• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Digital Voice Recorders and Recording Conversations in PA

USNA69

I am a Virginia resident; I will be visiting PA this weekend.
I have reviewed PA gun laws regarding OC and CC and know that PA is very gun-friendly and recognizes my VA Concealed Handgun Permit.
As a rule, when carrying at any time in VA, I also carry a digital voice recorder (DVR) and have it actively recording. In VA, a conversation may be legally recorded, if at least one party to the conversation is aware of the recording. That is always me.
The DVR is insurance against selective amnesia by witnesses (or LEOs) after an encounter.

What are the laws regarding the recording of conversations in PA?

Thanks in advance ...