• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Early-morning burglary attempt foiled in Las Cruces, NM victim and one suspect shot

jhow1nm2

Just noticed this. It's 2 blocks from where I was at today, taking my daughter to dance classes.

Las Cruces Sun News article: http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-news/ci_18692998

LAS CRUCES - An early-morning burglary attempt was thwarted by an armed homeowner who opened fire at three men who reportedly broke into his house, and accidentally shot himself while chasing off the suspects.

Shortly before 12:30 a.m. today, Las Cruces Police were called to the 1800 block of Debra Street after neighbors heard gunfire. Arriving officers found shell casings and blood evidence but no victims.

Adan Quintero, 22, was struck by one of the rounds fired by the homeowner and was transported by friends to Mountain View Regional Medical Center, according to police. He was subsequently airlifted to University Medical Center of El Paso with a gunshot wound to his upper chest. His condition is stable and his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.

A short while later police were notified that medical professionals at Mountain View were tending to two gunshot victims who arrived independent of each other. One of the gunshot victims was Quintero and the other patient was the 30-year-old victim of the burglary attempt who appears to have accidentally shot himself while chasing off the suspects, police said. The injuries to the 30-year-old victim are not life-threatening.

Remainder of article at: http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-news/ci_18692998

Malcolm

That sucks the guy shot himself. His adrenaline got to him bad. A learning lesson for us all. Glad to hear he's ok though.

jhow1nm2

Rules #1 and #2

Rule #1 -- don't chase a fleeing perp off your property in NM. We are not a castle doctrine state...(bummer)...

Rule #2 -- if you decide to disregard Rule #1 -- don't run with your finger on the trigger....

TheLittleMan

'u dnt kno nething, my cuzin braked into a drugdealers house newayz foo' mind ya own buziness'

Wow those girls defending those guys are a shining example of intelligence. Even if the guy defending his house was a drug dealer that's his business. Let the cops deal with that it's why we pay them.