• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St Louis area meet up, Steak n Shake, Maryland Heights 8/21/2011

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Greets,

The Troy event has yet to be planned out and a few folks have questions regarding Olivette. I will be going to Steak n Shake on Sunday and will be more than happy to discuss my own position and planned activited regarding the olivette proposed ban in person.

I will be OC'ing as to my knowledge no laws exist against it there.

The the SnS I am speaking about is near Dorsett and 270 just West of 270 and North side of Dorsett road.

Look forward to seeing who ever opts to show up, I will be there about an hour unless a boat load of folks do show up and then I will be there until we grow weary of talkin gun stuff lol.

5 PM

Last edited:

xdmcompact

Greets,

The Troy event has yet to be planned out and a few folks have questions regarding Olivette. I will be going to Steak n Shake on Sunday and will be more than happy to discuss my own position and planned activited regarding the olivette proposed ban in person.

I will be OC'ing as to my knowledge no laws exist against it there.

The the SnS I am speaking about is near Dorsett and 270 just West of 270 and North side of Dorsett road.

Look forward to seeing who ever opts to show up, I will be there about an hour unless a boat load of folks do show up and then I will be there until we grow weary of talkin gun stuff lol.

5 PM

Same day as the IDPA shoot, will try and make it if were back by then.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I forgot about the IDPA thing going on. I would have gone to it as well, however, I have some nerve damage and a crack in a bone in my hand hence the poor typing. I am fairly sure that my Doc would not recommend the recoil so I am indeed going to have to pass on it.

Steak n shake on the other hand only requires I resist the chocolate shake :)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Is there a steak and shake in Olivette?

If there is, I would not bother with it and give them an additional possible complaint to point to at the meeting. I may however do so after the meeting no matter which way the vote goes as part of an interesting strategy.

Morpheus97

I would have gone to it as well, however, I have some nerve damage and a crack in a bone in my hand hence the poor typing. I am fairly sure that my Doc would not recommend the recoil so I am indeed going to have to pass on it.

You could shoot all the stages weak-hand only :lol:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I think it is going to be Maryland Heights today @ 5:00PM, no point in stirring the pot in Ollivette.

I am going to Maryland hts. I have no desire to control others behavior, I would agree however that there is no purpose in supporting the tax base of Olivette or giving them any reason for a rouge officer to try and stir up an additional negative image of open carriers.

I think it is more important we remain persons of professional conduct and lawful carry. As it sits right now, about 50 folks in the metro area have openly carried firearms in a totally legal manner, have politely educated the public on the merits of doing so with out incident. The response by even fewer anti-gunners has been a knee jerk reaction, making legal citizens whom have violated no laws into criminals because of their own fears that have and always do fail the smell test.

We are BETTER than them. They fear the blood in the streets, the bullets flying over parking places, the shots fired in anger along with the rest of the never happen stories because THEY have no self control or tolerance and are certain they would react in such a way themselves. That is the byline of the anti-gunner "since I would, everyone else must feel as I do" and they are in fact creating laws they some how feel keep them in control of themselves.

Since we know they FEEL this way, then we know how THEY would react which would be to throw a fit and jump up and down screaming like little kids in the candy check out at the store.

If we respond in the same manner they would, we would simply be confirming within their feeble minds that if allowed to openly carry a firearm, we would react like they feel they would as well, shooting each other over parking spaces.

Hold your heads high like the proud law abiding gentlemen and ladies we are, we are much better people who embrace freedom and self control as core values.

They are subjects of their own doing. They seek permission of the legislature to control others, as they have such permission they are only disappointed that we at our core level do not need their permission and it makes them feel weak and fearful so they choose to try and expand their power over others so as to reconfirm their permissive lifestyle.

Anyone who wants to go to dine in Olivette instead of Maryland Hts certainly does not need MY permission, I seek no such power over others. I simply was having a PM discussion with a person new to the site who asked about meeting etc and opted to toss out where I will be and just like the Chevy's tour, anyone and everyone who wants to join as they see fit. I will dine with my lovely maiden alone or with many friends and fellow freedom loving citizens who also have no need to express power over others.

We also have yet to celebrate the win in Troy MO, a place where freedom loving folks have put like minded people into power that at the core level believe in the freedom our fore fathers sought, we need to do that and support those whom share our beliefs.