• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nov 1 meet up at the DOJ

oliverclotheshoff

anyone have plans on meeting at the DOJ bright and early for their permits
i will be there i will be coming from the mauston area if someone wants to carpool

Passive101

Possibly. It depends if they put up the forms before then or not. 3 days of a wait isn't going to bother me for mailing time honestly though.

markush

From the DOJ FAQ...

How do I apply for a CCW license?

An individual may apply for a license by submitting, by mail, a completed application form...

Outdoorsman1

Maybe a call (later) to the actual DOJ office to ask if they will accept applicatons over the counter on Nov. 1 might be an idea... all they could say is either yes or no....

Just Sayin...

Outdoorsman1

BROKENSPROKET

Here is my tentative plan.

Come down to Madistan on Halloween and get a room, bringing a laptop and printer.

Hawk the website for the application to be posted.

Print it and fill it out.

Seal it in an envelope and take it down to the Risser Justice Center, 17 West Main Street, in Madison, 53703 and drop it off.

IF they refuse to take it, I will put a stamp on it and walk to the US Post Office on 215 Martin Luther King Jr #101, Madison, WI 53703-3348 and it will get sorted and delivered by the very next day.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Here is my tentative plan.

Come down to Madistan on Halloween and get a room, bringing a laptop and printer.

Hawk the website for the application to be posted.

Print it and fill it out.

Seal it in an envelope and take it down to the Risser Justice Center, 17 West Main Street, in Madison, 53703 and drop it off.

IF they refuse to take it, I will put a stamp on it and walk to the US Post Office on 215 Martin Luther King Jr #101, Madison, WI 53703-3348 and it will get sorted and delivered by the very next day.

Now there's a man with a plan.... So what will you be charging for blank copies of the application.... Whatever it is, put me down for one.... Just in case I will bring a stamp and an envelope...as well as a copy of my Utah State Permit (if i get it by then), check book,...and whatever else is needed to go with the application for approval...

Outdoorsman1

rcav8r

So much drama...

Why bother going through all this hoop jumping? I'm no expert, but I'd guess there is no "counter" at the department that does the permits. You'd probably just have to drop them off in the reception area, and it'll get routed to correct office eventually. Probably.

I'll just print it out, mail it in with my MD cert, and probably get mine about the same time as yours. Let the USPS burn the gas and time getting it there.

M

McX

ofcourse, get pics, and buy me something nice while you are there!

HandyHamlet

They don't sell guns at the local level DOJ. If you want them to buy you a nice 1911 they would have to go see Holder and Obama.

BROKENSPROKET

Why bother going through all this hoop jumping? I'm no expert, but I'd guess there is no "counter" at the department that does the permits. You'd probably just have to drop them off in the reception area, and it'll get routed to correct office eventually. Probably.

I'll just print it out, mail it in with my MD cert, and probably get mine about the same time as yours. Let the USPS burn the gas and time getting it there.

If it were to just get my CWL ASAP, then I wouldn't bother. Maybe. But I am assuming that this will turn out to be a nice historical open carry get-together.

Last edited:

Passive101

I'll actually be a little content on Nov 1st since on that day I don't have to take my handgun off to get in my car to do things and go over to people's places.

I usually celebrate the 31st so when I wake up on the first it will be like a gift :)

oliverclotheshoff

i called the DOJ today and spoke to cindy she said they would allow permits to get dropped off at the office on nov 1 so my plans on being there bright and early are still on

MKEgal

BROKENSPROKET said:
besides, I cannot think of a better town than Madistan to show off my Dash-Holster on the 1st day of November. :D
Just be careful of the school zones... that still won't be marked. :(
I couldn't drive from my house to the freeway carrying, because I KNOW I go past a school, but once on the freeway I'd be good to go.
Another unintended consequence of the "GF"SZ law: holstering & un- in a moving car, or at traffic lights... I'll betcha that's sure to alarm someone, if not cause a ND!

01NOV is a Tuesday, so unless my schedule changes drastically I'm in for an as-they-open event.
Find out what time, when you call to see if the forms will be available @ the counter / lobby.
Maybe even breakfast afterwards.

And if we want to make it an OC to the door / empty holster inside event, I have a lock box we could put pistols in & leave a guard outside the door.
But then the first people out have to stand guard while the first box guard goes in to file paperwork.
Or maybe the people who go in can drop off all the envelopes & take pictures of the event.
Hmmm... cameras... sounds like a good reason I should volunteer to watch the lock box!