• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nov 1 meet up at the DOJ

MKEgal

HandyHamlet said:
I'd love to take a pic of you lording over the firearms. Maybe with the capital in the background...
:shocker: I'll think about it.
Me with a box full of pistols & a big grin :D, with the Capitol in the background, on 01NOV11.

We could certainly take a stroll from the DOJ to pose the shot,
& that might be a fun / historical / interesting enough reason to get me to hold still for a photo.
(Last one was when we got me & 4 of the Madison 5 in the same room together.)

There would have to be a group picture outside the DOJ,
& maybe in front of the Capitol, both with lots of pistols showing.
:monkey :banana:

Mlutz

Yeah, sorry I missed that one. But, all 5 of us have only got together once since the incident. :-D I'm thinking ill be available for November 1st. Sounds like a good time.

BROKENSPROKET

An idea.

We take a picture fo everyone holding thier application and OC'ing.

Then one of us disarms and goes into drop off all the applicantions. Or we could disarm one at a time. Or we could call, say we are all armed and ask if they would be so kind to come to the door to take our applications(another photo op).

Mlutz

Theoretically speaking... If we dropped them off that morning... We could get them that night... I mean, what's so hard about calling in a background check, and printing the card? It's wishful thinking... I know...

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Theoretically speaking... If we dropped them off that morning... We could get them that night... I mean, what's so hard about calling in a background check, and printing the card? It's wishful thinking... I know...
Wishful... thinking.... Hah-hah-hah -h-a-a-a-h!!!
2880cur.jpg

oliverclotheshoff

i agree with you 100% it shouldnt be to hard to aprove and print

BROKENSPROKET

i agree with you 100% it shouldnt be to hard to aprove and print

Initially , the DOJ Criminal Information Bureau is going to get swamped when they start coming in the mail. The Leg. gave them extra time in the beginning for this very reason. IF they are ready to go on 11/1/11, it should not take 45 days beut they have that incase the do. After that, the DOT will be making the CWL's, and I think that I heard that they are already subcontracing with a firm in CA to make DL's and ID's. This was from the DOT testifying at a Budget Hearing held by Joint Finance. That all DL's, ID's and CWL's will be produced in CA and then mailed to your residence in WI.

MKEgal

BROKENSPROKET said:
I like it.

Or we could call, say we are all armed and ask if they would be so kind to come to the door to take our applications (another photo op).
Probably wouldn't work to call from the door, but we have to have someone who knows someone over there.
I've seen a picture of Nik w/ JB. Any other connections we can lean on?

After all, it'd just mean coming out the door,
stepping in among the very scary lawfully-armed citizens,
holding still for a picture,
then carrying some paperwork back inside.
Heck, maybe there could be some capitol police or state troopers around the edges for color.

MKEgal

I met with someone tonight who is working w/ the DOJ to (try to) make sure that they don't break any federal laws while implementing our new cc law... Apparently there have already been quite a number of "no, really, you can't do that because it's against the law" type discussions. This does not give me more confidence in WI DOJ.

I explained about us wanting to do an in-person application drop off, plus maybe photo op, & he said he'd have to think about who to approach.
So we may have another contact.

He's also not sure that DOJ will actually be handling the applications; seems to think that they'll be contracted out to the DMV. :shocker: Have to keep checking up on that as it gets closer to time. Keep notes on who you talk to, title, phone, etc.

GlockRDH

Im wondering about the DLs and such that are being 'made' in Kalifornia...when i recently got a new one, my pic was taken, and a machine/printer 'made' it..came out all laminated and everything....Unless theres some part of the DL that requires a special manufacturing process, i dont see what the issue is nor why it needs to be made in KA.

BROKENSPROKET

I met with someone tonight who is working w/ the DOJ to (try to) make sure that they don't break any federal laws while implementing our new cc law... Apparently there have already been quite a number of "no, really, you can't do that because it's against the law" type discussions. This does not give me more confidence in WI DOJ.

I explained about us wanting to do an in-person application drop off, plus maybe photo op, & he said he'd have to think about who to approach.
So we may have another contact.

He's also not sure that DOJ will actually be handling the applications; seems to think that they'll be contracted out to the DMV. :shocker: Have to keep checking up on that as it gets closer to time. Keep notes on who you talk to, title, phone, etc.

The DOJ will be doing EVERYTHING, but the actual production of the CWL cards.

ETA: And I think Act 35 allowed, not mandated that they contract with DOT/DMV for the production of the CDL cards. These seemed logical because the DMV is already in the business of making cards, but I believe that the DOJ MAY go it on thier own or contract with someone else if they choose to. That is IIRC.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Im wondering about the DLs and such that are being 'made' in Kalifornia...when i recently got a new one, my pic was taken, and a machine/printer 'made' it..came out all laminated and everything....Unless theres some part of the DL that requires a special manufacturing process, i dont see what the issue is nor why it needs to be made in KA.

The DOT/DMV testified at the Budget Hearings for the Joint Finance Committee that this change was coming. They may not be outsourced yet.

I don't like the thought that anything with my information on it is made in another state. I don't like it and I don't trust. But it is SUPPOSED to be cheaper. That was the reason that they gave.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Copied and pasted from my post (#65) in the "WI DOJ Website Watch" Sticky...

As I now have my Utah Permit safely in my hand (actually I carry it in my wallet), I am thinking about making the trip to Madison on Nov. 1, That is, IF the applications will be available by then and IF they will be available in person at the DOJ office...

I am also thinking about getting there the day before to get a "good spot in line"... Of course, this all depends on IF the applicatins will be available in person and on Nov. 1... both of which seem to be in question.... go figure...:banghead:

Edited to add: For the record, I would probably opt out of any photo op... I gues it would depend on the totality of circumstances at the time...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I'll Mail My Application "CMRRR". Save Gas, Time & Wear & Tear On My Vehicle...

I'll mail my application with all the pertinent paperwork required and send it "Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested". It's cheaper and less time consuming and this way I can prove they received the letter. That's not to say that it still won't end up "lost".

I don't think it will make much difference if I dropped it off in person on the 1st of November or if it is received by the DOJ on the 2nd of November VIA USPS.

Outdoorsman1

I'll mail my application with all the pertinent paperwork required and send it "Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested". It's cheaper and less time consuming and this way I can prove they received the letter. That's not to say that it still won't end up "lost".

I don't think it will make much difference if I dropped it off in person on the 1st of November or if it is received by the DOJ on the 2nd of November VIA USPS.

I actually was going to do this as well.. (I mailed my Utah application by "Certified" mail)... but...
After having my Utah permit in hand, and now that Nov. 1st actually seem close, I am considering the trip for a number of reasons... My Top Ten List of Reasons For Going....

1.) Would be "Way Cool" to actually "be there" in a realativley "historic" event in the Wisconsin Carry movement
2.) I like to go on "adventures".
3.) Maybe actually be "one of the first" to get an application in and if they process in the order they receive then have one of the first permits mailed.. (sooner the better even if by a few days)...
4.) I like to go on adventures.
5.)My vehicle gets pretty good gas milage and per reason #1 and #7, I consider it a worth while investment.
6.) I like to go on adventures.
7.) I have a few vacation days left that I have to use by the end of the year.
8.) I like to go on adventures.
9.) Meet new people who might also be there for the same reason.
10.) I like to go on adventures.

Also I am thinking, all in all it would be a pretty cool adventure... as (hopefully) Nov. 1st will be the fist day loaded carry in a vehicle will be legal, so, if all goes well at the DOJ, the ride home will be AWESOME...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

I actually was going to this as well.. (I mailed my Utah application by "Certified" mail)... but...
After having my Utah permit in hand, and now that Nov. 1st actually seem close, I am considering the trip for a number of reasons... My Top Ten List of Reasons For Going....

1.) Would be "Way Cool" to actually "be there" in a realativley "historic" event in the Wisconsin Carry movement
2.) I like to go on "adventures".
3.) Maybe actually be "one of the first" to get an application in and if they process in the order they receive then have one of the first permits mailed.. (sooner the better even if by a few days)...
4.) I like to go on adventures.
5.)My vehicle gets pretty good gas milage and per reason #1 and #7, I consider it a worth while investment.
6.) I like to go on adventures.
7.) I have a few vacation days left that I have to use by the end of the year.
8.) I like to go on adventures.
9.) Meet new people who might also be there for the same reason.
10.) I like to go on adventures.

Also I am thinking, all in all it would be a pretty cool adventure... as (hopefully) Nov. 1st will be the fist day loaded carry in a vehicle will be legal, so, if all goes well at the DOJ, the ride home will be AWESOME...

Outdoorsman1

i have the same exact reasons you do
but i will be in line before you