• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sportsman Channel

golddigger14s

Activist Member
An e-mail I just sent off to Sportsman Channel:
I just watched episode 33 of Handguns which talks about conceal carry. Just once I would like to see a show about open carry. It's always conceal, conceal, conceal! Real people carry open! Unless I plan on standing out in the cold I open carry. I do not dress for the gun I dress for the weather. So 95% of the time it's OC. Come to WA state and do a story on OC. I OC a full size Taurus 24/7 9mm with no issue. Please can we get some equal coverage?

skyisfalling

Make a movie

Hey Gold
Wouldn't it be great to make our own All Washington collective Open Carry video.
Somebody out there must be good at editing, so....lets see if there is any volunteers to put together
a comp compile.

Trigger Dr

Hey Gold
Wouldn't it be great to make our own All Washington collective Open Carry video.
Somebody out there must be good at editing, so....lets see if there is any volunteers to put together
a comp compile.

I have suggested this numerous times with the idea of going on public TV. There have been a number of positive responses, how ever, they always turn out to be hollow. Just talk from the ones who OC is the shadow of the real oc ers.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I have suggested this numerous times with the idea of going on public TV. There have been a number of positive responses, how ever, they always turn out to be hollow. Just talk from the ones who OC is the shadow of the real oc ers.

Very true trigger, Deros and I were just at an event where someone didn't really think we OC all the time as we would be harassed. We often even get the same attitude here on the board. I can assure those who doubt that Deros, myself, and some others OC daily.

DEROS72

GoGo is correct.we were at a rally the other day for Hadian and one of his people asked me if I was cop or OC.I said simply open carry.He was surprised to say the least.He kept saying he wanted to but we would be harrased.He had a LCP in is back pocket.Go go and I tried to explain that many here open carry everyday all day.He still insisted we would be harassed.I have observed that many will OC for an event and tout open carry but don't do it everyday.We do.Everywhere.Thats why we have taken some of the do,to illustrate that we do OC everywhere and we don't get harrased.we mostly get questions regarding Wa.gun rights.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
GoGo is correct.we were at a rally the other day for Hadian and one of his people asked me if I was cop or OC.I said simply open carry.He was surprised to say the least.He kept saying he wanted to but we would be harrased.He had a LCP in is back pocket.Go go and I tried to explain that many here open carry everyday all day.He still insisted we would be harassed.I have observed that many will OC for an event and tout open carry but don't do it everyday.We do.Everywhere.Thats why we have taken some of the do,to illustrate that we do OC everywhere and we don't get harassed.we mostly get questions regarding Wa.gun rights.
I know, I OC every time I go out (except Ft. Lewis and Worksource). The only time I have seen an OC'er is at our get togethers. I have never been trespassed anywhere, to include locations where others have. The only "place" I have a problem is with the Thurston County Search and Rescue Council, we are not allowed to carry when on a mission.

Jeff Hayes

Very true trigger, Deros and I were just at an event where someone didn't really think we OC all the time as we would be harassed. We often even get the same attitude here on the board. I can assure those who doubt that Deros, myself, and some others OC daily.

I OC 90 % or more of the time as well almost 3 years now and have not had a significant negitive event. Now some of you may want to say but you live on the east side of the state where its more accepted but I travel a lot and dont stop OCing just because I am on a trip. In the last 12 months I have OCed multiple trips in ID, MT, WY, AZ, NV, OR, UT and of course WA. I also OCed on one trip through NE, SD and IA. I do put my firearm in the trunk in a locked case when I go to Illinois and Kalifornia I know I am a wimp.

Last edited: