• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cabelas open carry?

bmwguy11

Anyone ever open carry at the cabelas in richfield, wi? Just wondering what their policy is. I tried a search on the forums, but unfortunately it lists threads and not individual posts so I couldn't find anything concrete. :(

I think I want to find a better OWB holster than the one I have for my glock 26. Preferably something kydex or hard/plastic. I do NOT want something with a finger release as I do not want to have to push down with my index finger as I draw from the holster. I suppose leather might work. Figured I'd swing out to cabelas and see what they have.

Last edited:

Motofixxer

I believe Cabela's was fine...but can't remember. No info on that exact store though.

You could look into the Safariland ALS series of holsters. They have a thumb release lever. Or 511 makes a line with a push down thumb activated, that I seen. Otherwise look at the Holsters and Accessories Sub-forum for ideas. There are a few in state leather makers too if you go that route.

littlewolf

OC freindly, Just that sometimes you have to remind the person at the door who tags firearms comming in for repair. Just because they work there doesn't mean they know store policy.

civilwarguy

They have a sign in the entryway that says its ok and i haven't had any problems if you get a hassle just walk them to the door and ask them to read the sign (politely of course)

civilwarguy

I hadn't seen it either till the last time i was in there. I did get some weird looks when i asked to see a gun in the case while open carrying the same caliber (not when asking to see other calibers) so just a heads up on that one.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I've never had a problem in there, and I'm in that store all the time.

Nick at the gun counter is very friendly, and very knowledgeable of the products on hand. If you're looking for a holster for your carry piece, I do recommend casing the gun. They'll pull the holsters out for you and verify with your gun if it'll work. But, of course, in a case with no ammo or spent shell casings.