• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time Travel Proven

since9

Campaign Veteran
Outstanding find!

Given the Communist's playbook from the 40's and 50's has nearly been fulfilled by the libs and dems, it's little wonder that smart people way back then had enough foresight to accurately predict the consequences.

Problem is: Not enough people listened. Too many idealists.

Smart people today are still predicting the consequences, but the same idealistic problems are creating the same noise in the communication channel, drowning out the common sense and brainwashing those who can't focus long enough to filter it out.

eye95

He has some good points, was prescient, and remarkably similar to Ron Paul--even to saying some of the same wack-a-doodle stuff, like isolationism and returning to the gold standard. This is why the John Birchers went nowhere--and neither will Ron Paul.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
He has some good points, was prescient, and remarkably similar to Ron Paul--even to saying some of the same wack-a-doodle stuff, like isolationism and returning to the gold standard. This is why the John Birchers went nowhere--and neither will Ron Paul.

Arghhh.......
Look up isolationism and then look up non-interventionism and learn the difference.
Here, I'll even do it for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolationism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-interventionism
I'm so sick and tired of people parroting talking points. You've just put yourself in the same boat as the rest of the talking heads.

Last edited:

eye95

The fact that some choose to put a kinder sounding label on it does not change what he and Paul say. I choose to label it more honestly as wack-a-doodle isolationism. Such relabeling is reminiscent of pro-abortionists calling themselves "pro-choice."

So, play your semantic games with someone else and stop arrogantly giving out homework assignments.

Moving on.

Last edited:

Tony4310

I'll keep casting my vote for Ron Paul, thanks. I'd rather cast my vote for R.P. than cast my vote for a repub or dem and waste a vote. Both parties are full of morons and globalists that have no interest in the U.S. Only making other globalists happy.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
The fact that some choose to put a kinder sounding label on it does not change what he and Paul say. I choose to label it more honestly as wack-a-doodle isolationism. Such relabeling is reminiscent of pro-abortionists calling themselves "pro-choice."

So, play your semantic games with someone else and stop arrogantly giving out homework assignments.

Moving on.

Let me get this straight. You; the one guilty of some of the most arrogant and conceited posts on the whole forum accuse me of being so? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Words mean things and I'm not the one changing the meanings. It's you who is refusing the black and white difference because it doesn't fit your statist, neocon agenda. Maybe if you'd do a little homework instead of acting like you are the the absolute last word on everything under the sun you'd get along with others a little better.

Are you Bill O'Rielly?

You can just go ahead and "move along" to your little mental island where you are the last authority on everything; facts be damned, no one's going to stop you. People who realize that they don't know everything, myself included, will take advantage of actual cites to relevant material instead of turning up their noses and basking in their ignorance.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Isolationism would restore industry to this country, and the economy would follow. I would pass a law that says "No Imports" so fast it would make your head spin. America, if you want it, build it here! Not only would it eliminate our dependence on foreign oil, it would force our manufacturers back into our borders, and really put a stopper on the drug trade. Legalise weed so that all the druggies would hqave something harmless to get high on so they dont go nuts, and you are well on your way to becoming a super power again.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Isolationism would restore industry to this country, and the economy would follow. I would pass a law that says "No Imports" so fast it would make your head spin. America, if you want it, build it here! Not only would it eliminate our dependence on foreign oil, it would force our manufacturers back into our borders, and really put a stopper on the drug trade. Legalise weed so that all the druggies would hqave something harmless to get high on so they dont go nuts, and you are well on your way to becoming a super power again.

As a non-interventionist; I don't agree with this, and that is the difference between isolationism and non-interentionism. The reason I think isolationism doesn't work is lack of trade and diplomacy. Non-interventionism on the other hand does not encompass those same protectionist measures. IMO, if you want to have a humble foreign policy and at the same time have some peaceful infuence around the world, you need the leverage that trade and diplomacy can get you. On the other end of the extreme; for example, if you want everyone to hate you and want to destroy you, you can go around starting wars while not using diplomacy or engaging in free trade.

Jack House

No imports would mean no exports. No one is going to buy from us if we refuse to buy from them. It also means that almost everything in our daily lives would run out in a few days. That computer you're using? Can't build it without imports. You need materials you can't really get here to build them. Cellphones and all computer technology would be in the same boat. Fruits would suffer shortages, as most of it is imported. Chocolate? Forget it. Cocoa plants can not be grown in America.

Stopping imports outright would destroy America faster than just about anything else.

stainless1911

Banned
How about a law that prohibits anything imported that is not currently being manufactured in the US?

As far as chocolate goes, Marijuana cant be grown in Michigan either, its an annual tropical plant, but I've seen some of the worlds finest being grown right here.

HandyHamlet

I thought we were broke because the asshats in Washington have no shame and spent this country into oblivion.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
This is one of the biggest reasons we are broke........

bernankePrintingPaperMoney.jpg

Jack House

The issue isn't that we do not have the industrial capacity to produce what we need, though that is also a serious issue. It's also that we do not have all of the required materials to do so.

Even if we did have the industrial capacity, a lot of things in our day to day lives requires resources that simply are not found in America.

Greg Bradburn

We're broke because our jobs went to other countries.

But the solution is not to "mandate" that companies produce here. The solution is to do away with corporate income taxes and oppressive regulations that make it impossible (unprofitable) for companies to produce here. We should make this county an entrepreneur's paradise (like it used to be) by getting the government out of businesses hair so they can unleash prosperity.

Of course, that would require dismantling the welfare state which should happen naturally when we begin to "starve the beast" of revenues.