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Administration Resorts to Mob Tactics

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
BATFEIEIO " forced American gun shops to illegally sell guns to people they knew would cross the border and put those guns in the hands of violent Mexican drug lords"?:uhoh:

I was under the understanding that they merely told FFLs to disregard suspicions that sales were not kosher, not that they overtly compelled FFLs to complete sales that failed the NICS check. Did I miss something? If so, could you point out what/where/when, please?

No, the above comments are not directed specifically at the OP but at the author of the article. They are directed at the OP for suggesting that the article's author is correct.

And just for giggles and grins, please tell me how BATFEIEIO would "compel" a FFL to make a sale.

Yeah, there are lots of reasons to think these guns that got "walked" across the border were allowed to get there for purposes that had nothing to do with busting drug cartels. As Yogi is supposed to have said, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

stay safe.

Dreamer

And just for giggles and grins, please tell me how BATFEIEIO would "compel" a FFL to make a sale.

By threatening to pull their FFL certifications if they didn't comply, or went public with their actions.

And apparently it worked...

And it has also come out that BATFE, FBI, and DEA have also been involved in HAND-DELIVERING firearms to cartels in Miami and other East Coast cities as part of F&F.

Last edited:

okboomer

BATFEIEIO " forced American gun shops to illegally sell guns to people they knew would cross the border and put those guns in the hands of violent Mexican drug lords"?:uhoh:

I was under the understanding that they merely told FFLs to disregard suspicions that sales were not kosher, not that they overtly compelled FFLs to complete sales that failed the NICS check. Did I miss something? If so, could you point out what/where/when, please?

No, the above comments are not directed specifically at the OP but at the author of the article. They are directed at the OP for suggesting that the article's author is correct.

Yeah, there are lots of reasons to think these guns that got "walked" across the border were allowed to get there for purposes that had nothing to do with busting drug cartels. As Yogi is supposed to have said, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

stay safe.

America's Watchtower which also details the involvement of the Washington Post with the Ops GunRunner and Fast&Furious

The Blaze which uses the words "express insistance of the ATF" ... and with a FFL at stake, you DO what the ATF tells you!

FoxNews Holder on the hotseat

there were many more when I googled "Gun store forced to sell guns under operation gun runner"

Gunslinger

America's Watchtower which also details the involvement of the Washington Post with the Ops GunRunner and Fast&Furious

The Blaze which uses the words "express insistance of the ATF" ... and with a FFL at stake, you DO what the ATF tells you!

FoxNews Holder on the hotseat

there were many more when I googled "Gun store forced to sell guns under operation gun runner"

If it flies and quacks chances are it's a duck. I think you have made your point quite well. To think some gun store owner is going to not do what the SS would like--when they hold the sword of his FFL over his head, is ridicules.