Thread: Bullet Proof Mind

Bullet Proof Mind

Anyone going to this event this weekend?

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/bulletproof-mind/
    Last edited by protias; 08-17-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Going up north this weekend .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Campaign Veteran
    Haven't heard anything about it, didn't even know it was this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    Going up north this weekend .
    I'm going up north NEXT weekend!!!!! Sorry, I guess I'm just a little more excited about my trip. I don't make it up there near as much as I would like (nothing short of physically moving up north would satisfy that requirement)
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Anyone going to this event this weekend?

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/bulletproof-mind/
    Wife and I will both be attending, along with several others we know.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedOne View Post
    Wife and I will both be attending, along with several others we know.
    I'll wear my WCI shirt and of course, my personal protection device.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Over all it was pretty good.

I do have an issue with him (and his sources) that say video games cause violence. There are millions upon millions of gamers out there who are not violent.

I have been an avid gamer for almost as long as I've used firearms. I have to agree that playing games does not necessarily promote violent behavior but games such as Grand Theft Auto or similar types will never be played in my home, by myself or my kids. I see no entertainment value in deliberately portraying a criminal shooting cops, carjacking people or drug dealing, even if it is not real. There are plenty of other games where you can be a good guy and kick evils ass!
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

One thing he said that sort of shocked me (well, it shouldn't have, but it did) was, the NRA all the way to the ACLU agrees with current firearm laws (especially with children). My jaw hit the floor. Why do we need to have our liberties regulated away? Where in the Constitutions says we are able to do this?

One surprising fact was, if agencies reported crimes properly, the crime rate would be at least double what is reported. He said in NY, if crime was reported properly, it would be 4x of what it is!

What I never thought of was the advancement in medical tech. even in the last 40 years. He is right though, a gun shot that would have killed you then can be survivable in this day and age.

Overall i'd say it was a good educational class. Along with seeing a few old friends I havent seen in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I have been an avid gamer for almost as long as I've used firearms. I have to agree that playing games does not necessarily promote violent behavior but games such as Grand Theft Auto or similar types will never be played in my home, by myself or my kids. I see no entertainment value in deliberately portraying a criminal shooting cops, carjacking people or drug dealing, even if it is not real. There are plenty of other games where you can be a good guy and kick evils ass!
    Not that I give a damn about the game in question, but you're so hypocritical here it's quite ridiculous....

The character you play... the imagery you view, the dialogue you read/hear, the "missions" you attempt.... if playing games does not promote bad things you shouldn't have a problem with this game.

What you're really saying here is you do not have a problem with most game or just games you enjoy, but Grand Theft Auto and similar games won't be played in your home because you feel they promote bad behavior. So, essentially you're the same as people who say video games in general promote bad behavior. You just exempt the games you like.