• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC related, or "Dude, how much more do I reallllyyyy need to know about her?"

Fallschirjmäger

OC related, or "Dude, how much more do I reallllyyyy need to know about her?"

Reposted from my 'other home'.

As is my wont, I was openly carrying whilst procuring victuals, aka, grocery shopping for the week's food, and had no problems .... until I was out of the store and putting groceries in the back of Blubaru. Some younger gentleman with a cropped haircut was carrying a single grocery bag out after me and was apparently parked a few cars closer to the store than I was.

"Is that a gun?"
"Wha--, where?" I'm looking down at the right side of my belt. He points to the left side and starts again.
"On your belt, you can't carry a gun!"
"I'm pretty sure I can, it doesn't really weigh that much. Perhaps you meant I'm not permitted to carry a weapon? I'm licensed by the state of Georgia to carry deadly weapons." Yeah, I said 'deadly weapons', :), I figured it was going to get interesting.
"You have a license to carry concealed?"
"I have a license to carry weapons."
"I want to see it."
"I wanted a pony for my birthday. Are you a cop?"
"Uh... yeah! I am! And I want to see your license."
"And I wanted a pony for my birthday, we've been over that."
"I have a right to ask for your license."
"You have a right to Demand my license, if I'm doing a licensed activity, and if you suspect me of having recently committed a crime, currently committing a crime or if I'm about to commit a crime. Tell you what, if you ask nicely, 'please sir, may I see your permit?', I'll show it to you. Or, you can call for backup, shouldn't take long to get here at this time of day."
"May I see your license.... SIR?" There might, maybe a certain edge to his voice,... maybeeee.
He takes it, looks closely and asks "Is this your current address?"
"No, I think that's from about two moves ago. I haven't updated it."
"The law says you have 60 days to update your address. I'm not going to write you up, but I need to know where you live now. Where's your driver's license?"
"I'm not driving. When you pull me over on public highways, THEN I'll show you that. You just saw what I carry in my wallet, an ATM card and my weapons license."
"So where do you live Now?"
"Hmmm... I just moved in with my girlfriend, I think she lives somewhere in John's Creek... or Roswell, I'm not really sure."
"What's the address?"
"Not really sure, I just know how to get there. It's on my GPS though."
"You don't know the address of where you live? How do you get mail?"

Right about now, I'm thinking we either need to escalate or disengage, my ice cream's melting. "Dude," I looked slyly in both directions and then whispered conspiratorially, "she likes anal. I mean, c'mon how much more do I reaaaallly need to know about her?"
My GWL's thrust back into my hands and there are a few muttered words as he does a heel turn.
I'm trying to stifle a laugh as I get in the car. When I pull out of my parking space, I can see him in the car behind me. Believe it or not, he followed me up and down 9 lanes of parking........until I found a spot at the front of the lot where he was forced to pass on by.

There was a bit more to the conversation, mostly about 'needing' to cover things up, or needing to answer questions but that's the gist of things.

Yeah, I'm not totally sure he is/was an officer, or even a rentacop, or just someone with too tight of a haircut, who knows? And yes, there was actual ice cream; cookie dough ice cream, my personal fave. Oh, and yes, it was my current address, not that he needed to know. :roll:
As to that "other thing" I told the guy.... I'll never tell.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Uh...interesting story. Two questions. If you didn't know for sure who he was why did you continue to engage him instead of leaving? Why didn't you ask him for identification? Nice response about how much you need to know about your girlfriend. A little crude, but funny.

Fallschirjmäger

Uh...interesting story. Two questions. If you didn't know for sure who he was why did you continue to engage him instead of leaving? Why didn't you ask him for identification? Nice response about how much you need to know about your girlfriend. A little crude, but funny.

The answer to both questions is essentially that I didn't care who/what he was. Since I was not committing a crime and there was no crime for him to investigate he had no authority over me. If he was an officer, he could just pop out a badge and I could just tell him to arrest me, detain me or go pound sand. If he's just average Joe Schmuck, I can again... just go tell him to go pound sand.

What I said about my gf, or bf, or just my "life partner" (and now I really wish I had gone that direction instead), was just a good distraction.

Edit: When I said "...now I really wish I had gone that direction instead" what I Meant was in the Conversation, not 'gone that direction' in my sexual orientation!!
I just want to clear that up for a few of ya.

Last edited:

Ken56

funny......but not.

The story is quite funny in the respect of messing with the guy but not in respect to the fact that he said he was a LEO and never identified himself by showing a badge........thats impersonating an officer if he wasn't truely an officer, a very serious crime on his part. I would have busted his balls on it by calling the police myself on him. Anyone claiming to be a LEO better show me he really is or its game on for me. just sayin.

77zach

If your job is to be an enforcement drone, how do you not know the law? Or maybe he did know and wanted to make you think that you didn't. The aggressive attitude and tight haircut does imply some type of enforcement job. I would have asked for his credentials to complain to the department. Sounds like more people need to exercise their rights in northern Georgia. I come from a state that completely denies my 1st and 2nd amendment rights regarding OC and can't imagine squandering the opportunity of daily OC. I'll be northeast of Cumming tomorrow and through the weekend and plan on OCing everywhere. We'll see how it goes.

M

McX

Reposted from my 'other home'.

As is my wont, I was openly carrying whilst procuring victuals, aka, grocery shopping for the week's food, and had no problems .... until I was out of the store and putting groceries in the back of Blubaru. Some younger gentleman with a cropped haircut was carrying a single grocery bag out after me and was apparently parked a few cars closer to the store than I was.

"Is that a gun?"
"Wha--, where?" I'm looking down at the right side of my belt. He points to the left side and starts again.
"On your belt, you can't carry a gun!"
"I'm pretty sure I can, it doesn't really weigh that much. Perhaps you meant I'm not permitted to carry a weapon? I'm licensed by the state of Georgia to carry deadly weapons." Yeah, I said 'deadly weapons', :), I figured it was going to get interesting.
"You have a license to carry concealed?"
"I have a license to carry weapons."
"I want to see it."
"I wanted a pony for my birthday. Are you a cop?"
"Uh... yeah! I am! And I want to see your license."
"And I wanted a pony for my birthday, we've been over that."
"I have a right to ask for your license."
"You have a right to Demand my license, if I'm doing a licensed activity, and if you suspect me of having recently committed a crime, currently committing a crime or if I'm about to commit a crime. Tell you what, if you ask nicely, 'please sir, may I see your permit?', I'll show it to you. Or, you can call for backup, shouldn't take long to get here at this time of day."
"May I see your license.... SIR?" There might, maybe a certain edge to his voice,... maybeeee.
He takes it, looks closely and asks "Is this your current address?"
"No, I think that's from about two moves ago. I haven't updated it."
"The law says you have 60 days to update your address. I'm not going to write you up, but I need to know where you live now. Where's your driver's license?"
"I'm not driving. When you pull me over on public highways, THEN I'll show you that. You just saw what I carry in my wallet, an ATM card and my weapons license."
"So where do you live Now?"
"Hmmm... I just moved in with my girlfriend, I think she lives somewhere in John's Creek... or Roswell, I'm not really sure."
"What's the address?"
"Not really sure, I just know how to get there. It's on my GPS though."
"You don't know the address of where you live? How do you get mail?"

Right about now, I'm thinking we either need to escalate or disengage, my ice cream's melting. "Dude," I looked slyly in both directions and then whispered conspiratorially, "she likes anal. I mean, c'mon how much more do I reaaaallly need to know about her?"
My GWL's thrust back into my hands and there are a few muttered words as he does a heel turn.
I'm trying to stifle a laugh as I get in the car. When I pull out of my parking space, I can see him in the car behind me. Believe it or not, he followed me up and down 9 lanes of parking........until I found a spot at the front of the lot where he was forced to pass on by.

There was a bit more to the conversation, mostly about 'needing' to cover things up, or needing to answer questions but that's the gist of things.

Yeah, I'm not totally sure he is/was an officer, or even a rentacop, or just someone with too tight of a haircut, who knows? And yes, there was actual ice cream; cookie dough ice cream, my personal fave. Oh, and yes, it was my current address, not that he needed to know. :roll:
As to that "other thing" I told the guy.... I'll never tell.

teach the rule; DONT TALK TO THE COPS (or any asshat that portrays themselves as one)

77zach

Huge difference in LEO knowledge between your encounter and one I recently had.I was in Ga all last week and OCed everywhere without incident. In fact, I had what I think to be a pleasant encounter with 4 Georgia state patrol officers. Their cars were orange and blue, gator colors, lol. I was at a chik-fil-a in Perry and the only place to sit forced me to walk past them. One of them made eye contact with me and I nodded. I thought they might confront since I get the impression OC is not that common in Ga and a license is required ( I have a Fl CWFL). But they finished eating normally and left without giving me another thought.

101st Airborne Combat Vet

You do not have to update the address on you firearms license until you renew it. That is the law so the cop did not know wtf he was talking about.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

You do not have to update the address on you firearms license until you renew it. That is the law so the cop did not know wtf he was talking about.

I continue to have my doubts as to whether or not he was employed as an officer, in this or any other state. I didn't press the issue as I felt like being a smart-ass and his producing a badge wouldn't really have altered any of the statements I made. If he was an officer and Really thought I was violating any laws, there was more than ample time for a unit to respond while he followed me slowly around the Publix parking lot for 10 minutes.

HandyHamlet

I continue to have my doubts as to whether or not he was employed as an officer, in this or any other state.

But you gave him your card with your name and address on it. If he was not a cop he had no problem portraying one and following you around the parking lot. Now I appreciate messing with idiots, I really really do... But man (no pun intended) if that d*ck weed is not a cop you have placed yourself and your girl friend in a very dangerous situation. He knows her address as well. And I don't know why a cop not in uniform would not produce a badge unless he was a real tool. I'm hoping for the latter on this one.

:uhoh:

Ken56

I still say ......

you should asked for his ID and if he didn't produce it then called the po po on him. Now......what if it had been your girlfriend he approached and said " mam, I'm a LEO, (never producing ID)I think there may be a problem with your car........." and she willingly takes him to her car......... produces the keys and now she is missing. hummmmm....... suspect # 1 is you. This was a very serious situation and he commited a crime if he was not a LEO. Fun messing with him as it was......I would have called him on it.

DCR

His haircut was a dead giveaway -

It's been my career's experience that "high and tight" somehow constricts the brain. Next time, ignore them unless they're in uniform, and tell them to pound sand.