Thread: I am starting to like this guy.....

I am starting to like this guy.....

Maybe its just me but this guy seems like atleast he will scare some WAVE members if he gets elected... Any thoughts?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/e...190824495.html

Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post
    Maybe its just me but this guy seems like atleast he will scare some WAVE members if he gets elected... Any thoughts?

I don't see a problem with the President carrying a gun if he so chooses. I wouldn't like it as much if Rick Perry wrote and executive order exempting just himself and not anyone else. Either way, the debate would be quite interesting and I would be curious to see if he would do it.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

"loaded with deadly hollow-point bullets, fully equipped with a laser-sight for precise killing. (What, you don't?)"

I almost stopped reading after that...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    "loaded with deadly hollow-point bullets, fully equipped with a laser-sight for precise killing. (What, you don't?)"

Yeah the writer wasnt the best for that story i almost died of laughter......

I've said in the past that if I were President I'd carry all the time and join the Secret Service on the range: if they couldn't shoot at least as well as I can, then they'd be off the protective detail.

I don't think it requires a Rick Perry election to make WAVE worry. They're already worried about the overall steady decline in the anti-gun movement over the past decade. The anti-gun organizations have very low membership and they're sustained only due to the funding of a few rich benefactors.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Centurion

The author thinks this will *cost* Perry votes!

Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post

What is ironic about this article is that the author is doing Perry a service. Articles like this make it much more likely that he will make it through the primaries and win the election.

We know that he can allready shoot yotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun
    I've said in the past that if I were President I'd carry all the time and join the Secret Service on the range: if they couldn't shoot at least as well as I can, then they'd be off the protective detail.
    LOL! I can see you doing that, too.
    Wouldn't that be embarassing:
    Weren't you on POTUS detail this week?
    Yeah, I was. Then we went to the range to have some fun... Even his daughter outshot me!

I don't think it requires a Rick Perry election to make WAVE worry.
    +1
    They (figuratively) jump at shadows. Comes from being a prey animal.

LOVE the comparison between the Blackberry and a firearm. The Secret Service was concerned over the information that would be actively transmitted over non-secure airwaves with Obama. I don't think an inanimate hunk of iron rises quite to the same security risk considering every member of the President's security detail carries a firearm.

Oh cool...politicians being exempt from laws governing the unwashed masses...
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

I think Rick Perry is our man. I believe he will be the most pro 2nd amendment president in modern history. He will be the 2nd Ronald Reagan in many ways. He is not an Ivy league high society Washington insider- he is one of us! We need to support him and elect him as president.

I am with Shotgun 100%. Was thinking the same thing before I read the post.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post

That is exactly where I stopped reading.
    “Your mind is your only judge of truth–and if others dissent from your verdict, reality is the court of final appeal.”
    - Atlas Shrugged

[URL="http://www.ronpaul.com[/URL]

yeah but did you guys see this related article? very interesting..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

I voted for Rick Perry in the 2002 Texas Gubernatorial election.

The liberal media "taggers" will pull every cheap shot the can think of to disparage him- AND SARAH PALIN.

Texas has faired VERY WELL under Governor Perry. He has supported every right to bear arms legislation passed by the Texas Legislature - including unlicensed handgun carry in your vehicle, the "Castle doctrine", and he would have signed the licensed OC bill if it had been acted upon in a timely manner by the Legislature.

He is NOT Ronald Reagan - but he is a bit "Reagan-esque". He has actually served his nation as an Air force C-130 pilot - not as a Marxist "community organizer" He is at his best in the OFFENSE.

I predicted this several months ago - a Rick Perry / Sarah Palin ticket.

If John McCain hadn't had Palin on his ticket he wouldn't have garnered more than 25 % of the 2008 vote. McCain was - and IS - A LOSER.

We have Obama - BECAUSE OF McCAIN.

Sarah Palin could have beaten Obama had SHE been at the TOP of the ticket.

DO NOT underestimate Sarah Palin. She will announce - soon.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 08-22-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    I voted for Rick Perry in the 2002 Texas Gubernatorial election.

The liberal media "taggers" will pull every cheap shot the can think of to disparage him- AND SARAH PALIN.

Texas has faired VERY WELL under Governor Perry. He has supported every right to bear arms legislation passed by the Texas Legislature - including unlicensed handgun carry in your vehicle, the "Castle doctrine", and he would have signed the licensed OC bill if it had been acted upon in a timely manner by the Legislature.

He is NOT Ronald Reagan - but he is a bit "Reagan-esque". He has actually served his nation as an Air force C-130 pilot - not as a Marxist "community organizer" He is at his best in the OFFENSE.

I predicted this several months ago - a Rick Perry / Sarah Palin ticket.

If John McCain hadn't had Palin on his ticket he wouldn't have garnered more than 25 % of the 2008 vote. McCain was - and IS - A LOSER.

We have Obama - BECAUSE OF McCAIN.

Sarah Palin could have beaten Obama had SHE been at the TOP of the ticket.

i'd rather see some sort of Perry/Paul or Paul/Perry ticket. All the votes that Palin would garner, will be had anyway, because they won't vote to the left....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    I want to laugh. But the thought is too scary. I mean, is there some rule I don't know about? Where the Vice President MUST have an IQ of less than 80?

God help us all.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 08-22-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I prefer this guy

Dr.Paul is unwaivering in his views and isn't a shill for the establishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSmbU...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Thos.Jefferson; 08-22-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I want to laugh. But the thought is too scary. I mean, is there some rule I don't know about? Where the Vice President MUST have an IQ of less than 80?

God help us all.
    Only those with an IQ of <80 or >200 would believe that. I don't think you fit either category. So quit trying to write jokes. You don't have the talent.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

I don't have to write anything. All I have to do is watch. Truth is stranger than fiction.

"Certainly we'll probably invite criticism for even doing this too, at least this was fun."

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

God help us all.
    Joe Biden's current position might lead someone to think so. It seems to me however that people who still insist Palin is intellectually inferior while posting PMSNBC hit piece videos on her are not qualified to question anyone's intellect since they obviously have zero critical thinking skills or any independent thoughts at all.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    It seems to me however that people who still insist Palin is intellectually inferior while posting PMSNBC hit piece videos on her are not qualified to question anyone's intellect since they obviously have zero critical thinking skills or any independent thoughts at all.
    Because supporting the same old professionally political losers, regurgitated up by the same old parties who got us where we are today, indicates incredible amounts of free will and superior thinking... Keep the status quo alive!

Congrats Sir. Ingenious plan!
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie