• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nov 1 meet up at the DOJ

Outdoorsman1

I could be wrong but...

Before the DOJ pulled their crap with the emergency rules I think it was said that the applications would only be avialble online @ the DOJ website or by mail. I also remeber something about them becoming available on Nov. 1st and not before. If any of this still holds true any online applications will not be available until Nov. 1..... ?????

Edited to add: Somebody (I.K.?) did say something about showing up with a laptop and a printer to be able to actually print applications on the spot....????

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

E6chevron

We will have a group of people at the Wisconsin Capitol who are pushing for their rights. Based on earlier events in Madison this year, will that make us eligible for the free pizza?

I know we should not bring baloons inside.

Those who are submitting CCW applications, need to keep in mind, that they will have no special legal standing until the licenses are approved by the DOJ and mailed back to them. Make SURE, your O.C. weapon isn't covered up by a jacket or a shirt.

-------------

The DOJ Concealed Carry Law web page http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp still says that applications will not be available until Nov. 1, 2011.

-------------

The approved DOJ rules state:

JUS 17.04 (1)(f) Conduct a background check of the applicant pursuant to s. 175.60(9g), Stats., for the purpose of determining whether issuance of a license to the applicant is prohibited under s. 175.60(3)(b), (c), (d), or (e), Stats. If issuance of a license is not prohibited under s. 175.60(3)(b), (c), (d), or (e), Stats., the department shall issue the license, assign a license number to the licensee, and promptly send the license document to the licensee by 1st class mail.

If issuance of a license is prohibited under s. 175.60(3)(b), (c), (d), or (e), Stats., the department shall deny the application and proceed under sub. (2).

-------------

So don't expect to receive a license in your hand, at all.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

We will have a group of people at the Wisconsin Capitol who are pushing for their rights. Based on earlier events in Madison this year, will that make us eligible for the free pizza?

I know we should not bring baloons inside.

Those who are submitting CCW applications, need to keep in mind, that they will have no special legal standing until the licenses are approved by the DOJ and mailed back to them. Make SURE, your O.C. weapon isn't covered up by a jacket or a shirt.

-------------

The DOJ Concealed Carry Law web page http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp still says that applications will not be available until Nov. 1, 2011.

-------------

The approved DOJ rules state:

JUS 17.04 (1)(f) Conduct a background check of the applicant pursuant to s. 175.60(9g), Stats., for the purpose of determining whether issuance of a license to the applicant is prohibited under s. 175.60(3)(b), (c), (d), or (e), Stats. If issuance of a license is not prohibited under s. 175.60(3)(b), (c), (d), or (e), Stats., the department shall issue the license, assign a license number to the licensee, and promptly send the license document to the licensee by 1st class mail.

If issuance of a license is prohibited under s. 175.60(3)(b), (c), (d), or (e), Stats., the department shall deny the application and proceed under sub. (2).

-------------

So don't expect to receive a license in your hand, at all.

Thanks for the reminder. I believe we all knew that, however.

BROKENSPROKET

Cool!

I sent this to the Governor, Representatives Nass and August and Senator Kedzie:

As it stands now, a group of us are going to assemble at the DOJ offices at around 8:00 am 11/1 to turn in our concealed carry permit applications.

We would like to invite you guys to come along if you could arrange it. If you are also applying, that would be fun as well, otherwise, it will be a celebration of government 'allowing' us to further exercise our rights (sarcasm).

Thanks for all your work on this (not sarcasm).

--

Paul L Fisher
We shall see!

I think 8am is way too early. What if they don't have applications available on-line or in person til noon? If they are availble on-line at midnight (12:01 AM 11/1/2011) that would be good, but it might end up being 11:59 PM 11/01/2011.

If they are avaible at midnight, several of us will be printing off extras for anyone that show up at the breakfast meet-up without one. If not, we might be screwed.

BROKENSPROKET

Edited to add: Somebody (I.K.?) did say something about showing up with a laptop and a printer to be able to actually print applications on the spot....????

Outdoorsman1

I_K said that he would from his hotel room. He will prpbabaly be checked out before the meet-up. I was planning too aswell, but might end up driving down in the morning. Depends on how much money I have.

Is there even Wi-Fi access around Capital Square?

I bet Jolene or another staffer would print some off for us if we needed them.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I think 8am is way too early. What if they don't have applications available on-line or in person til noon? If they are availble on-line at midnight (12:01 AM 11/1/2011) that would be good, but it might end up being 11:59 PM 11/01/2011.

If they are avaible at midnight, several of us will be printing off extras for anyone that show up at the breakfast meet-up without one. If not, we might be screwed.

Personally I agree, just because I'm like a crack of noon sort of guy. I do not do early am if I don't have to. Having said that, I am willing to make the personal sacrifice in this instance. I guess this is why we are hooking up for breakfast first? To see if we actually have applications? If the DOJ does not provide applications by early morning we could hang out with outdoorsman1 on the sidewalk. Or tour the city?

As far as soliciting sex... that seems a tad risky. However, last time I was there I was informed by the locals of that massage parlor over that dive bar about two blocks from the Capitol. The Rising Sun or something?

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

As the day approaches, I hope that we will get confirmation of when/where they will be available.

I have the whole day free. If we show up at 8:00 and we don't have forms, and we get government officials to show up as well, we can exert pressure on the powers that be.

Jason in WI

Thinking about making the pilgrimage also. Not sure yet. My dad also seems to want to come even if his Utah permit isn't back by then, told me he even wants to open carry with us :eek:. Weird he's always been a concealed carry type.

What hotels are you guys staying at? Anything planned for the night before?

Like Handy I'm a noonish man myself and staying over night sounds allot better then leaving very, very early to make breakfast.

Outdoorsman1

HandyHamlet
Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET

Personally I agree, just because I'm like a crack of noon sort of guy. I do not do early am if I don't have to. Having said that, I am willing to make the personal sacrifice in this instance. I guess this is why we are hooking up for breakfast first? To see if we actually have applications? If the DOJ does not provide applications by early morning we could hang out with outdoorsman1 on the sidewalk. Or tour the city?

As far as soliciting sex... that seems a tad risky. However, last time I was there I was informed by the locals of that massage parlor over that dive bar about two blocks from the Capitol. The Rising Sun or something?

And...

HandyHamlet
Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff
they were raided and shut down a couple years ago unless they have reopened
Dammit. Always a day late and a dollar short. Looks like freezing our nuts off with outdoorsman1 on the side walk it is.

To be clear.... I am STILL waiting for official DOJ confirmation that they will be accepting applications in person. I think we pretty much got getting a copy of the application covered by someone bringing a laptop and a printer. BUT, if the DOJ will not accept applications in person ("By Mail Only"), or if the applications are not going to be available online umtil anybody's best guess (need confirmation from DOJ they will be avaiable (very) early AM on Nov. 1), then I will not be there.... As in the only reason I would be there is to be able to hand in my application in person realitively early Tuesday morning. I will be calling the DOJ as time get closer to try and confirm my questions. I will post here (or in a new thread) whatever I find out...

On a side note... I think it is kinda ironic that Handy's comments earlier were deleted but the same comment shows up in quotes of his original jsut a couple of posts later....:eek:

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

im trying to call and confirm but all i get is please hold your call will be answered in the order it was received message

Yea... figures... thanks for trying. I will start my calling next week as to anything said this week might change by next week. I suppose for that matter... anything said next week could change by Nov. 1.... :banghead:

Outdoorsman1

HandyHamlet

I just blew a call into Cindy (same Cindy everyone is talking to I guess) at Van Hollen's office. She picked it right up.

She said the applications could be turned in at her office, check or money order only, and she has no idea when the applications will be available online but is guessing the start of the business day. She also said they are completely aware that people are planning on getting there "at 12:01" to turn in their permits.

She was laughing and seems nice. Maybe she should be the attorney general. Although she has no new info she has confirmed everything already posted.

oliverclotheshoff

way to go handy is she located in the risser or the capitol office she never specified wheni called

hang at ellies or go for a short walk around

Last edited: