• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pacos Tacos...meet up?

Lovenox

In light of Technoweenie's revelation that the owner of Pacos Tacos in Lacey is pro-OC, I thought it be prudent for the cause that we should change our venue for meet ups from the old workhorse, Starbucks, to this new business. Not that we are jilting an old flame, but more of spreading the wealth 'round, if you will, to a new business..what do you guys say?

Lovenox

There are way too many threads covering the subject lol..anyways Ill stop in tommorow after work..probably 6PM.

TechnoWeenie

Ill be in there tomorrow cause I cant make it that Saturday. You should have gotten a broad consensus before committing to the proprietor...

1. There is no 'perfect time', it will always be inconvenient for someone, including myself (there are plenty of meets I couldn't attend because of timing/distance/etc)
2. I didn't promise anything to anyone - including Martin (the owner).
3. If I don't/didn't set a date/time, I'll have everyone suggesting a time/day that's perfect for them and nothing will get done.
4. Saturday at noon is about as good as it gets, as far as availability goes. Not too early, not too late. Those working 9-5 m-f can attend, and those with 'things to do' on Saturdays can get things done both before and after.

If you can attend, that's awesome, if not, we can always catch up some other time... It's not a big deal... You win some, you lose some.

... and thank you for supporting a business that supports you.

Last edited:

Lovenox

1) Not asking for perfect but consensus amongst a broader base.
2) "Date set" sounds like you committed to the owner...
3) True, but thats the process of making sausage. Personally, I would have worked off of a "What's best for you guys" template and then finessed it from there to MAXIMIZE participation..
4) How do you know some dont work on weekends..? You work retail and I use to and that entails weekends at times.

Whats important is that we support this business owner balls to the wall. Its past time that we expand past the dead horse Starbucks and support business owners that dont just "follow state law" but are actually PROACTIVE in the OC arena. PM me your work scedule I might need to pick up a few goodies in the next couple of days.....