Thread: Sportsman Channel

Sportsman Channel

An e-mail I just sent off to Sportsman Channel:
    I just watched episode 33 of Handguns which talks about conceal carry. Just once I would like to see a show about open carry. It's always conceal, conceal, conceal! Real people carry open! Unless I plan on standing out in the cold I open carry. I do not dress for the gun I dress for the weather. So 95% of the time it's OC. Come to WA state and do a story on OC. I OC a full size Taurus 24/7 9mm with no issue. Please can we get some equal coverage?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Make a movie

Hey Gold
    Wouldn't it be great to make our own All Washington collective Open Carry video.
    Somebody out there must be good at editing, so....lets see if there is any volunteers to put together
    a comp compile.

Quote Originally Posted by skyisfalling View Post
    Hey Gold
    Wouldn't it be great to make our own All Washington collective Open Carry video.
    Somebody out there must be good at editing, so....lets see if there is any volunteers to put together
    a comp compile.
    I have suggested this numerous times with the idea of going on public TV. There have been a number of positive responses, how ever, they always turn out to be hollow. Just talk from the ones who OC is the shadow of the real oc ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    I have suggested this numerous times with the idea of going on public TV. There have been a number of positive responses, how ever, they always turn out to be hollow. Just talk from the ones who OC is the shadow of the real oc ers.
    Very true trigger, Deros and I were just at an event where someone didn't really think we OC all the time as we would be harassed. We often even get the same attitude here on the board. I can assure those who doubt that Deros, myself, and some others OC daily.
    Live Free or Die!

GoGo is correct.we were at a rally the other day for Hadian and one of his people asked me if I was cop or OC.I said simply open carry.He was surprised to say the least.He kept saying he wanted to but we would be harrased.He had a LCP in is back pocket.Go go and I tried to explain that many here open carry everyday all day.He still insisted we would be harassed.I have observed that many will OC for an event and tout open carry but don't do it everyday.We do.Everywhere.Thats why we have taken some of the do,to illustrate that we do OC everywhere and we don't get harrased.we mostly get questions regarding Wa.gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    GoGo is correct.we were at a rally the other day for Hadian and one of his people asked me if I was cop or OC.I said simply open carry.He was surprised to say the least.He kept saying he wanted to but we would be harrased.He had a LCP in is back pocket.Go go and I tried to explain that many here open carry everyday all day.He still insisted we would be harassed.I have observed that many will OC for an event and tout open carry but don't do it everyday.We do.Everywhere.Thats why we have taken some of the do,to illustrate that we do OC everywhere and we don't get harassed.we mostly get questions regarding Wa.gun rights.
    I know, I OC every time I go out (except Ft. Lewis and Worksource). The only time I have seen an OC'er is at our get togethers. I have never been trespassed anywhere, to include locations where others have. The only "place" I have a problem is with the Thurston County Search and Rescue Council, we are not allowed to carry when on a mission.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Very true trigger, Deros and I were just at an event where someone didn't really think we OC all the time as we would be harassed. We often even get the same attitude here on the board. I can assure those who doubt that Deros, myself, and some others OC daily.
    I OC 90 % or more of the time as well almost 3 years now and have not had a significant negitive event. Now some of you may want to say but you live on the east side of the state where its more accepted but I travel a lot and dont stop OCing just because I am on a trip. In the last 12 months I have OCed multiple trips in ID, MT, WY, AZ, NV, OR, UT and of course WA. I also OCed on one trip through NE, SD and IA. I do put my firearm in the trunk in a locked case when I go to Illinois and Kalifornia I know I am a wimp.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 08-17-2011 at 05:20 PM.