Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nov 1 meet up at the DOJ

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

nov 1 meet up at the DOJ

anyone have plans on meeting at the DOJ bright and early for their permits
    i will be there i will be coming from the mauston area if someone wants to carpool
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Possibly. It depends if they put up the forms before then or not. 3 days of a wait isn't going to bother me for mailing time honestly though.

I was under the impression you can only mail the forms in?
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 08-16-2011 at 09:40 PM.

From the DOJ FAQ...

How do I apply for a CCW license?

An individual may apply for a license by submitting, by mail, a completed application form...

That solves that issue

Maybe a call (later) to the actual DOJ office to ask if they will accept applicatons over the counter on Nov. 1 might be an idea... all they could say is either yes or no....

Just Sayin...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Here is my tentative plan.

Come down to Madistan on Halloween and get a room, bringing a laptop and printer.

Hawk the website for the application to be posted.

Print it and fill it out.

Seal it in an envelope and take it down to the Risser Justice Center, 17 West Main Street, in Madison, 53703 and drop it off.

IF they refuse to take it, I will put a stamp on it and walk to the US Post Office on 215 Martin Luther King Jr #101, Madison, WI 53703-3348 and it will get sorted and delivered by the very next day.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 08-17-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Here is my tentative plan.

Come down to Madistan on Halloween and get a room, bringing a laptop and printer.

Hawk the website for the application to be posted.

Print it and fill it out.

Seal it in an envelope and take it down to the Risser Justice Center, 17 West Main Street, in Madison, 53703 and drop it off.

IF they refuse to take it, I will put a stamp on it and walk to the US Post Office on 215 Martin Luther King Jr #101, Madison, WI 53703-3348 and it will get sorted and delivered by the very next day.
    Now there's a man with a plan.... So what will you be charging for blank copies of the application.... Whatever it is, put me down for one.... Just in case I will bring a stamp and an envelope...as well as a copy of my Utah State Permit (if i get it by then), check book,...and whatever else is needed to go with the application for approval...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

So much drama...

Why bother going through all this hoop jumping? I'm no expert, but I'd guess there is no "counter" at the department that does the permits. You'd probably just have to drop them off in the reception area, and it'll get routed to correct office eventually. Probably.

I'll just print it out, mail it in with my MD cert, and probably get mine about the same time as yours. Let the USPS burn the gas and time getting it there.

McX
    ofcourse, get pics, and buy me something nice while you are there!

They don't sell guns at the local level DOJ. If you want them to buy you a nice 1911 they would have to go see Holder and Obama.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    Why bother going through all this hoop jumping? I'm no expert, but I'd guess there is no "counter" at the department that does the permits. You'd probably just have to drop them off in the reception area, and it'll get routed to correct office eventually. Probably.

I'll just print it out, mail it in with my MD cert, and probably get mine about the same time as yours. Let the USPS burn the gas and time getting it there.
    If it were to just get my CWL ASAP, then I wouldn't bother. Maybe. But I am assuming that this will turn out to be a nice historical open carry get-together.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 08-17-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    If it were to just get my CWL ASAP, then I wouldn't bother. Maybe. But I am assuming that this will turn out to be a nice historical open carry get-together.
    wether they accept them there or in the mail i was thinking OC get together anyways
    SCOTT

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    wether they accept them there or in the mail i was thinking OC get together anyways
    ..and besides, I cannot think of a better town than Madistan to show off my Dash-Holster on the 1st day of November.

well i will look at it if your given away free looks
    SCOTT

I'll actually be a little content on Nov 1st since on that day I don't have to take my handgun off to get in my car to do things and go over to people's places.

I usually celebrate the 31st so when I wake up on the first it will be like a gift

So much drama...
    One man's drama is another man's adventure... or at the very least.... FUN.

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

i called the DOJ today and spoke to cindy she said they would allow permits to get dropped off at the office on nov 1 so my plans on being there bright and early are still on
    SCOTT

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET
    besides, I cannot think of a better town than Madistan to show off my Dash-Holster on the 1st day of November.
    Just be careful of the school zones... that still won't be marked.
    I couldn't drive from my house to the freeway carrying, because I KNOW I go past a school, but once on the freeway I'd be good to go.
    Another unintended consequence of the "GF"SZ law: holstering & un- in a moving car, or at traffic lights... I'll betcha that's sure to alarm someone, if not cause a ND!

01NOV is a Tuesday, so unless my schedule changes drastically I'm in for an as-they-open event.
    Find out what time, when you call to see if the forms will be available @ the counter / lobby.
    Maybe even breakfast afterwards.

And if we want to make it an OC to the door / empty holster inside event, I have a lock box we could put pistols in & leave a guard outside the door.
    But then the first people out have to stand guard while the first box guard goes in to file paperwork.
    Or maybe the people who go in can drop off all the envelopes & take pictures of the event.
    Hmmm... cameras... sounds like a good reason I should volunteer to watch the lock box!

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Meh....I'll just wear an empty holster. The Madistani will protect me.......
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Hmmm... cameras... sounds like a good reason I should volunteer to watch the lock box!
    I'd love to take a pic of you lording over the firearms. Maybe with the capital in the background...

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet
    I'd love to take a pic of you lording over the firearms. Maybe with the capital in the background...
    I'll think about it.
    Me with a box full of pistols & a big grin , with the Capitol in the background, on 01NOV11.

We could certainly take a stroll from the DOJ to pose the shot,
    & that might be a fun / historical / interesting enough reason to get me to hold still for a photo.
    (Last one was when we got me & 4 of the Madison 5 in the same room together.)

There would have to be a group picture outside the DOJ,
    & maybe in front of the Capitol, both with lots of pistols showing.

Yeah, sorry I missed that one. But, all 5 of us have only got together once since the incident. :-D I'm thinking ill be available for November 1st. Sounds like a good time.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

I'm in.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

An idea.

We take a picture fo everyone holding thier application and OC'ing.

Then one of us disarms and goes into drop off all the applicantions. Or we could disarm one at a time. Or we could call, say we are all armed and ask if they would be so kind to come to the door to take our applications(another photo op).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast