• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bullet Proof Mind

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Haven't heard anything about it, didn't even know it was this weekend.

Going up north this weekend :(.

I'm going up north NEXT weekend!!!!! :monkey:banana::monkey:banana::monkey Sorry, I guess I'm just a little more excited about my trip. I don't make it up there near as much as I would like (nothing short of physically moving up north would satisfy that requirement)

protias

Over all it was pretty good.

I do have an issue with him (and his sources) that say video games cause violence. There are millions upon millions of gamers out there who are not violent.

Zeus

I have been an avid gamer for almost as long as I've used firearms. I have to agree that playing games does not necessarily promote violent behavior but games such as Grand Theft Auto or similar types will never be played in my home, by myself or my kids. I see no entertainment value in deliberately portraying a criminal shooting cops, carjacking people or drug dealing, even if it is not real. There are plenty of other games where you can be a good guy and kick evils ass!

protias

One thing he said that sort of shocked me (well, it shouldn't have, but it did) was, the NRA all the way to the ACLU agrees with current firearm laws (especially with children). My jaw hit the floor. Why do we need to have our liberties regulated away? Where in the Constitutions says we are able to do this? :cuss:

protias

One surprising fact was, if agencies reported crimes properly, the crime rate would be at least double what is reported. He said in NY, if crime was reported properly, it would be 4x of what it is! :shocker:

NakedOne

What I never thought of was the advancement in medical tech. even in the last 40 years. He is right though, a gun shot that would have killed you then can be survivable in this day and age.

Overall i'd say it was a good educational class. Along with seeing a few old friends I havent seen in years.

Trip20

I have been an avid gamer for almost as long as I've used firearms. I have to agree that playing games does not necessarily promote violent behavior but games such as Grand Theft Auto or similar types will never be played in my home, by myself or my kids. I see no entertainment value in deliberately portraying a criminal shooting cops, carjacking people or drug dealing, even if it is not real. There are plenty of other games where you can be a good guy and kick evils ass!

Not that I give a damn about the game in question, but you're so hypocritical here it's quite ridiculous....

The character you play... the imagery you view, the dialogue you read/hear, the "missions" you attempt.... if playing games does not promote bad things you shouldn't have a problem with this game.

What you're really saying here is you do not have a problem with most game or just games you enjoy, but Grand Theft Auto and similar games won't be played in your home because you feel they promote bad behavior. So, essentially you're the same as people who say video games in general promote bad behavior. You just exempt the games you like.