• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have any idea on OC, CC at the mall?

Malcolm

My family and I went to the mall a couple of weeks ago. I was OC'ing and just as we pulled into the parking lot I figured I should drive around to see if there were any no gun signs on the doors. There wasn't. I flashed over a Security Guard who was driving around and asked him what the policy was on OC'ing. He looked dumb founded. after explaining to him what that was in barney language. He told me he didn't know for sure, but he thought it wasn't permitted.

besides, I think we all know what malls are to the crazies of this world.

it was the mall off of oracle rd, in Tucson.

azcdlfred

Depending on where you enter (main door, store doors, etc.), you may or may not see a "no firearms" sign. It's been awhile since I've looked for any signage (I live in Tucson) but I'm pretty sure the mall owners take the position that firearms aren't allowed. Open carry inside and I'm sure you'll find out :(

Don't open carry (or carry discreet without a permit) in the food court - booze is served there so once you enter, you have passed the "it's only a trespassing violation" threshold and have entered the Class 3 Misdemeanor zone.

Fred

JoeGlock40

I was a mall cop n Tucson last year n still live here. None of the big malls . Like foothills. Tucson el con or park allow firearms. Security or leos will be called pretty fast depending on wut mall Ur at. I oc at foothills in the food court, they don't serve booze in the mall, and a janitor made a call on the radio to security that there's a guy wit gun n food court. But they no me so it was ok .. my advice is if u wana carry at a mall just cc discreetly n ull be good..like Fred said tho if they serve booze u better got a ccw

Malcolm

Thanks

I pretty much guessed that. I'm looking into a Kahr CW9 for CC. we'll see, there's a gun show coming up next month and I'm anxious to see what they have. I dislike malls in general though, So I will avoid that place at all costs. I met a guy who had been a mall cop in San Diego. He had some crazy stories. From his perspective it sounded like a pretty fun job.

me812

I pretty much guessed that. I'm looking into a Kahr CW9 for CC. we'll see, there's a gun show coming up next month and I'm anxious to see what they have. I dislike malls in general though, So I will avoid that place at all costs. I met a guy who had been a mall cop in San Diego. He had some crazy stories. From his perspective it sounded like a pretty fun job.

He wasn't this guy, was he?

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Malcolm

I wish........

Gecko45 is amazing. unfortunately I don't know him. If I did though, I'm sure I would have no problem going into the mall without a firearm. I can see how his existence commands a god-like reverence with all of his experience, knowledge and all around importance to the world as a whole. I wish I could be like that.

Enough sarcasm said.

Thanks for the link though. That is some quality entertainment. Gotta love the internet.

Phxbluesman

Over the past few weeks I have OCed several times with no issues at:

PV mall in Macy's, JC Penny, and in the mall itself at several stores. Saw a couple mall cops but I didn't notice if they noticed as I was just going about my business normally trying not looking around like a nervous Ned with my head on a swivel. No gunbuster signs to be seen there.

Desert Ridge at Einstein’s (NYer new to AZ asked “is that legal"), Marshalls and around the mall. Passed 3 mall cops and Phx PD a few times as we walked around Friday night...I know the cop noticed my weak side with spare mag etc. as I walked by... I didn't turn back to see if he noticed anything else. When we went to check out what movies were playing there was a sign at AMC that had a bunch of restrictions like no video recording, fighting AND carrying toy or real firearm.

The Colonnade at Last Chance.

While at Town & Country I did notice a gunbuster sign. That mall is dying...tons of vacant shops!

Let's normalize the sight of everyday citizens OCing...Carry On!!!

Last edited: